WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!! WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!!: Your GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2024 Reality TV offseason Thread

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Still too much, if true. If the second year is a team option, it's not the worst but you can't spend that much for a guy who gets run off the court in the playoffs.
His value is in the regular season and Lakers need that, especially considering how injury prone the 2 main guys are. You can't get a better deal than essentially a 1 year deal. Contract would be easily movable as well.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
His value is in the regular season and Lakers need that, especially considering how injury prone the 2 main guys are. You can't get a better deal than essentially a 1 year deal. Contract would be easily movable as well.
We would be bidding against ourselves. No other team is offering him anything close to that. D'Lo is injury prone too tho....

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
We would be bidding against ourselves. No other team is offering him anything close to that. D'Lo is injury prone too tho....
This type of deal happens throughout the league every year. You overpay a guy for a year or so in return for a short contract. Lakers did the same with KCP every year before LeBron came. There are relationships you need to have with agents, etc. This type of deal is a win win for both sides and pretty standard.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I agree on his regular season value but there's nothing wrong with negotiating and using your leverage. Nobody else in the league is clamoring for DLo. It's not exactly the same but it is similar to Schroder's first run here and I do believe they should have talked DLo down even more.

Of course, Harrison Barnes just got 3/$54 million from the Kings, so who knows?

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Oh lordy... Dillon Brooks playing with the Lakers in ANYTHING other than a vet min is an L

Dude lost his shot, and his defense is above average. He does nothing great on the basketball court

He's a good wing defender he would be a good get.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I think Vando will take a big leap next season as a player.

Dude will be the next Jerami Grant.

Do you still sign a wing even though you have Rui and Vando?

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Oh lordy... Dillon Brooks playing with the Lakers in ANYTHING other than a vet min is an L

Dude lost his shot, and his defense is above average. He does nothing great on the basketball court
He was just second team All-Defense. :heh:

Dude is a monster on the defensive side of the ball. He was also on a team devoid of any leadership that allowed him to do whatever he wanted. That wouldn't be the case in LA.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
I agree on his regular season value but there's nothing wrong with negotiating and using your leverage. Nobody else in the league is clamoring for DLo. It's not exactly the same but it is similar to Schroder's first run here and I do believe they should have talked DLo down even more.

Of course, Harrison Barnes just got 3/$54 million from the Kings, so who knows?
Schroder was offered a 4 year contract for 84 million. This offer for D'LO is not even close. It also does not impact anything Lakers want to do short term or long term. Unless you are Jeanie Buss and want to keep 20 million personally, I am not sure why any fan would have any issue with this deal. D'LO taking a one year contract is a win for the Lakers, in exchange they repay him by overpaying for him. He can take 15 mil, 12 mil but what is that going to change outside of Jeanie and her pockets...and why would fans care about that? It is not hurting our ability to sign our other guys or other FA targets.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps

Dude is a monster on the defensive side of the ball. He was also on a team devoid of any leadership that allowed him to do whatever he wanted. That wouldn't be the case in LA.
And he consistently got exposed when it mattered.. couldn't do chit against old one legged Bron, and Austin Reaves, in addition to basically shooting his team out of the playoffs

WIDE OPEN SHOTS. WIDE OPEN

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this entire team wants to come back

even beas showing hos work out with lakers gear

him and Mo still working out with the lakers right now

add whiteside and cam and you have what you need

if bruce or lopez dont take the offer

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
And he consistently got exposed when it mattered.. couldn't do chit against old one legged Bron, and Austin Reaves, in addition to basically shooting his team out of the playoffs

WIDE OPEN SHOTS. WIDE OPEN

:mjlol: Austin Reaves was not cooking Brooks

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple

There's no way the Lakers are signing Brooks

This is players trying to create a markets for themselves

He wants more then the FML and thats all the Lakers have

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Schroder was offered a 4 year contract for 84 million. This offer for D'LO is not even close. It also does not impact anything Lakers want to do short term or long term. Unless you are Jeanie Buss and want to keep 20 million personally, I am not sure why any fan would have any issue with this deal. D'LO taking a one year contract is a win for the Lakers, in exchange they repay him by overpaying for him. He can take 15 mil, 12 mil but what is that going to change outside of Jeanie and her pockets...and why would fans care about that? It is not hurting our ability to sign our other guys or other FA targets.
What I meant by the comparison is they offered an overvalued contract, Schroder thought he could get more, then had to settle for $5-6 million.

I don't care about Jeanie's pockets but I do care about the second apron and setting a precedent for future DLo negotiations. Also, he becomes very difficult to trade if his salary is too high, even for a year. The new CBA is no joke.