Whole Foods On Brink Of Bankruptcy .... People Find Brand Pretentious

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
I was inside Whole Foods about 2 weeks ago. I was astounded by how much shyt they have but then I looked at how unnecessarily expensive some shyt was. Could have found it online on Amazon for a cheaper price. But damn their hot bar :leon:

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
But why tho??? :heh: If they seriously bout to be going into bankruptcy they could be losing money on opening up a new store...

Seriously... They do need one because of course, all the pretentious folks that live in those tiny ass apartments need somewhere to buy their food from.

LOL. And of course by then, everyone would have just moved on to buying stuff that is fresh from Amazon.

I don't feel bad for brands like this when they go under because they have sever :mjpls: policies when it comes to opening locations in NYC ...

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Yea Whole food is overpriced bullshyt. Traders joe offers the same shyt st an affordable price. Hilarious thing about Whole Foods is here in Chicago they opened a store in Englewood of all places. I applaud them for opening a store in food deserts. But there is no way in hell that community is buying that high ass shyt

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Whole foods pizza is good than a motherfukker too. I don't see Wholefood market stores in poor areas anyways. So shut the fukk up and pay to play.

Refer to my post above. They opened a huge store in the worst neighborhood in Chicago. The problem with these guys is that they thought they could expand outside there yuppie enclaves of Greenwich village, San Fran, etc. They are learning real quick that they aren't McDonalds

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I prefer the local shops, but going to starbucks still feels good to me. Whoever their marketing team is did well with that. We have a pete's here but there's no drive through. Maybe Starbucks is doing well because they have the portability thing going for them? I still think the main reason they're so popular is because they have made a name for themselves by personalizing the coffee so they play to people's egos and make them feel special by going there.

Yea Starbucks drive thru booms. Most people in the morning don't like to wait to grind, brew,etc before work. Most just wake up, brush/wash, dress and leave. I know I do. I want to sleep as much as possible. Plus, DD is ass. Sometimes it's worth that extra 2 bucks

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is the end of premium brands....us as US citizens are too fukking broke to be enjoying pretentious LA/San Fran/NYC liberal hipster shyt...

Good. Let's keep it real again. There's so much fakeness in the world today. Hell I bet that all the shyt whole foods claiming from non gmos to organic is a fukking lie. I'm so tired of this self righteous, "consciousness" movement associated with whole foods among other things that's centered around a bunch of hipsters and yuppies who are fake as fukk looking down on other people who are honest about themselves or own up to their humanity and imperfections. These same knuckleheads acting above everybody like they are oh so smart but not smart enough to see how big fukking tools and suckers they are getting played and pimped. Basically the same shyt they despise.

Daps
This is the end of premium brands....us as US citizens are too fukking broke to be enjoying pretentious LA/San Fran/NYC liberal hipster shyt...
:dwillhuh: Apple ain't the most valuable company in the world anymore? People ain't spending $800 on cell phones payment plans and $1000 on Macs?
Premium brands aren't ending; Americans will just only spend Preminum prices on things that come across as "valid"

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
:dwillhuh: Apple ain't the most valuable company in the world anymore? People ain't spending $800 on cell phones payment plans and $1000 on Macs?
Premium brands aren't ending; Americans will just only spend Preminum prices on things that come across as "valid"

Apple actually makes a decent product, with a decent business model even then a lot of people are looking at Apple sideways for the stupid shyt they do.

And Apple isn't just a hardware company. They are essentially a digital consumer company. When you fukk with Apple, you are buying to an ecosystem.

When you fukk with Whole Foods...you buying food...and then you buying expensive ass food that really ain't any better than the shyt at Walmart or Publix.

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Apple actually makes a decent product, with a decent business model even then a lot of people are looking at Apple sideways for the stupid shyt they do.

And Apple isn't just a hardware company. They are essentially a digital consumer company. When you fukk with Apple, you are buying to an ecosystem.

When you fukk with Whole Foods...you buying food...and then you buying expensive ass food that really ain't any better than the shyt at Walmart or Publix.

Doesn't it bother you a little to know that in another part of the world, they have to have suicide nets outside the apple product factory to keep some people from killing themselves from being underpaid and overworked. Not saying that you can't buy an iPhone or show at whole foods but both of these businesses are fukked up in terms of being all about the money. They want their laborers to work for pennies, their customers to pay top dollar and in the long run, the products aren't even that good because they aren't made to last forever or that great. They have a self life. It's the brand and the name that makes people think it's better than the same thing found elsewhere.

This is one reason why I find it hard to take many of these yuppies and hipster types acting self righteous and arrogant, ready to talk all this peace, love and harmony shyt, the environment and whatever while at the same time supporting the very same shyt that they claim to be against such as whole foods and apple. It's sickening. See them all over social media and in the nearest big city, putting on a show claiming to be socially conscious on some new age thinking. They yap about Donald Trump but supporting these same greedy fukkers blindly. No one is perfect but to act like their shyt don't stink or that they aren't ignorant and swearing that they are better than everyone else when they need to check themselves repeatedly.

Last edited:

Cheercomp

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The comments throughout the article from customers were ridiculous.... "i dont shop there b/c it makes me feel poor/bad/aware of what i can't afford"..... "I prefer Trader Joe b/c its for the everyman" WTF who cares about that? Grocery stores shouldn't make you feel any kind of way about yourself