Why are there non crackhead homeless people still on the street after 5+ years?

Mystic

All Star
Bushed
Daps
I get why the crackheads are 10 years on the street because the crack or whatever removed their mental capacity to have a job and not smoke crack on the job/leave the job for whatever reason/etc but I'm talking about the sane ones, the ones no different than you and me it's just they are homeless. They may do some drugs but they are mentally sane just like the white guys who work for big companies that snort coke here and there how are they on the street after 10+ years or close to it? :hhh: Like you can't be sooo lazy you'd rather be sleeping on the street then on a nice bed :childplease::sitdown::why::beli::what::martin::comeon:

Sleepy Floyd

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston, Texas
They probably just gave up.

When I got out of prison I was homeless in the dead of winter in Milwaukee

I had a job within two weeks and an efficiency apartment a few weeks after that. And that's with a felony and a huge gap in my job history.

I was sleeping in homeless shelters, Parking ramps or in the hall of whatever apartment building had the front door unlocked

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
In NYC the men's only homeless shelters aren't safe, its safer to spend a night on the E train rather than in an homeless shelter.

Finding a job that pays a livable wage when you have no skills is very difficult.
usps always hiring...

97Pac

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

I had a job within two weeks and an efficiency apartment a few weeks after that. And that's with a felony and a huge gap in my job history.

I was sleeping in homeless shelters, Parking ramps or in the hall of whatever apartment building had the front door unlocked
I'm glad you were able to overcome that.
My aunt works a Job helping people find jobs
She said they have a whole list of employers that hire felons

Last edited:

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
In NYC the men's only homeless shelters aren't safe, its safer to spend a night on the E train rather than in an homeless shelter.

Finding a job that pays a livable wage when you have no skills is very difficult.
Most jobs don’t pay a livable wage. Even the “cheapest” rent prices in this country are meant for people making at least 80k on paper. The overwhelming majority of people in this country are functionally homeless.

Either grandathered into a house or structured lease that allows them to either pay no rent or very little. They don’t feel the fire like most so they think shyt is sweet and throw stones from their glass house,

Guarantee that if majority of “middle class” liberals lost their home they would be homeless eventually after burning through their savings on rent/other necessities.

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America
I'm glad you were able to over come that.
My aunt works a Job helping people find jobs
She said they have a whole list of employers that hire felons
Get that list and upload on all socials bruh. It’s guys that really wanna get going on the right foot hoping for a Christmas blessing as such.

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

Yup. Opportunity, or the lack thereof

Mystic

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Most jobs don’t pay a livable wage. Even the “cheapest” rent prices in this country are meant for people making at least 80k on paper. The overwhelming majority of people in this country are functionally homeless.

Either grandathered into a house or structured lease that allows them to either pay no rent or very little. They don’t feel the fire like most so they think shyt is sweet and throw stones from their glass house,

Guarantee that if majority of “middle class” liberals lost their home they would be homeless eventually after burning through their savings on rent/other necessities.

I get that but when you homeless that money can stack minus food money and the occasional hotel/gym for a bath so eventually that minimum wage will build up enough to have 6+ months of rent so if you on the streets for 10+ years and you not mentally handicapped there's no excuse IMO

Chrishaune

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville

They are not going to hear this but you are right. But it's about to be felt though. People are about to get the biggest wake up call of their life.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
If you look at the weakest parts of a society people reflecting those points will suffer.

Mental illness will put you on the street. Your mind will convince you to burn bridges and live out in the cold. Compound that with any addictions they may pick up and it's over.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
When I was a hardcore alcoholic I hung out with some homeless fellow drunks. This was in DC. It's hard out there for them. It's hard to get a job when you have no address or such a large gap in work history. Plus, they were drinking all day. It's hard to get out of that hole without some help, and a lot of people don't have that help.