Why are American Whites more comfortable with Africans then African Americans?

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
An African friend of mine asked me this question because its something she noticed?

She's not the first tho, an Ethopian acquaintence of mine pointed the same thing out to me awhile back.......

So, if you believe this to be true (which it is)why do you think this its the case?

QuintessentialBM

GoldenAgeGamer82 - PSN ID
Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
it's kind of funny u ask that question

because it's the opposite in europe in my experience.. u go to paris or london as a black american u get treated better than the africans..

i guess it's the unknown

The difference is most black Americans that go overseas are educated... and we're not there long. They would hate us too if we moved to Europe in droves.

Enzo

The Great
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Africans don't have the same chip on their shoulder, generally speaking.

They come to America to handle business and for the most part YT's respect that (even if they don't respect Africans as a whole due to their skin color).
The general hatred that stems from colonialism is still there, but it seems most whites are introduced to Africans through school, work, nonprofits or other kinds of productive environments and that gives them a different generalization of africans vs the african americans that they may encounter or hear about through media.

Of course, I know that these are all sweeping generalizations, but that is what the question is asking for.

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
africans are more respectful,educated and well mannered

Exactly, I love my black people to death but Black Americans (in general) are a horrible representation of black excellence. Africans dominate academically, we're some of the best students at American universities AND we speak proper English :manny:

The black schools here tends to shame smart kids, the African community celebrates Education. Black Americans (in general) just have fukked up priorities. Obviously we can't ignore the impact of slavery and segregation that led to how downtrodden Black communities are, but we still gotta do better