Why Are Black New Yorkers so fascinated with the Italian Mafia?

Boolean

APIDTA
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY ENTERTAINMENT
I actually grew up around real mafia families that actually hid their family's background because it was socially looked down upon to be 1) Italian and 2) affiliated with the mafia. So to see folks glamorize the lifestyle is funny.

It's like some bourgeois black families that I know today who hide the fact that their family money comes from a grandfather or a great grandfather who was a policy king.

Folks that are still affiliated with street life are fascinated by these lifestyles. But once you move beyond street life, like some of these families, it's nothing to boast about. It actually becomes a scarlet letter.

I will say, when you look at the Italian and Irish organized crime organizations, they had a bit of swag to them. Dressed in suits, wore fedoras, and handled their business. Then when you look at black gangs, these nikkas rocking blue and red bandanas and dikkie pants. No swag whatsoever. :dead:

:scust: @ this cac dikkeating

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Relations between Italian immigrants and Black people in NY were always terrible..

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
LOL @these grown ass black men sitting there in circle listening to that crap.

The obsession and love(yes, love!) of a lot of us with criminal needs to be destroyed.

Dudes in here making excuses and saying it's no different than white kids dikkriding GDs or bloods or whatever:mjlol:. The main difference is the mafia were (is) racist af against black people. John gotti is literally on video calling black people n1ggers. They used to purposely sell drugs to mainly black people to keep us subjugated while they thrived. There were literally mobsters who used to drive around and kill random black people they came across. Alot of black men have no sense of pride and it's truly embarrassing when you break it down:francis:.

Talk to them.

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
i have no idea but i been rewatching sopranos and carmella was an OG pawg

:ehh:
That scene where she was talking to the forbidden priest on the couch and the camera zoomed in on that one bead of sweat sliding down her cleavage is still etched in my mind 18yrs later for a reason :whew:.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
While it's true that many people in general, and many black folk, are fascinated by criminality in general, it's also true that Black NYers have more of a fetish for Italian abd other white gangsters than black folk in other places...

I've been in jail in North Carolina and I've been in jail in New York. The gravitation to white criminal culture is a thing in NY. It isn't a thing in NC...

invalid

Banned
Daps
:scust: @ this cac dikkeating

I'll be all that while you dikkride these dusty m'fers....

bloods-making-music-video-dance-la-march-18-1993.jpg

nikkas step your game up.

s-l500.jpg