Why are Dominicans so obsessed with Haitians online?

Sbp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
I'll never forget a barbershop conversation with a Dominican dude, somebody mentioned Haiti and homie progressively went from talking about Haiti in a dismissive manner to straight vitriol to finally just blurting out "AYO THEM PEOPLE WORSHIP THE DEVIL SON!!!!" :damn:

Before that I never knew how deep or serious their rivalry was, but after that I understood that rivalry isn't the word to describe it, that shyt is a blood feud.

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
I'll never forget a barbershop conversation with a Dominican dude, somebody mentioned Haiti and homie progressively went from talking about Haiti in a dismissive manner to straight vitriol to finally just blurting out "AYO THEM PEOPLE WORSHIP THE DEVIL SON!!!!" :damn:

Before that I never knew how deep or serious their rivalry was, but after that I understood that rivalry isn't the word to describe it, that shyt is a blood feud.
From what I've seen, it's mostly one-sided hatred.

Mega

Superstar
Daps
I came across this tweet on my TL a few hours ago and thought it was a simple innocuous tweet.

But you go into the comments and you see a bunch of angry ass Dominicans hating even though this post said nothing about them. This is something I've seen across all forms of SM for years: this one-sided beef they have with Haitians.

I've been following a Haitian subreddit since 2021 and I've rarely seen them on there mentioning those people.

But I remember seeing Dominicans on there posting all kinds of negative remarks about them, sometimes overruning threads with hate, going out of their way to visit their sub just to troll.

I'm in there asking questions, chopping it up and these MFs interrupting with that racist bullshyt.

cam-newton.gif

This has been going on for 15 plus years.

There is a segment of them online that create fake accounts and pages just to stalk anything Haitian related.

It only intensified once the Kanal movement started last year.

Dr. Berthrude is face of the movement so they been hounding and threatening her online.

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
Same reason some posters here are tired of illegal immigration :yeshrug:

35% of national births in DR were from Haitian women, plus Domincan kids are being left out of schools due to there not being
enough classroom for both Haitian and Dominican kids.

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

FULL STOP....
CORRETION
Let's get this shyt CLEAR

"Rivalry"....you're right that's not the word to describe it

It's "Racism"...what's wrong with just calling it exactly what it is?

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Low IQ, incestous, sandal wearing white worshipping halfbreeds. Not much else to it :yeshrug:
Because DR is still a shytty third world country and they have nothing to be proud of otherwise, bunch of beige cousin fukking creeps

It's easy to punch down on a Black nation that's been purposefully destabilized by internal bad actors and greedy external forces

sums it up