why are anime characters drawn white??

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
the girl in the video says she hated her monolids since she was a little girl.

sounds like self-hate to me.

watch a few minutes to get an idea of how much she loathed her natural eyes.

and you're right, you are playing devils advocate, advocating for the devil.

4M5SUNZ.png
:lolbron:

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
sub-culture brehzeru

"I was always envious and jealous of other girls who had double eyelids"

"why couldn't I be one of the lucky ones born with double eyelids"

*forced valley-girl accent* *overusage of the word actually* *cac mannerisms*

4M5SUNZ.png

If she's asian, and she's envious of Asian girls born with double eyelids
How in the world does that indicate she is envious of white people ?
DO you not see the flaw in your thinking here ? :snoop:
I've stated since the beginning that I believe they're aspiring to Asian Ideals.
And different sub-cultures go after different fashions and looks.
This girl for example isn't trying to be "white", she's imitating the style and looks
she sees in American Hip Hop music.

This girl here isn't trying to be "White" she's mimicking british punk culture's style of
dress :
Japanese%20amemura%20Punk.jpg

The same thing happened in the 80's with the rise of Japanese Hip Hop clubs,
they copied what they saw in "Wild Style" (breaking, Dj'ing, rapping etc.) and Hip Hop
went on to become an American Sub Culture that was imported into Japan.
I hate repeating myself and to be honest it's starting to look like you didn't even read my posts :ld:

Look at how asian eyes are to their outer rims and such in these same pics you post and you can see the difference of Japanese eyes compared to anime and western eyes.

When depicted in anime a lot of japanese characters don't have that eye outline and shape and the more cuter they get the less and less that feature remains.

And you you can't argue that it looks western to me because I'm western when my races and its history and culture prevented me from identifying with Europeans.

:ld:
I like how you continue to conveniently over look that "wide eyes"
or "Double eyelids" are naturally occurring in the Japanese, it happens
and it won't stop just because you say it doesn't exist.
Science and Genetics are against you here.

You guys keep trying to draw these parallels between American and Japanese culture where
they do not exist. I do agree though that western media has had an effect on how Japanese people perceive Blacks ( or really any people of color that are next to nonexistent in Japan.)

Last edited:

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
I wonder what's the origin of this particular japanese sub culture

IMG_6171small.jpg

4M5SUNZ.png

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
So are Asians still self hating when they emulate our culture? That sub culture known as "black lifestyle" :ohhh:

Their best subculture is Harujuku though
More_Harajuku_girls.jpg

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
So are Asians still self hating when they emulate our culture? That sub culture known as "black lifestyle" :ohhh:

Their best subculture is Harujuku though
More_Harajuku_girls.jpg

white supremacy destroys it's victims to the point that they want to be everything except what they actually are.

but maybe I'm thinking about this all wrong, maybe Black women wearing blonde weave and blue eyes is just Black sub-culture.

4M5SUNZ.png

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
white supremacy destroys it's victims to the point that they want to be everything except what they actually are.

but maybe I'm thinking about this all wrong, maybe Black women wearing blonde weave and blue eyes is just Black sub-culture.

4M5SUNZ.png
What do black women have to do with this bro stay on topic :camby:

I'm was asking a legit question, who have Asian emulating black culture; tanning their skin, perming their hair, getting it cut/wearing it in black styles, rapping, would you still consider that self hate. And I'm not trolling anymore this is a legit question.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

4M5SUNZ.png

Insensitive said:
Why ? Because Western Media and influence is definitely there but they
largely produce their own media, it's not like America where Blacks are a minority
and are under represented in the media.
I think you're drawing these very specific comparisons from being a minority in a largely
white country (if you're a minority...of some sort...)

I'm was asking a legit question, who have Asian emulating black culture; tanning their skin, perming their hair, getting it cut/wearing it in black styles, rapping, would you still consider that self hate. And I'm not trolling anymore this is a legit question.
They're trying to draw parallels between American and Japanese culture which
involves ignoring differences that arise from being in two different
countries on different sides of the planet. This also involves ignoring Japans
history which outstrips America's by a couple hundred years.

Not sure why he mentioned black women either, I half expect a Tommy Sotomayor
video or Hidden Colors clip next.

Last edited:

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
I like how you continue to conveniently over look that "wide eyes"
or "Double eyelids" are naturally occurring in the Japanese, it happens
and it won't stop just because you say it doesn't exist.
Science and Genetics are against you here.

You guys keep trying to draw these parallels between American and Japanese culture where
they do not exist. I do agree though that western media has had an effect on how Japanese people perceive Blacks ( or really any people of color that are next to nonexistent in Japan.)
Every pic posted of japanese women whether wide or not they all had that distinct japanese eye outline and shape.

None of the pics you posted of japanese chicks show them without that japanese distinct outline.

That's what my issue with anime is. They got rid of that japanese eye outline and shape for a lot of characters which makes it look western. Even worse with their cuter character who's outline is even more western like.

Japanese had their own media which was posted earlier in this thread which faithfully depicted their special eye outline way before western animation affected them and yet anime comes about the outline is only on a few and many japanese characters appear more western like.

The western affect on them is clear as day.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps

no, it's not self hate. it's just japanese kids emulating Black culture.

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
Now I'm not saying that Asians don't have self-hate issues, every culture does but not every sub culture of theirs stem from self-hate.

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
no, it's not self hate. it's just japanese kids emulating Black culture.
Now when do you differentiate between self-hate and emulation though? I don't see the Lolita girls you posted nor the Harujuku girls as self-haters. The double eyelid surgery, yes.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Now when do you differentiate between self-hate and emulation though? I don't see the Lolita girls you posted nor the Harujuku girls as self-haters. The double eyelid surgery, yes.

I didn't imply that the lolita girl emulation was self-hate, I simply wondered what the origin was.