WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!! WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!!: Your GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2024 Reality TV offseason Thread

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You're so utterly full of shyt. "Watching the games" doesn't seem to be doing much for your perception of reality.

Last year Lakers won games by 5, 3, 5 (OT), 3, 6, 1, 6, 3, 3, 3, 1, 1 (2OT), 5, 4, 3 (OT), 1, 5, 4 (2OT), 5, 3, 4

On the other hand, they only had 1 OT loss the whole season, and only five other losses within 5-6 points.

In other words, they were 21-6 in games decided by 6 points or less and 4-1 in overtime games.

You always just talk shyt saying they're going to lose. If they do lose you gloat forever and post 15 more comments about it, if they win you ghost and erase it from your memory. That makes it impossible for you to objectively know what was going on, because you only remember the times you were right.

If you want to compare games that were close late even if they didn't finish close......

In games that entered clutch situations last year (within 5 points in the final 5 minutes), Lakers finished 24-9, the best record in the entire NBA. They weren't the best performing clutch team, only decent (8th in Offensive rating, 9th in Net rating), but they tended to pull out the wins anyway more often than not.

Teams Clutch Advanced | Stats | NBA.com

Basically, Lakers were above-average but not elite in the clutch last year, yet still won nearly 75% of their clutch games.

Playoffs was different cause they lost two games that were close late, but that wasn't because they were struggling to score, it was because they absolutely could not stop Murray or Jokic defensively.

Why are you posting reg season stats when I’m talking about the playoffs?

“It’s not because they couldn’t score…”

Game 2 2023 against Denver, we lost because LeBron couldn’t score at the end
Game 4 2023 I saw LeBron sabotage us at the end by missing multiple shots, passing it to Dennis with 2 seconds left and getting swept by getting blocked by Aaron Gordon at the end
Game 2 2024 we lost because LeBron bricked a wide open 3 and Jamal game’d us

Game 5 is the only game where what you said applies

This year in the reg season DLo and Austin Reaves carried us anyways when Bron was ducking all the top teams

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps

Game 4 2023 I saw LeBron sabotage us at the end by missing multiple shots, passing it to Dennis with 2 seconds left and getting swept by getting blocked by Aaron Gordon at the end

This year in the reg season DLo and Austin Reaves carried us anyways when Bron was ducking all the top teams
This is such a stupid simplistic take of a single possession or 2.

Lebron had one of the highest 4th qt PPG in the entire NBA with some of the best efficiency in the regular season . You literally have no idea what you’re talking about.

Also had the highest 4th qt PPG in the 1st round of the playoffs.

I will agree that some of the issue in the playoffs is as a combination of not being able to stop Denver at all and they simply couldn’t convert on the offensive end (mostly a Rui issue and they went away from AD)

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is such a stupid simplistic take of a single possession or 2.

Lebron had one of the highest 4th qt PPG in the entire NBA with some of the best efficiency in the regular season . You literally have no idea what you’re talking about.

Also had the highest 4th qt PPG in the 1st round of the playoffs.

I will agree that some of the issue in the playoffs is as a combination of not being able to stop Denver at all and they simply couldn’t convert on the offensive end (mostly a Rui issue and they went away from AD)

Did I make those possessions up or something? Was Lebron good with 3 mins left against the nuggets? Yes or no?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

No you weren't, liar. :mjlol:

You said, "I’ve said it before but when the game is close with 3 mins left, I already know we lost", not

"when I cherry-pick 3 games against 1 team that were all 6-7 point margins with 3 minutes left, we happened to lose." :russ:

Game 2 2023 was a 7-point deficit with 3 minutes left, Lakers scored 9 points in 8 possessions after that.
Game 4 2023 was a 6-point deficit with 3 minutes left, Lakers scored 7 points in 5 possessions after that.

Down by 6-7 points late, you're not going to win by feeding to Derozan 5 times so he can go at best 3-5 on midrange jumpers. Lakers only shot at winning those games was going to be to shut down Denver defensively or hit 3s.

