WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!! WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!!: Your GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2024 Reality TV offseason Thread

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Windy:
Pelinka would have to make 2 deals. One for DLO and another with the Warriors for Klay.

Klay going to the Lakers would leave a bad taste in the mouth of the Warriors organization and they really don't want to deal with the Lakers.. That's why both sides (Klay/Warriors) are kinda hoping the Mavs gets the deal done.

Edit: Yea no way DLO going to the Warriors

Last edited:

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
Windy:
Pelinka would have to make 2 deals. One for DLO and another with the Warriors for Klay.

Klay going to the Lakers would leave a bad taste in the mouth of the Warriors organization and they really don't want to deal with the Lakers.. That's why both sides (Klay/Warriors) are kinda hoping the Mavs gets the deal done.

Teams not wanting to deal with the Lakers? :ohhh:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I feel if you put Klay with someone who’s one of the greatest passers and playmakers ever he’ll look better offensively. What I don’t like about him is his lack of defense now, his ego, and his rebounding

Exactly.

What do you think about Derozan's fit?

Historically I've always been down on Derozan, I feel like he's worth a lot less than he looks. His game always dies in the playoffs because he's so dependent on the midrange and that doesn't work as well when defenses tighten down - it's just easier for a second defender to make that midrange shooter rush his shot and he's not spreading the floor for anyone else. And he doesn't really do much of anything else.

As the years go by though he keeps getting better and better at that midrange, he's expanding his range a little bit too, he's becoming a better and better passer, his FT shooting is reaching elite.....I can see him as a nice go-to scorer when the Lakers need a bucket late cause Bron gets too tired and AD ain't that guy.

But he's not the 3pt shooter they need, he's not the perimeter defender they need, he's not the second big they need, and he's never proven that he can deliver in the playoffs. So why are the Lakers still chasing so many guys that don't fill the obvious needs?

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Exactly.

Historically I've always been down on Derozan, I feel like he's worth a lot less than he looks. His game always dies in the playoffs because he's so dependent on the midrange and that doesn't work as well when defenses tighten down - it's just easier for a second defender to make that midrange shooter rush his shot and he's not spreading the floor for anyone else. And he doesn't really do much of anything else.

As the years go by though he keeps getting better and better at that midrange, he's expanding his range a little bit too, he's becoming a better and better passer, his FT shooting is reaching elite.....I can see him as a nice go-to scorer when the Lakers need a bucket late cause Bron gets too tired and AD ain't that guy.

But he's not the 3pt shooter they need, he's not the perimeter defender they need, he's not the second big they need, and he's never proven that he can deliver in the playoffs. So why are the Lakers still chasing so many guys that don't fill the obvious needs?

I still would swap out Dlo for Derozan in a sign and trade.

I would prefer that over trading Vando and Rui for Grant.

just let Derozan run point guard.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I still would swap out Dlo for Derozan in a sign and trade.

I would prefer that over trading Vando and Rui for Grant.

just let Derozan run point guard.

Grant would be a very nice get for the Lakers cause he's an actual 3-and-D. Feels like they haven't had one of those in forever. He still can't defend a guy like Murray though or any other elite score-first perimeter player, which is a big need for the Lakers, but he can actually do his job on both ends which neither Vando nor Rui have been doing.

I feel like if you had Lebron, Reaves and Grant on the court, then you could afford to have a defense-only guy at the other guard spot.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Grant would be a very nice get for the Lakers cause he's an actual 3-and-D. Feels like they haven't had one of those in forever. He still can't defend a guy like Murray though or any other elite score-first perimeter player, which is a big need for the Lakers, but he can actually do his job on both ends which neither Vando nor Rui have been doing.

I feel like if you had Lebron, Reaves and Grant on the court, then you could afford to have a defense-only guy at the other guard spot.

Grant is not good on defense. He's a slightly better Rui with a huge contract and a lengthy injury history.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I’ve said it before but when the game is close with 3 mins left, I already know we lost.

You're so utterly full of shyt. "Watching the games" doesn't seem to be doing much for your perception of reality.

Last year Lakers won games by 5, 3, 5 (OT), 3, 6, 1, 6, 3, 3, 3, 1, 1 (2OT), 5, 4, 3 (OT), 1, 5, 4 (2OT), 5, 3, 4

On the other hand, they only had 1 OT loss the whole season, and only five other losses within 5-6 points.

In other words, they were 21-6 in games decided by 6 points or less and 4-1 in overtime games.

You always just talk shyt saying they're going to lose. If they do lose you gloat forever and post 15 more comments about it, if they win you ghost and erase it from your memory. That makes it impossible for you to objectively know what was going on, because you only remember the times you were right.

If you want to compare games that were close late even if they didn't finish close......

In games that entered clutch situations last year (within 5 points in the final 5 minutes), Lakers finished 24-9, the best record in the entire NBA. They weren't the best performing clutch team, only decent (8th in Offensive rating, 9th in Net rating), but they tended to pull out the wins anyway more often than not.

Teams Clutch Advanced | Stats | NBA.com

Basically, Lakers were above-average but not elite in the clutch last year, yet still won nearly 75% of their clutch games.

Playoffs was different cause they lost two games that were close late, but that wasn't because they were struggling to score, it was because they absolutely could not stop Murray or Jokic defensively.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Grant is not good on defense. He's a slightly better Rui with a huge contract and a lengthy injury history.

Grant is slightly better than Rui on point of attack defense and far better on off-ball defense. One of Rui's biggest weaknesses is that he gets lost off-ball all the time. Grant actually knows where he's supposed to be in the scheme and he's fairly disruptive, he's just not elite at shutting down his man if his man is any good.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Grant is slightly better than Rui on point of attack defense and far better on off-ball defense. One of Rui's biggest weaknesses is that he gets lost off-ball all the time. Grant actually knows where he's supposed to be in the scheme and he's fairly disruptive, he's just not elite at shutting down his man if his man is any good.

That's not worth trading for in my opinion.

Give me Rui's efficiency next to Bron and AD.

And give me Vandos elite defense and rebounding.