Who's better? Outkast or bone thugs n harmony

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
i liked Bone. i even was kinda ape over them briefly. IMO, E. 1999 was half weak. The good songs are fantastic but some of that album missed me. the song on the show soundtrack is fukking brilliant. the double cd missed me completely at the time too. i listened recently and it sounded better but it's a day late and a dollar short as i'm not gonna miraculously start knocking it.

so yeah, i don't really 'get" the Bone craze/hype/bolstering/goat talk.

they were cool. but so was Das Efx. so was Keith Murray. so was Akinyele. So was Nine. So were the Rumpletilskinz. So were Cypress Hill.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
:dwillhuh: Really? How?

Big K.R.I.T.
B.o.B.
The Knux
Killer Mike
Hell, you could even credit them for acts like Janelle Monae if you want to get a little obtuse.

All acts influenced by OutKast in some way. And that's just off of the top of my head. There are many more. I like Bone, but they were absolutely NOT more influential than OutKast. Hip-Hop in the Atlanta region would not be what it was (hell, hip-hop in the South, period, like I said) without OutKast.

:what:none of these art*tsts are even relevant in the south.

have you listened to the radio lately? bone's stinch is on alot of these hip-hop/r&b artists.

seeing that outkast is a white folks/nerd nicca group, i already know not to waste time with this outkast chit on the internet unless its my thread and im doing numbers. you people live in idlewild.

TheHomie

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Comparing two groups extremely different in style and influence and flow and production and overall sound and trying to say one is straight up "better" than the other is wack.

I am a huge fan of both and can rap many of these nikkas songs by word.......both in my top 10.....most people going to say kast but they both too different and too legendary for me to pick one..........

And its hard to explain to a non bone fan why they so dope to me..........its just that vibe that shyt gives you mayne, its like nothing else and with the melodies perfectly synchronizing with the beat then busting out with a smooth quick verse.......but the verse isnt on some twista shyt where he just trying to rap fast as fukk.......its like it comes naturally to them nikkas and it just rolls off the tongue with ease and clarity

bone thugs are simply masters of flow........and bizzy is on another level lyrically

Not saying they "better" though don't trip :myman:

Non Sequitur

Creep.
Daps
Reppin
The 3rd Degree
i liked Bone. i even was kinda ape over them briefly. IMO, E. 1999 was half weak. The good songs are fantastic but some of that album missed me. the song on the show soundtrack is fukking brilliant. the double cd missed me completely at the time too. i listened recently and it sounded better but it's a day late and a dollar short as i'm not gonna miraculously start knocking it.

so yeah, i don't really 'get" the Bone craze/hype/bolstering/goat talk.

they were cool. but so was Das Efx. so was Keith Murray. so was Akinyele. So was Nine. So were the Rumpletilskinz. So were Cypress Hill.

Bone Thugs vs. Cypress Hill would be a better match-up.

GoFlipAPack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Is this a serious question? kast and its not a fukking question.

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
:what:none of these art*tsts are even relevant in the south.

have you listened to the radio lately? bone's stinch is on alot of these hip-hop/r&b artists.

seeing that outkast is a white folks/nerd nicca group, i already know not to waste time with this outkast chit on the internet unless its my thread and im doing numbers. you people live in idlewild.

K.R.I.T. and Killer Mike aren't relevant in the South?
Doesn't B.o.B. have 2 huge pop hits and got his start doing post-Aquemini-esque OutKast influenced work?

And who are these Hip-Hop and R&B artists influenced by Bone-Thugs? You're surely not talking about the Drake/Weeknd/Frank Ocean types right? Please. I see more influence from fukking Tricky and UK Downtempo in those guys than Bone-Thugs. So, again, who are these artists?

And don't use that dumbass Black/White dichotomy to try and discredit me. First off, I'm Black. Second off, it's racist. Quit lowering yourself, already.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
^lol @ b.o.b. and his pop tarts. lol @ bragging about killer mike and BIG KRIT.:laff:

bone influenced a good 70% of the game after they came out in one way or another. im not even gonna indulge in these stupid @$$ questions any further. i only do that when its my thread and im doing number. dudes in here blatantly downplaying bone, in favor of a group that wasnt even that important on top of that.:laugh:

its not racist. im just pointing out the obvious. and i could care less what race you are and/or claim to be. lol.

Do you even live in the south?

As for Bone's influence, do you care to name names?

i lived in the south, visit frequently and keep track of whats going on down there. got mixtapes in the mail headed my way as we speak.:obama:

thats why i laugh when dudes be trying to play the south card on me when it comes to outkast and start typing up a bunch of fairy tales about their influence, etc.

its like a small segment of dudes on here that rep the south properly.

Doctor Wily

CapcomSwag
Daps
Outcast

though i personally enjoy individual albums from Krayzie , Layzie and bizzy over everything else

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
^lol @ b.o.b. and his pop tarts. lol @ bragging about killer mike and BIG KRIT.:laff:

bone influenced a good 70% of the game after they came out in one way or another. im not even gonna indulge in these stupid @$$ questions any further. i only do that when its my thread and im doing number. dudes in here blatantly downplaying bone, in favor of a group that wasnt even that important on top of that.:laugh:

its not racist. im just pointing out the obvious. and i could care less what race you are and/or claim to be. lol.

i lived in the south, visit frequently and keep track of whats going on down there. got mixtapes in the mail headed my way as we speak.:obama:

thats why i laugh when dudes be trying to play the south card on me when it comes to outkast and start typing up a bunch of fairy tales about their influence, etc.

its like a small segment of dudes on here that rep the south properly.

:rudy: I didn't see any names typed in that post. If they influenced "70% of the game" or whatever the fukk you say, then it should be easy for you to name 5 off the top of your head. EASY. I'm not even saying they didn't influence anybody, I'd just like you to support your point.

You have terrible reading comprehension as well, since nearly every post in here, even those who wrote "OutKast" as an answer also contained "I like Bone Thugs as well" or something of that nature. If you'd stop worrying about replies in threads and read a little closer, maybe you'd have realized that.

And "OutKast wasn't that important" is such a stupid statement that it serves as it's own rebuttal.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
^they werent that important. they werent compared to the big dogs when they were actually good, so why are we comparing them to these groups now, 15-20 years after the fact? it makes no sense. this is why i always make it a point to go hard on outkast and their sissified fans.

thats bad enough, but then you dudes have the audacity to say kast wins? and add words like "easily"? lol.

i shouldnt have to name names. you dont see the direct influence that bone has had on the game? really? but then again, you people seem to think that outkast played a major part in molding the south.:laugh:

Bone Thugs vs. Cypress Hill would be a better match-up.

actually, outkast vs cypress hill would be the more realistic matchup.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
lol @ posting a list of rapers who were influenced by bone. its the same scenario everytime, dating back to that other site. then when somebody decides to post the list, its a big @$$ list and the interrogators dissappear from the thread.

big mel has been forced to fallback in multiple threads after his usual "who did they influence? nelly?" routine that he does.