WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!! WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!!: Your GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2024 Reality TV offseason Thread

RoCKetSity256

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NorthW62d Hat Boys
I do not want Lakers to go the route of trading all of our assets for a third star for AD & Lebron. Lebron can get the fuk off the team if he wants that shyt.
I don’t either but I think the Lakers as an organization prefer a star rather than role players because winning a chip isn’t the lakers 1st priority the money is. I pretty much hate the idea of Trae because He doesn’t defend well. He’s just dlo with a higher ceiling on offense. but it’s no use in acting like we don’t know what Jeanie prefers to do. And overpaying dlo kind of neutralizes having to trade the whole team away

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
I do not want Lakers to go the route of trading all of our assets for a third star for AD & Lebron. Lebron can get the fuk off the team if he wants that shyt.
D Mitchell and AD would be a great core to build off of after Lebron leaves. It's a good trade.
But Trae young is not worth it

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York

Crazy how there are no threads or real discussion bout this.

But had he named _____

There would be 20 threads, 5 alone by CAPs

And would be like 500 extra pages in here

Personally, the reason why I haven't been soo hard on Dlo is because we're asking for him to perform higher than his ceiling.

Our team had been so dismal at times that we were asking him to play as if he's a major player/3rd star when that's just not who he is...he's a guy that can get you 18-20 points and decently shoot the 3.

Just like Reeves, he's a role player (maybe 6th man caliber) and a very good one at times and sometimes not so much. We put too much weight and expectations on guys like Dlo, Rui, Reeves, etc to preform higher than they're capable of...sometimes it works but mostly it falls apart.

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I thought the JJ thing was just a throw in initially, now I’m pretty certain they are hiring him with the idea to blame Lebron if it doesn’t work, while also not spending any real $$ on a coach

Like I said before, this is a win/win for management cause if it fails Lebron will be blamed and they didn’t even spend that much anyway.. if it works they get the credit for thinking outside the box

Barrego lost the Hornets locker room cause he has a big ego and hasn’t done anything.. how you think that’s gonna work with Bron/AD?

Who else should they blame if this is the man LeBron wants? You didn't see what LeBron did to the Heat when they didn't cater to his every need?

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Who else should they blame if this is the man LeBron wants? You didn't see what LeBron did to the Heat when they didn't cater to his every need?
Who said this is who Lebron wants? Lebron has never advocated for a coach, and apparently candidates have contacted Lebron in the past for him to advocate for them and he wants nothing to do with selecting a coach.

It’s always weird to me how Lebron is the one getting any sort of “he wanted change in Miami with Spo” when DWade and Bosh were all right there in the meeting and in lock step. Riley had just came down from the FO and guided the Heat to a championship in 06 so of course they would wonder if he was gonna do the same again.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Who said this is who Lebron wants? Lebron has never advocated for a coach, and apparently candidates have contacted Lebron in the past for him to advocate for them and he wants nothing to do with selecting a coach.

It’s always weird to me how Lebron is the one getting any sort of “he wanted change in Miami with Spo” when DWade and Bosh were all right there in the meeting and in lock step. Riley had just came down from the FO and guided the Heat to a championship in 06 so of course they would wonder if he was gonna do the same again.
I can't think of any other reason we would even be entertaining JJ as a coach unless LBJ gave his blessings. But please enlighten us on the other possible reasons he is on our short list.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
I can't think of any other reason we would even be entertaining JJ as a coach unless LBJ gave his blessings. But please enlighten us on the other possible reasons he is on our short list.
Cheap coach (probably most important aspect to the FO) who would be considered glamorous with a high ceiling, plus an easy scapegoat if things don’t go well

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
I don’t want Trae at all but if the lakers overpay Dlo they can use him as an asset to trade for a 3rd star and if the salaries are closer they wouldn’t have to ship half of the team out to make the numbers work. There are others they’re looking at but I use Trae as an example because I don’t think they want him in Atlanta and may be the most likely scenario to trade the star sense they have the number 1 pick. If all they have to give up is say Dlo and Reaves and a pick or dlo Rui and a pick does it make since to do it. Would we still be able to get a big to pair with Ad?
if the Lakers overpay D'Lo, why would anyone else want him, let alone Atlanta?

RoCKetSity256

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NorthW62d Hat Boys
if the Lakers overpay D'Lo, why would anyone else want him, let alone Atlanta?
Expiring contract. Overpay him for 1 year and he can start free agency over again and the team they trade with gets an expiring contract. Everybody wins.
Edit so in atl’s case they want to get rid of Trae. They get off of him and Dlo can be gone the next year

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Expiring contract. Overpay him for 1 year and he can start free agency over again and the team they trade with gets an expiring contract. Everybody wins

the reason why he'd opt out now is to get a long term deal. If he didn't think there was a market for him, he'd opt in, but he probably wants to pick his location.