WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!! WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!!: Your GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2024 Reality TV offseason Thread

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Laker fans and Lebron stans swear up and down that DLo is a fraud in the playoffs and can't guard his shadow but want to turn him into a 2 way athlete at the most premiere positions?

:what:

If you think he's so trash, why would teams do that?
Bout to get the "Fire Pelinka" energy going again because he can't flip DLo for Mikal Bridges. :mjlol:

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
Laker fans and Lebron stans swear up and down that DLo is a fraud in the playoffs and can't guard his shadow but want to turn him into a 2 way athlete at the most premiere positions?

:what:

If you think he's so trash, why would teams do that?
The 2029 draft pick is what teams want. No team out there wants d'lo.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
While I do think the right move is to move D’Lo and/or shore up around the edges (because I think we got a good team that’s just underperforming), if we end up keeping D’Lo I’m still rooting for breh.

I only hope he has overcome whatever playoff demons he has come April. If he plays even remotely how he’s been playing the past couple of weeks, I am not afraid of Denver at all.

:unimpressed:

I wonder how much these trade rumors affected breh’s confidence tho…

seraphx

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
While I do think the right move is to move D’Lo and/or shore up around the edges (because I think we got a good team that’s just underperforming), if we end up keeping D’Lo I’m still rooting for breh.

I only hope he has overcome whatever playoff demons he has come April. If he plays even remotely how he’s been playing the past couple of weeks, I am not afraid of Denver at all.

The biggest issue if we keep him is gonna be if Vando is out this year. We are completely fukked if our only good POA is gone. DLO has legit been great the past 2 months.

Fuzzy_Dunlap

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hold up, if I recall correctly the week of the shutdown was the first time the Lakers got signature wins against contending teams. Before that shyt was better than years past but definitely not a forgone conclusion.

Truth is, we’ll never know what would’ve happened because the team didn’t go through a normal playoff run. Does AD hold up if we kept a regular schedule? Would some of the role players ghosted under real playoff pressure on the road?
I think the ring Giannis won should get more scrutiny than the bubble championship. The season started in December, Two months after the bubble, key players were catching COVID so they had to miss 5 games which altered the whole 72 game season that had to keep the timeline to be finished by June.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
The biggest issue if we keep him is gonna be if Vando is out this year. We are completely fukked if our only good POA is gone. DLO has legit been great the past 2 months.

Yeah, after Dennis Schroeder left, Vando became my second favorite Laker, so I’m hurting right now lol

Fortunately, we should have Cam back by that time, so we won’t be completely useless on that end, but it definitely hurts.

seraphx

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, after Dennis Schroeder left, Vando became my second favorite Laker, so I’m hurting right now lol

Fortunately, we should have Cam back by that time, so we won’t be completely useless on that end, but it definitely hurts.
Yeah they called Vando the heart of the team a few games ago and I believe it. That energy is infectious.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I think the ring Giannis won should get more scrutiny than the bubble championship. The season started in December, Two months after the bubble, key players were catching COVID so they had to miss 5 games which altered the whole 72 game season that had to keep the timeline to be finished by June.

I agree, both titles were questionable. Both teams needed to repeat to legitimize their runs and neither did.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
We were definitely among the favorites, but we can’t act like they didn’t need to prove it the following year.
I think starting the season in December doomed it though.

Its hard to say prove it when they picked right up and we saw massive injuries across the league. Well that and Solomon Hill happening.

Although if Im being honest. I think if health is equal for everybody we get to the finals, but a healthy Nets would have been a bad matchup.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

Yeah they called Vando the heart of the team a few games ago and I believe it. That energy is infectious.
The reason people want Murray or whoever is that there is a higher chance we dont get a complete no show like DLO against the Nuggets. DLO had his issues in every round, but brehs here are ok if he's just Warriors series or Grizz series level.
Lakers get beat oh well. Just want dont want any no shows from people we're counting on.

Those teams were "tougher" than the Nuggets yet it was them who made him useless. Which means it was the moment that got the best of DLO not the matchup.

Maybe that was his JR Smith moment/series and he'll bounce back this year.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
I agree, both titles were questionable. Both teams needed to repeat to legitimize their runs and neither did.
With the Lakers tho, it made sense why they didn't.

Played the most basketball, then had the quickest turnaround of anyone besides the Heat and ended up getting injured because of that.

Lakers were one of the best teams in the NBA at that time, and even with a hobbled AD/Bron took a 2-1 lead against the Suns before it all fell apart and AD couldn't go anymore

The Bucks, if anything, gained a little bit from 2020 cause Giannis was hurt that same weekend the NBA shut down then got lots of time to heal