Why are American eggs white?

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
Same reason as to why they have white bread and white sugar n shyt.
no it aint breh. eggs aint artifially lightened like flour, sugar and rice. they naturaly come in different shades, depending on the specifical type of chick that makes them

concise

Veteran
Daps
as a person who has chickens(well my father does), let me chime in as I have an unlimited supply of eggs.

American eggs are not white :comeon:

Chickens lay a variety of colors of eggs. They have been bred selectively by humans. Some lay white eggs, some light brown, chocolate brown, some light blue-ish and some greenish

Why have I never seen green or blue eggs in the supermarket? :comeon:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Why have I never seen green or blue eggs in the supermarket? :comeon:

these are eggs(from my dads chickens) from my own fridge

As you can see they are varying colors, different (breeds of) chickens lay different colors. The blue-gray-ish ones here are NOT from a chicken that lays blue-ish eggs. But I'm just posting them to show you that there is a wide range of colors.

13358982723_7aa71897e8_z.jpg

Aracana chickens lay light blue eggs, the chocolate ones on the left are likely from Welsummers.
4546112725_28d07910d1.jpg

and just fyi, these are more healthy for you than store bought eggs from chickens that are usually pumped full of drugs

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I have to say, eggs have no taste in America.

When I was in DR, I always notice how much better the eggs taste down there. Maybe it's what they feed the chickens.

I also notice that in DR, they don't refrigerate eggs. I've read something about eggs only having to be refrigerated once they are washed with chemicals, like they do here in the US.

:patrice:

concise

Veteran
Daps
these are eggs(from my dads chickens) from my own fridge

As you can see they are varying colors, different (breeds of) chickens lay different colors. The blue-gray-ish ones here are NOT from a chicken that lays blue-ish eggs. But I'm just posting them to show you that there is a wide range of colors.

13358982723_7aa71897e8_z.jpg

Aracana chickens lay light blue eggs, the chocolate ones on the left are likely from Welsummers.
4546112725_28d07910d1.jpg

and just fyi, these are more healthy for you than store bought eggs from chickens that are usually pumped full of drugs

Go to a farm or farmers market.

Ok, so you've told me about these others.
Now to my original question:
Why have I never seen them in the supermarket?

Daps
I have to say, eggs have no taste in America.

When I was in DR, I always notice how much better the eggs taste down there. Maybe it's what they feed the chickens.

I also notice that in DR, they don't refrigerate eggs. I've read something about eggs only having to be refrigerated once they are washed with chemicals, like they do here in the US.

:patrice:

Same in Nigeria