Why are American eggs white?

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
I gave my one year old white eggs this morning and he broke out around the mouth

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
DSC_0008-4.jpg

those are just a few eggs and the names are different breeds

understand the egg industry is like any other... mass produce for the cheapest way possible, for the taste that will sell the highest amount

the birds that lay those funny colored eggs, are more expensive and rare than the others... they also tend to need different environments to live, might lay less eggs, and the eggs will have a TOTALLY different taste than the eggs that you are used to

same with why they are kept so tightly packed in.. it's more profit to have 500 chickens cramped and feed bullshyt, but lay 5 million eggs a year... than it is to have 100 chicken, freely roaming, eating the best of life, and only lay 1 million eggs.. then have those eggs be "weird" colors that most people don't even want.. i mean shyt, i know people that'll look at you funny when you pull brown eggs out of the fridge... now what they gonna say when you pull a green spotted one out??

coming from someone who raised 5 chickens and let them free roam.. just for the eggs.. free roam chicken eggs are a much fresher taste.. same with the actual chicken if you eat it vs. the ones you get from perdue who keeps 5k chickens in one house

chicken-house3.jpg

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ok, so you've told me about these others.
Now to my original question:
Why have I never seen them in the supermarket?

Marketing nikka.....and just cause they aint in the supermarket don't mean shyt.......Hell, they just started selling brown eggs again in the late 90s........

Bsmitty156

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
DO OR DIE
DSC_0008-4.jpg

those are just a few eggs and the names are different breeds

understand the egg industry is like any other... mass produce for the cheapest way possible, for the taste that will sell the highest amount

the birds that lay those funny colored eggs, are more expensive and rare than the others... they also tend to need different environments to live, might lay less eggs, and the eggs will have a TOTALLY different taste than the eggs that you are used to

same with why they are kept so tightly packed in.. it's more profit to have 500 chickens cramped and feed bullshyt, but lay 5 million eggs a year... than it is to have 100 chicken, freely roaming, eating the best of life, and only lay 1 million eggs.. then have those eggs be "weird" colors that most people don't even want.. i mean shyt, i know people that'll look at you funny when you pull brown eggs out of the fridge... now what they gonna say when you pull a green spotted one out??

coming from someone who raised 5 chickens and let them free roam.. just for the eggs.. free roam chicken eggs are a much fresher taste.. same with the actual chicken if you eat it vs. the ones you get from perdue who keeps 5k chickens in one house

chicken-house3.jpg

:ohhh: can we turn this into a chicken coop thread? I've been thinkin about getting a few. I saw a lady on franklin ave in BK with 4-5 in her front yard. Would you say its more effort than its worth for just like 2-3 and do they peck out all your veggies and plants?

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
these are eggs(from my dads chickens) from my own fridge

As you can see they are varying colors, different (breeds of) chickens lay different colors. The blue-gray-ish ones here are NOT from a chicken that lays blue-ish eggs. But I'm just posting them to show you that there is a wide range of colors.

13358982723_7aa71897e8_z.jpg

Aracana chickens lay light blue eggs, the chocolate ones on the left are likely from Welsummers.
4546112725_28d07910d1.jpg

and just fyi, these are more healthy for you than store bought eggs from chickens that are usually pumped full of drugs

The taste of raised chicken :wow: :ohlawd:

Having to pluck the fukkers after you murk 'em, tho :camby:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
:ohhh: can we turn this into a chicken coop thread? I've been thinkin about getting a few. I saw a lady on franklin ave in BK with 4-5 in her front yard. Would you say its more effort than its worth for just like 2-3 and do they peck out all your veggies and plants?

i am friends with a married couple who have 5 or 6 chickens.
they say it takes very little effort, just feed them and take the eggs.