Why are there absent fathers in our community?

Daps
Why was it more beneficial to receive benefits than having a man in the house? Why didn't the man provide what the benefits would and more?
These are good questions. I have been wondering the same thing Wasn't this part of the war on poverty-stood stamps, welfare benefits? If there was a man in the house bringing in more, what would be the incentive? Wouldn't you rather have more money and your man and a father in the home? But some are trying to say that women were throwing out good men just for some food stamps and a little check and substandard housing. Doesn't make sense.
At the same time, why would the government pay for an able-bodied man to lay up in his house and not provide for his family? So would the incentive be for the man to get employment to support his family, or come back and get his family off welfare? No, he just left, and never came back.

freetroit

Banned
Daps
I just told y'all they started removing husbands from the household through the Vietnam war draft

Welfare was a substitute in response to this

Do you get it now?

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
One thing people ignore is alot of their moms were jump offs, nd their pops had another familiy he was active with but cheated on his wife with the mom thus making her a single parent. Lol lotta old heads have secret families.

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
We're not talking men just being in their child's lives. I know dudes with multiple baby mothers who just see their kids on weekends. Hate the baby mothers. This is abnormal and rampant.

A stable two parent household should be the ideal, not the option. Luckily more women are wising up, but thots are still contributing far too much to the birth rate
That's the problem lack of stability.Plus these women bringing all types of men around their kids,even when they are divorced or not with childs father.

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
One thing people ignore is alot of their moms were jump offs, nd their pops had another familiy he was active with but cheated on his wife with the mom thus making her a single parent. Lol lotta old heads have secret families.
That is true and very commin back in the day before social media.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
We're not talking men just being in their child's lives. I know dudes with multiple baby mothers who just see their kids on weekends. Hate the baby mothers. This is abnormal and rampant.

A stable two parent household should be the ideal, not the option. Luckily more women are wising up, but thots are still contributing far too much to the birth rate

a high birth rate is good for our people
... regardless of anything. If someone is in poverty they chance of rising out doesn't increase with less children-- Every study shows..
The people with madd kids who are rich will be rich, middle class, and poor will be that way regardless.

Two parent households is and always will be the ideal................ But it will never be the reality unless we start killing off poor people and killing kids in mass who are about to be born with two unmarried parents............. Is that situation ideal?

Thots Do Not produce babies on their own.

and the typical BM isn't typical......... There are chicks who didn't lose their virginity til college, with masters degrees that are so called 'baby mamas'

peace

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
These are good questions. I have been wondering the same thing Wasn't this part of the war on poverty-stood stamps, welfare benefits? If there was a man in the house bringing in more, what would be the incentive? Wouldn't you rather have more money and your man and a father in the home? But some are trying to say that women were throwing out good men just for some food stamps and a little check and substandard housing. Doesn't make sense.
At the same time, why would the government pay for an able-bodied man to lay up in his house and not provide for his family? So would the incentive be for the man to get employment to support his family, or come back and get his family off welfare? No, he just left, and never came back.
good ?'s :ohhh: good to see a woman's perspective.

Raava

Staff member
Daps
I hate people act like an issue is black and white when it isn't. It is not just hoes choosing low life men, or the woman is divorced.

Having babies out of wedlock is or was becoming an epidemic. It is no longer shamed as much. It is a normal part of society. Broken homes are a normal part of society. More couples are having babies without being married. Going through a pregnancy is difficult enough. Imagine going through that and having the option to say I don't have to deal with this, nothing is tying me down. We are not going work out but we will be here for our kid. Then they move on or one parent moves away. Now the father might see the kid a month or 2 in the summer and some holiday’s maybe, maybe on the weekend. That's the new thing.

I see and hear more black fathers in their kids’ lives these days than previous decades. Many don't want to repeat the same mistakes they experienced or observed. Some of same issues of absentee fathers that have been existing be it’s not on the same scale to me. To blame black women alone is ridiculous just like blaming government assistance IMO. The same people clowning a single more for being something like a medical tech are the same ones blaming welfare. Well which one is it?

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
a high birth rate is good for our people... regardless of anything. If someone is in poverty they chance of rising out doesn't increase with less children-- Every study shows..
The people with madd kids who are rich will be rich, middle class, and poor will be that way regardless.

Two parent households is and always will be the ideal................ But it will never be the reality unless we start killing off poor people and killing kids in mass who are about to be born with two unmarried parents............. Is that situation ideal?

and the typical BM isn't typical......... There are chicks who didn't lose their virginity til college, with masters degrees that are so called 'baby mamas'

peace

I see what you are saying, but this isn't typical.

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
a high birth rate is good for our people... regardless of anything. If someone is in poverty they chance of rising out doesn't increase with less children-- Every study shows..

peace
Would you agree that a high marriage rate would be ideal?

Bernie Madoff

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Otisville, Federal Correctional Institution
I know threads have been done before,but im not saying there aren't other absent fathers in other communities but this is very common in ours.I don't know the stats so im not gonna get into it but what is the deal?Why cant we have the highest marriage rate between our men and our women.Why cant wedlock rate be low?
This is a problem in ALL poor communities regardless of race. Do you think wealthy black families suffer from this? Because I would say no. Why do you make it seem like only black communities have an absent father issue?

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
This is a problem in ALL poor communities regardless of race. Do you think wealthy black families suffer from this? Because I would say no. Why do you make it seem like only black communities have an absent father issue?
I said earlier on thread it's an issue everywhere,I'm just talking about ours.It's a problem all over but why aren't many fathers around in OUR community meaning the black community not Spanish,not white,Asian etc....why ours?All I ask.Wealthy black families suffer from same issues as poor.Not all wealthy black families are together :heh: