Why are they going with Hall Jordan and not Jon Stewart?

Mass

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Is this some obvious :mjpls: shyt or is there some sort of comic book information that I'm missing as to why hal Jordan is gonna be teamed up with batman super wonder n such?

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Green Lantern Corps Movie Announced at Comic-Con 2015
Green-Lantern-cover.jpg

Not much has been known about Warner Bros.’ Green Lantern movie, aside from the fact that they’re planning to make one. But the first little sliver of information has been revealed from the movie. At their Comic-Con Hall H panel today, Warner Bros. announced the title Green Lantern Corps. More about Green Lantern Corps after the jump.

The new title Green Lantern Corps seemingly confirming earlier rumors that the movie would center not on one Green Lantern but on multiple Green Lanterns in the Green Lantern Corps. As you know, there are several characters called Green Lanterns in the comics canon, and they’re all part of an intergalactic police force called the Green Lantern Corps. According to DC Comics Wiki:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Before the movie, a lot of people who grew up with JL/JLU though of John Stewart as GL, obviously except those that remember SuperFriends.

After the movie, pretty much every piece of GL related media has had Hal Jordan star, and even though the movie didn't do that well, everybody still recognised Ryan Reynolds as Hal.
I hope John Stewart gets a major role in the future though

Mass

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Before the movie, a lot of people who grew up with JL/JLU though of John Stewart as GL, obviously except those that remember SuperFriends.

After the movie, pretty much every piece of GL related media has had Hal Jordan star, and even though the movie didn't do that well, everybody still recognised Ryan Reynolds as Hal.
I hope John Stewart gets a major role in the future though

Thank you. I was just so lost. I'm like we ALL remember JLU. But I forgot about the SuperFriends

It is my personal opinion that the movie didn't do well because ... well the marine from Detroit, michigan>>>>

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
Each Green Lantern and Flash is representive of an era.

Silver Age: 60s/70s GL: Alan Scott Flash: Jay Garrick
Golden Age : 80s GL: Hal Jordan Flash: Barry Allen
Modern Age: 90s GL: Kyle Rayner Flash: Wally West
Millenum: 2000s GL: John Stewart Flash: Bart Allen

John Stewart is way more popular than Hal Jordan amongst anyone under 30... maybe under 40... :dead:
DC is completely aware of this, its why they are using the Wally West name on the Flash tv series. Anyone under 30 wants Wally West, not Barry Allen.
But they would rather go with a clearly dated character (Hal Jordan) than fund a project for an african american character that is several times more popular today (John Stewart)

That racism is so strong its hitting their pockets.
Cause I got no intention of paying for Superman v Batman or Justice League or any of their little cac films.

Can't wait for that Luke Cage and Black Panther tho... :blessed:

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
They don't even know if there will be a GL movie yet
If they go with Hal they are immediately gonna get hit with the flop GL film hate
Might as well go with Stewart since there are a lot of top black actors campaigning for it right now

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
That's when the rumor was Chris Pine would play Hal and they were looking for cats to play John but clearly Pine isn't playing Hal
I heard that DB Woolside guy from the show lucifer may want the role of John. And Tyrese Gibson been going hard for that role :lolbron:

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
:dahell: hal jordan been the main GL dude since forever. john stewart is cool and shyt, but even fakkit ass guy gardener was more popular than john stewart at one time. Hal been the main GL is damn near all the cartoon movies. john stewarts run on JL was piff, but CACs who actually read DC comics are gonna want Hal. Hal was even a major villain and the reason for one of them retarded ass DC universe resets they seem to do every 5 years