Why are some women happy with not having a title?

Ashley Banks

All I ever wanted was the world
Daps
the only people we should rely on is ourselves. you said it yourself, you're not okay with people being there one day and not the next. it's life, everything you love will one day either change or die, that's the beauty of it all.

i'm completely honest with people and only ask for that honesty back, nothing more nothing less, from there i can decide whether or not i feel you belong in my personal experience.

why the aggression? we just have different viewpoints is all. i'll do anything within my power to assist the people i care for as long as it doesn't entirely displace me, in which case, someone who cares about me probably shouldn't have to ask of such things.

i never said i wish to fukk and leave, my only intentions are to feel out situations and do what we as separate beings feel is right at that moment. i'm not forcing anything on anyone. the now is all we have.

Yeah im not into that. :rudy: I avoid guys that are careless like that.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I know it sounds childish but I dont care for a situationship or having a "special bond" with someone

Its either we're in a relationship or Im single.

Most of my friends are either married, engaged or in a ltr.

So I cant really ask them this question because they wouldnt know the meaning :pachaha:

Can a female tell me what exactly does she get out of being committed to a man that won't even call her his girlfriend/woman/wifey ? :patrice:

:mjlol: At "special bond".

Spike Tarantino

Esposa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Filfee Nasteh Duddy Souf
If I had to guess:
:jbhmm:
  • Self-Esteem/Image issues
  • Uncomfortable with commitment
  • Acceptance of social hierarchy that was modeled for her as she matured
  • Unable/Unwilling to maintain a monogamous relationship
  • Desperation
I cannot relate and don't truly understand that point of view, but I chalk it up to a lifestyle I don't engage in.

Vice Queen

aka Joe Henny
Supporter
Daps
If I had to guess:
  • Desperation
I cannot relate and don't truly understand that point of view, but I chalk it up to a lifestyle I don't engage in.
Titles make me violent.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If I had to guess:
  • Desperation

I don't understand how anyone can't welcome it. I'm personally tired of learning about new family members, children, birthdays, etc. Every time you meet a new guy and get to talking to him you gotta remember a new set of facts. It's people I've known for 10 years and I can't remember their fukking birthday, so if you think I'm remembering yours anytime soon, new guy, you better think again.

I'm SO tired of meeting people's friends and families and shyt. Not even talking parents (I don't want to meet them either), but like random cousins and shyt. I don't know their name and I don't care. Then they have girlfriends and kids and shyt :mindblown: I just want to deal with one guy.

Daps
Is it weird that I'm comfortable maybe having a dude and seeing him like twice a week and texting a couple times a day? I've tried this with the last couple of guys I dated and they weren't having it. They called me cold and unemotional. :yeshrug:
I've just never been the type of girl that needs to be with a guy 24/7. So I guess I've never really cared about a title. It's not because I'm desperate or scared. I just kinda..... Idk, maybe I am cold :manny:

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
oh ok now i get it, your right he's basically using her.

No - that isn't what I was saying.

Any "title" isn't just deserved off rip; "titles" are earned.
That goes for every title from "King Of The South" to "Miss America" to "my woman".
You don't just get those designations bestowed on you just because you hang around,
you gotta work to show you are that...

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No - that isn't what I was saying.

Any "title" isn't just deserved off rip; "titles" are earned.
That goes for every title from "King Of The South" to "Miss America" to "my woman".
You don't just get those designations bestowed on you just because you hang around,

you gotta work to show you are that...

How long would you work without getting paid?

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Am I working for "pay", or a "title"?
Time is money. I guess men have the luxury of time and stringing women along until they have met some set of arbitrary requirements but women just don't. Not if she's smart. A title is only as good as the set of actions accompanied by it. If you're entertaining women you don't feel you could commit to, you're wasting your time.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Time is money.

No it isn't, and it wish people would stop saying this.
Time is time, and money is money.

I guess men have the luxury of time and stringing women along until they have met some set of arbitrary requirements but women just don't.

I don't recall saying anything about some list of "requirements", so I don't know where this came from, but whatever...

A title is only as good as the set of actions accompanied by it.

I agree - this is exactly what i've been saying.
So what good would it be to give someone an empty title who hasn't presented any "actions" to accompany it?

If you're entertaining women you don't feel you could commit to, you're wasting your time.

I agree with this as well. Here's the rub, doe:

A discerning man entertains a woman to see if he feels he could commit to her.
He takes time to get to know her and see if her actions warrant a title.

I'll be honest - I thought this was what women did, as well. Am I wrong?

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No it isn't, and it wish people would stop saying this.
Time is time, and money is money.

I don't recall saying anything about some list of "requirements", so I don't know where this came from, but whatever...

I agree - this is exactly what i've been saying.
So what good would it be to give someone an empty title who hasn't presented any "actions" to accompany it?

I agree with this as well. Here's the rub, doe:

A discerning man entertains a woman to see if he feels he could commit to her.
He takes time to get to know her and see if her actions warrant a title.

I'll be honest - I thought this was what women did, as well. Am I wrong?
Well time is more valuable than money.

Because I feel my time is valuable, if I'm kicking it with you, at that moment you are THE ONE and I don't see the big deal in saying we are exclusive. That doesn't mean we will make it to marriage, but it's more serious than casually dating, imo. I don't think it's fair to treat relationships like an open job where you're interviewing people over time that fits your criteria and scoring point based on what she's doing.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Well time is more valuable than money.

I agree, which is just one reason I don't think they are the same.

Because I feel my time is valuable, if I'm kicking it with you, at that moment you are THE ONE and I don't see the big deal in saying we are exclusive. That doesn't mean we will make it to marriage, but it's more serious than casually dating, imo.

So you don't casually date someone...to see if you want to seriously date them?
Is a dude your "boyfriend" after you go out with him once?

I don't think it's fair to treat relationships like an open job where you're interviewing people over time that fits your criteria and scoring point based on what she's doing.

I'm not saying a person should have a checklist they check chit off of when they go on dates...but
I think it's very fair to treat this type of relationship like an open job, because that's what it is.
I mean, if the end goal of dating is to find someone you want to be your partner in life that is a very important job.
And if ones' time is (as you say) very important, then all the time you spend in that pursuit isn't just
time that is frittered away.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I agree, which is just one reason I don't think they are the same.

So you don't casually date someone...to see if you want to seriously date them?
Is a dude your "boyfriend" after you go out with him once?

I'm not saying a person should have a checklist they check chit off of when they go on dates...but
I think it's very fair to treat this type of relationship like an open job, because that's what it is.
I mean, if the end goal of dating is to find someone you want to be your partner in life that is a very important job.
And if ones' time is (as you say) very important, then all the time you spend in that pursuit isn't just
time that is frittered away.
Not "boyfriend" but not casual. Casual to me means you're dating and possibly having sex with others. I'm not going to make time to kick it with someone who has a list of woman he's trying to get to know. We may see the process of "dating" differently. Yours seems more of an open call or audition and mines is more of trial and error. I feel that exclusivity and general commitment are basic levels of respect that someone you're dating deserves, not something they should have to earn.