Why are there absent fathers in our community?

Bernie Madoff

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Otisville, Federal Correctional Institution
I said earlier on thread it's an issue everywhere,I'm just talking about ours.It's a problem all over but why aren't many fathers around in OUR community meaning the black community not Spanish,not white,Asian etc....why ours?All I ask.Wealthy black families suffer from same issues as poor.Not all wealthy black families are together :heh:
No doubt. Not attacking you, nor did I read through the thread. But I will say matter of factly, that wealthy black families have the father around more often than not, and you can substitute black for any race in that sentence.

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
No doubt. Not attacking you, nor did I read through the thread. But I will say matter of factly, that wealthy black families have the father around more often than not, and you can substitute black for any race in that sentence.
Now I ain't take it personal,different views is what makes this topic unique.Wealthy black families have their struggles too,it's just that their kids have more access to better schools,neighborhoods.

Bernie Madoff

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Otisville, Federal Correctional Institution
Now I ain't take it personal,different views is what makes this topic unique.Wealthy black families have their struggles too,it's just that their kids have more access to better schools,neighborhoods.
And a father in the picture more than likely. didn't have a father around, and my mom went to jail for selling coke when I was 5.. BUT I had my grandparents around to raise me.. And that was a common theme in the hood when I was coming up. These poor kids today, don't even have grandparents to step in anymore though.. The family structure is completely gone, and that is the underlying issue to all of this.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
breh, marriage is down across the nation. Its a cultural trend. Historically, capitalists have pushed marriage because it adds to their labor pool and increases profits. Because of the loss of jobs and opportunities, marriage is no longer a viable mans to economic security so multiple groups have stopped marrying in big numbers. its a political economy thing, its a cultural thing, and its not just a "Black" thing

The truth. The Atlantic just published an article stating that marriage rates are down for all racial/cultural groups in the U.S.

It appears to be more aggravated among black people because we're the canary in the coal mine for trends in economic dislocation/alienation in the U.S. When the US de-industralized in the 70's, we were hit first and the hardest.

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Vietnam
Heroin
Crack
Welfare made it illegal to have a man in the house and receive benefits

Auto pilot

This. Plus the normalization and acceptance of the baby mama culture through media. Also, mass incarceration and longer sentences for black men. With mass incarceration comes underreported prison rape which further marginalizes an already oprressed man. The black man is and has been under a deliberate attack on a global scale.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
The truth. The Atlantic just published an article stating that marriage rates are down for all racial/cultural groups in the U.S.

It appears to be more aggravated among black people because we're the canary in the coal mine for trends in economic dislocation/alienation in the U.S. When the US de-industralized in the 70's, we were hit first and the hardest.
:wow:

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
This. Plus the normalization and acceptance of the baby mama culture through media. Also, mass incarceration and longer sentences for black men. With mass incarceration comes underreported prison rape which further marginalizes an already oprressed man. The black man is and has been under a deliberate attack on a global scale.
:salute:

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
And a father in the picture more than likely. didn't have a father around, and my mom went to jail for selling coke when I was 5.. BUT I had my grandparents around to raise me.. And that was a common theme in the hood when I was coming up. These poor kids today, don't even have grandparents to step in anymore though.. The family structure is completely gone, and that is the underlying issue to all of this.
Wow bruh,sorry to hear about ya moms.Salute to your grandparents I'm sure they instilled a lot of values in you.Grandparents these days in 2015 are young and misguided themselves.We are in the social media era where electronics raise kids.Yea there were distractions back in day,but today things are really out of control with the youth.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
so you would leave your wife and break up a home because she got fat? answer honestly
Id get a mistress and tell her to deal with it. Loving someone you arent attracted to is a no go. Loving someone who doesnt care enough about your relationship to put in effort to keep themselves together is disrespectful to yourself.

Thats just my opinion though. Im an angry and controlling man.

thirdeye

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Id get a mistress and tell her to deal with it. Loving someone you arent attracted to is a no go. Loving someone who doesnt care enough about your relationship to put in effort to keep themselves together is disrespectful to yourself.

Thats just my opinion though. Im an angry and controlling man.

:leon::ehh: