Why are black people hypercritical of other black people?

BrokePhiBroke

Superstar
Daps
Yes, yes.

THIS.

I just recently decided besides finding the right spouse to have a kid with that I won't bring a child into this world until I feel I've became the woman that I want my kid to emulate. I'm still learning how everything is so connected in a destructive manner towards us. Something as simple as advertisement is fukkin with us mentally and esteem wise.

I wanna make sure that I have a spouse who's on code and myself is on code so we can both teach our kid about what's around them.

Rockstar Mom

PhatGurlSwag
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn!!!!!
It starts young. With black kids not being allowed to be children.

When my son was 6, he colored all on his classroom wall. Just a kid doing dumb kid shyt. When I came to pick him up, his principal(a black man) was going off at him about "AS BLACK MEN, WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE ON OUR BEST BEHAVIOR AT ALL TIMES. YOU THINK YOU CAN BE OUTSIDE MISBEHAVING LIKE THAT?'

I was like :dahell::dahell::dahell: "Um, excuse me but he's NOT a black MAN. He's a little boy. Hence the reason he would think its ok to color on the wall. Second, please back all the way back from my childs personal space!!"
The mama bear in me fought hard to keep my composure:dame:

He said "I just expect more from my student"

Thats all fine and dandy, but remember they are KIDS, and should be allowed to still have a childhood. They have more than enough time to be adults.

BrokePhiBroke

Superstar
Daps
It starts young. With black kids not being allowed to be children.

When my son was 6, he colored all on his classroom wall. Just a kid doing dumb kid shyt. When I came to pick him up, his principal(a black man) was going off at him about "AS BLACK MEN, WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE ON OUR BEST BEHAVIOR AT ALL TIMES. YOU THINK YOU CAN BE OUTSIDE MISBEHAVING LIKE THAT?'

I was like :dahell::dahell::dahell: "Um, excuse me but he's NOT a black MAN. He's a little boy. Hence the reason he would think its ok to color on the wall. Second, please back all the way back from my childs personal space!!"
The mama bear in me fought hard to keep my composure:dame:

He said "I just expect more from my student"

Thats all fine and dandy, but remember they are KIDS, and should be allowed to still have a childhood. They have more than enough time to be adults.
It's absolutely sad

• Dap
Reactions: I_Q

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
Yes, yes.

THIS.

I just recently decided besides finding the right spouse to have a kid with that I won't bring a child into this world until I feel I've became the woman that I want my kid to emulate. I'm still learning how everything is so connected in a destructive manner towards us. Something as simple as advertisement is fukkin with us mentally and esteem wise.

I wanna make sure that I have a spouse who's on code and myself is on code so we can both teach our kid about what's around them.

Somebody that gets it:wow:

Yep, its all by design and not "just entertainment".

"Psychological warfare" has been an extremely effective tactic used against blacks for generations now:

TBz3z7o.jpg

Remember: in order to control a mass group of people, you must gain control of their MIND and also manipulate how they feel about themselves and each other.

You are absolutely right, it starts in the home, but everything that your child sees and hears is designed purposely to get him/her to think and act the way THEY want him/her to think and act.

yardman

Mad movements!
Daps
Reppin
Whitehall
I don't mind us being critical of one another I just hate it when we do it in public settings for other people to watch. We give everybody a front row seat to our turmoil. The reason for that is because nikkas love attention. See now to your point of black people being hypercritical of other black people; I don't think it has anything to do with having higher standards of other black people. I think it comes from self hate and self loathing because being critical can come from a place of love but when your diatribe becomes vitriolic towards your people that's where the problem lies. And again when you usually see black people being hypercritical it's usually on public spaces. If you truly cared about the person you're critiquing you'd air out your discrepancies towards them in a private setting. A lot of that hypercritical-ness is usually done to get brownie points with other people. Another thing just because other groups practice certain behavior shouldn't be an excuse as to why we do it(I've been guilty of this line of thinking btw). That sounds like some follower shyt.

Mojo Jojo Morpheus

Dap Distributor
Daps
Reppin
Where it's hotter & wetter
I can honestly say I've been overly critical toward other black people in past and didn't know I was doing it. I'm working on not holding black people to these impossible standards. It's just stupid. Its crazy to see how much you been brainwashed in the past. It's humbling but kinda scary too.
Here's the thing. I've seen varying degrees of the same answer posted here and it might be pointless to reiterate it, but I will anyway.

It's a behavior born of selfishness.
ANY Black person that is hyper-critical of other Black people is AWARE of the public perception of Blacks.
If you feel like your family has a negative reputation, you would hate to see them engaging in ANY activity you think might add to that negative reputation.
Because those supposed negative behaviors/personality traits of your family not only reflect poorly on them but they also reflect poorly on YOU.
And that's what it's really about, how other Black people fukking up makes YOU look bad.
Hyper-criticism doesn't come from a place of love or concern for your fellow Blacks, but rather naked self-interest and insecurity.

That's why engaging in work geared towards Black empowerment/improvement/progress can be a fine line, because it takes an immense love of the people to face their flaws and shortcomings and NOT hate them for it. The temptation can be strong to slip into the same, negatively stereotyped thinking that you are trying to combat.

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
Here's the thing. I've seen varying degrees of the same answer posted here and it might be pointless to reiterate it, but I will anyway.

It's a behavior born of selfishness.
ANY Black person that is hyper-critical of other Black people is AWARE of the public perception of Blacks.
If you feel like your family has a negative reputation, you would hate to see them engaging in ANY activity you think might add to that negative reputation.
Because those supposed negative behaviors/personality traits of your family not only reflect poorly on them but they also reflect poorly on YOU.
And that's what it's really about, how other Black people fukking up makes YOU look bad.
Hyper-criticism doesn't come from a place of love or concern for your fellow Blacks, but rather naked self-interest and insecurity.

That's why engaging in work geared towards Black empowerment/improvement/progress can be a fine line, because it takes an immense love of the people to face their flaws and shortcomings and NOT hate them for it. The temptation can be strong to slip into the same, negatively stereotyped thinking that you are trying to combat.

The real issue is...

Do you see yourself as YOU first or Black first.

If you identify with your race before anything else...you will be the type of nikka that be pocket watching Black celebrities and be upset that you see Black women half naked on Instagram selling FitTea and taking trips to Dubai...

If you see yourself as YOU first, you kinda give everybody their own life. You do not act like other Black people are extensions of yourself.

I personally can not muster up enough of a fukk about what other people are doing in their lives. If Black celebrities wanna blow their money on designer clothes and expensive cars...let them do them. If Black women wanna be half naked on Instagram selling FitTea and selling p*ssy to oil sheikhs...then go ahead bih.

First and foremost...I am Me...I ain't Black and I ain't a man and I ain't an American first...I am Me-first...

If a White person or whoever wanna base my character off the behavior and actions off other Black people...that's their folly...ain't got shyt to do with me...I don't know all 40 million plus nikkas or what they do and I ain't associated with them...:yeshrug:

I_Q

All Star
Daps
Black children are definitely not seen as kids.

I've been saying this but if a 30 yr old white person does something "they JUST a kid"

Black kid does something "he SHOULD have KNOWN better" they don't get the same sympathy any other kid does.

Edited

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can honestly say I've been overly critical toward other black people in past and didn't know I was doing it. I'm working on not holding black people to these impossible standards. It's just stupid. Its crazy to see how much you been brainwashed in the past. It's humbling but kinda scary too.

It's a balance. You don't wanna be hypercritical and you always wanna be supportive but you don't wanna do it from a place of condescension or a feeling of inferiority either.

For example, I've always been one to try and support a black business regardless of the quality of the service/product. But a few days ago my homegirl who's a business owner posted something on her Facebook page that made me rethink my attitude

Listen.
Do not insult me by saying, "I'm supporting you as a black business owner..." (Or any of those variations).
Support me because you truly believe my services/products are of value to you.

You're not just "supporting" others because they just happen to be a white, male (or not a black woman).

So really it's a balance of knowing that we're still on an unequal playing field and have certain societal disadvantages while still having enough pride in ourselves to hold each other to high standards as well. It's easier said then done to reach that balance