why are anime characters drawn white??

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Its simple, Walt Disney is the father of animation and greatly influenced every Japanese animator. Walt Disney's characters are white looking and so they copied it as well :yeshrug:
Amazing how people in this thread are arguing and still dont realize that.

Most anime characters are drawn white with a few drawn asian yet they make excuses even though history says otherwise.

Its in the history written down and not even hidden yet people like to pretend otherwise to ride Japans dikk.

全能の神

《《》》
Daps
Anyone who says this nikka looks white has never spent a day outside their crib :coffee:

268d92859695a6ea1115982bb30fd397dbd0784a_hq.jpg

Londilon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thread is dumb because white people do not have big eyes and most don't even have light colored hair.

All races can dye their hair different colors and all races can have big eyes or colored eyes. Most white people have eyes that are further in their eye sockets and are beady with noses that stick far out but are slinder in width but their nose is still big as shyt. Most whites do not even look close to an anime character and guess what all races do not look like anime characters.

ITS AN ART STYLE not a realistic view of a certain race or people. Anime isn't realism, anime is a cartoon art style from asia. End of story.

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
ITS AN ART STYLE not a realistic view of a certain race or people. Anime isn't realism, anime is a cartoon art style from asia. End of story.

Ehh. Blackface and sambos are also an art style that don't reflect reality...but we understand that they are racist. So that can't be the "end of the story".

I don't watch anime to really know or care but this is an interesting discussion to me. Mainly becuz so many of ya'll seem to be invested in it...

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Ehh. Blackface and sambos are also an art style that don't reflect reality...but we understand that they are racist. So that can't be the "end of the story".

I don't watch anime to really know or care but this is an interesting discussion to me. Mainly becuz so many of ya'll seem to be invested in it...
Yep they are defending japans so called art having black people look like this:

giphy.gif

but they want to pretend otherwise because they are on japans dikk. :mjpls:

Last edited:

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
you were very selective with your examples to make it seem evenly diversified, very good.

a brazilian or minority being represented as such is an anomoly in manga/anime culture

and damn near all the characters you say are of asian heritage look like caucasians.

Ichigo looks like an american ginger

why would a samurai in an asian setting have red hair ? (rurouni kenshin)
There are plenty of redhead japanese people

Londilon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

blackface isn't an artstyle and sambos isn't an art style you dumb fukk. :mjlol:

Londilon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
black face - racist make up

Do you call women putting on makeup as putting on an artstyle dumb ass?

Sambo - a racist character type or label given to black people by racist whites

Do you call a character an artstyle or a label you give to people an art style?

If you haven't studied art history or trained in art you might need to google your shyt before saying it.

But I have a feeling you are a white person posting on a black forum pretending to know about black people or even pretending to be black. Only white people throw shyt out their ass and try to market it as the final say or truth. They really dont know shyt but have a ego so far up their ass that they would rather lie than admit they dont know something or that they are wrong.

@Boesky

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
black face - racist make up

Do you call women putting on makeup as putting on an artstyle dumb ass?

Sambo - a racist character type or label given to black people by racist whites

Do you call a character an artstyle or a label you give to people an art style?

If you haven't studied art history or trained in art you might need to google your shyt before saying it.

But I have a feeling you are a white person posting on a black forum pretending to know about black people or even pretending to be black. Only white people throw shyt out their ass and try to market it as the final say or truth. They really dont know shyt but have a ego so far up their ass that they would rather lie than admit they dont know something or that they are wrong.

@Boesky

OK. I see you are a weirdo so I'm not going back and forth with you. But the sambo caricature is definitely a style that has been copied in all types of media from advertising to cartoons including the anime that you love. The pictures below come from 3 different cultures but the one thing they have in common is the art style
sambo-cover.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

3208247-memin-pinguin-no.001-ivamos-a-la-escuela3.jpg

Londilon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
OK. I see you are a weirdo so I'm not going back and forth with you. But the sambo caricature is definitely a style that has been copied in all types of media from advertising to cartoons including the anime that you love. The pictures below come from 3 different cultures but the one thing they have in common is the art style
sambo-cover.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

3208247-memin-pinguin-no.001-ivamos-a-la-escuela3.jpg
sambo is a racist sterotype and label not an artstyle. Showing art featuring a sambo/c00n is not an example of explaining it away as an artstyle smart-dumb. Do you have an education in art? I would assume no because you are showing your ignorance. fail

Mantle Drunk

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY

I just watched this video today randomly I havent looked through this thread to see if this was posted but yeah this is seriously embarrasing. Asians have some serious problems