why are anime characters drawn white??

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
so every asian is a wimp and every white person is a power lifter? :dahell: it's a cartoon. they could make the characters 6 ft 5 body builders if they wanted. and they do that. they just make them look and sound white for some reason. i wanna know why.
:what:

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've always thought there was a subliminal message behind Dragon Ball Z. Just think about it for a second. Black haired and brown eye'd Saiyans become "super" when they turn into characters with blonde hair and blue eyes. And this is all the doing of Asians.
And I've always found it quite ironic that they'll depict blacks with humorously big red lips and black skin but can't even draw characters that look distinctively "Asian".

where was the self hate during this
VegetaAndGokuSS401.png

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
where was the self hate during this
VegetaAndGokuSS401.png

you missed the entire point of DB being brought up in this thread, it wasn't about self hate, it's about the white supremacy power structure vs. non-white parallels.

:snoop:

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you missed the entire point of DB being brought up in this thread, it wasn't about self hate, it's about the white supremacy power structure vs. non-white parallels.

:snoop:

my comment was toward
Black haired and brown eye'd Saiyans become "super" when they turn into characters with blonde hair and blue eyes.

isnt all SS suppose to be blue eye'd/blond hair of they continued the white supremacy power structure?

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
my comment was toward

isnt all SS suppose to be blue eye'd/blond hair of they continued the white supremacy power structure?

Let me simplify this for you.

Frieza and his ilk= cacs
Saiyans = oppressed groups

Batman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I thought he oversaw it though :leostare:

"So how ya'll doing for this next episode?"

"We decided to make the Super Saiyan 4 form into some hairy monkey tail nikka instead of the blonde haired blue eyed thing you had going on in DBZ."

"Aight, cool." *Walks out of the studio*.

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
"So how ya'll doing for this next episode?"

"We decided to make the Super Saiyan 4 form into some hairy monkey tail nikka instead of the blonde haired blue eyed thing you had going on in DBZ."

"Aight, cool." *Walks out of the studio*.
He designed the characters for GT and SSJ4 :skip:

TrifeGod

Chasing The Dragon
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
It's hilarious how Anime Art is really limited in regards to the person's attributes. Almost all anime drawings look the same. They just tend do put all their creativity in the animations and any type of accessory.

Anime to me has fallen into the same category as music. You find a common ground and/or blueprint to success, and you build off that. If it works why change it? Recently they realized their ignorance and started to draw ethnic people "normally." The reasoning for their racist ethnic drawings is way deeper than just calling them racist.

You could say it's self-hatred. But if you draw anime. The whole point is to exploit attributes way out of proportion. It is not meant to be realistic. Sometimes..just so happens they look white.

Common Anime eyes.
manga-eyes1m.jpg

Looks nice right? Ok let's just pretend if they drew thier own realistic asian eyes.

23.jpg

Ok so, you want me to draw the above eyes into anime. It's no way I can make those look asian while keeping them "anime."

The closest you would come to...
krillin.jpg