Game 2 2024 they lost because Nuggets scored 14 points on their last 6 possessions. Bron was 2-3 in the final 2 minutes (and 3-4 in the final 4 minutes) but you focus on the ONE shot he missed rather than the three he made, as if he has to shoot 100% to satisfy you while D-Lo and Reaves are shooting 40%.

Now, if you were talking about playoffs, then why didn't you mention Game 4 against Memphis? That game was within 2 points the entire last 3 minutes of regulation, but Bron hit the game-tying bucket at the buzzer to send it into overtime, then scored twice in overtime including the game-sealing bucket up 3 with 29 seconds left.

Why didn't you mention Game 4 against the Warriors? Klay hit a 3 to put the Warriors up 3 with 3 minutes left, Lakers proceeded to go on a 6-0 run (Bron had 4 points and the assist on the other bucket) to take control of the game.

But I guess you "knew" they were going to lose those games, right?

Bron was 36-68 in the clutch during regular season (53%). Reaves was 18-41 (44%) and Russell was 11-29 (38%). Reaves and Bron made 7 threes each, Russell made 6.

In the playoffs, Bron was 4-5 for 10 points, Reaves was 4-7 for 9 points, Russell was 2-2 for 4 points, Rui was 0-2 for 0, AD was 0-0 for 0.

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Didn’t he score a bunch in that 4th qt? Why am I even asking, you don’t watch the games

In the 4 Nuggets games @CantStop referred to, Bron was bad in one 4th quarter (Game 4 2023, where Ham stupidly played him 48 minutes no rest on a bad foot and he was clearly wiped in the 4th).

The other three 4th quarters, he shot 11-21 for 27 points, averaging 9 points per 4th quarter which would lead the league every season.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
In the 4 Nuggets games @CantStop referred to, Bron was bad in one 4th quarter (Game 4 2023, where Ham stupidly played him 48 minutes no rest on a bad foot and he was clearly wiped in the 4th).

The other three 4th quarters, he shot 11-21 for 27 points, averaging 9 points per 4th quarter which would lead the league every season.

How was he in the final possessions?

Keep acting like that’s not relevant. Where was he when we needed him the most?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
How was he in the final possessions?

Keep acting like that’s not relevant. Where was he when we needed him the most?

It's not like he didn't hit a game-winner in the playoffs last year. :martin:

But generally yes, Bron has been subpar at the end of games since he got old. That's the natural result when you make a player in his twilight years play 40-45 minutes that late in the season. He averaged 43 minutes in the 2023 series including 48 in the final game, he averaged 41 minutes in the 2024 series including 44 in the final game. That's too much for a player who turns 40 this year. And that's why I said YES, the Lakers could use a go-to scorer they trust late.

You're still ignoring that your claim they always lose late was an outright lie. 24-9 in clutch games this season and clutch wins over Memphis and Golden State in the playoffs last year.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's not like he didn't hit a game-winner last year. :martin:

But generally yes, Bron has been subpar at the end of games since he got old. That's the natural result when you make a player in his twilight years play 40-45 minutes that late in the season. He averaged 43 minutes in the 2023 series including 48 in the final game, he averaged 41 minutes in the 2024 series including 44 in the final game. That's too much for a player who turns 40 this year. And that's why I said YES, the Lakers could use a go-to scorer they trust late.

You're still ignoring that your claim they always lose late was an outright lie. 24-9 in clutch games this season and clutch wins over Memphis and Golden State in the playoffs last year.

What game winner is that? Because LeBron is like 0-30 on game winners with us? All I can remember is a go ahead shot against the Celtics like 3 years ago.

Either way, Bron can do his work for the first 8 mins and Derozan can take over for the last 4. We might get a true closer this year.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
What game winner is that? Because LeBron is like 0-30 on game winners with us? All I can remember is a go ahead shot against the Celtics like 3 years ago.

Sorry, game-tying buzzer-beater. Against the Grizzlies in Game 4. He also made the shot that sealed the win in overtime.

And I know your "0-30" stat is made up. I can't find any articles on the real #, but I know he beat the Clippers on one and had the putback dunk against the Hawks.

Last edited: