Why are black people hypercritical of other black people?

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
They programmed.

A lot of these nikkahs programmed in every aspect of their lives as black people. Cac Conditioning is a muhfukka.

It's self hate and insecurity breh. Majority just want to be liked, they don't care about equality at all
Do you think being liked is related to having equality?

I know it sounds like a stupid question but from a general standpoint. Black people aren't liked nor do they have equality.

HopeKillCure

Banned
Daps
Reppin
On a queue
Do you think being liked is related to having equality?

I know it sounds like stupid question but from a general standpoint. Black people aren't liked nor do they have equality.
I think being liked is more important to most of us than anything else. black people will talk all Day about setting the trends that non-blacks follow. Brehs will also try way too hard to impress non-blacks. We can have non-black friends / partners without selling out blackness.

Majority don't care about total black equality, they don't see another black person and go " I'll bomb on anyone to make sure that breh or that brehette is enjoying a good quality of life just like myself"

Instead they go seeking acceptance and favor from non-blacks. Not equality.

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
I can honestly say I've been overly critical toward other black people in past and didn't know I was doing it. I'm working on not holding black people to these impossible standards. It's just stupid. Its crazy to see how much you been brainwashed in the past. It's humbling but kinda scary too.

Last edited:

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
Does it come from a place of placing higher standards on black people because you expect the best from them or does it come from a place of self hate or insecurity?

Where does this come from?

Self-hate is a factor but the highlighted is a reason also but in a different way.

Not all criticisms are negative and stem from a place of hatred.

Personally, I've come to the realization that too many of us are walking zombies and any type of "criticisms" aka things that blacks could do better in order to improve our collective situation, is frowned upon and seen as hating.

Basically anybody who even attempts to shed light and point out destructive, backwards behavior is seen as being "hypercritical" or a "c00n" by the people who are sleep.

cjlaw93

(Black) American
Daps
I call it "c00n standards" the reason a black person can watch the news and see a black person do something and it's the worst thing in the world to them while any other race can kill they mama and cook her head in the microwave and they won't fix their lips to shyt about that race

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
I can honestly say I've been overly critical toward other black people in pass and didn't know I was doing it. I'm working on not holding black people to these impossible standards. It's just stupid.

This unconscious behavior in victims of racism is something Neely Fuller speaks on a lot and has led him to conclude that Black people should avoid each other UNLESS they're coming together to do something constructive.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
In my opinion we are not critical enough of each other. We let too much shyt go by in our community if the perpetrators look like us.

I'd argue that we're critical enough but critical about the wrong things. If you're a Black male, other Black men will have no issue swiftly checking you for behaviors that have no real bearing on your success in life. You will rarely catch those very same men checking you for spending too much time on the PS4 when you could have used that time to study.

Actually6Foot3

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BKNY
I'd argue that we're critical enough but critical about the wrong things. If you're a Black male, other Black men will have no issue swiftly checking you for behaviors that have no real bearing on your success in life. You will rarely catch those very same men checking you for spending too much time on the PS4 when you could have used that time to study.
This seems like a contradiction.