Whoa: Black Mizzou Football Players Have Boycotted Over Campus Racism (Updated:President Resigns)

10:31

Superstar
Daps
Hbcu are low in academic rankings. Most flagship university are ranked higher & have higher sat requirements.

Some hbcu need to tighten entrance requirements to boost rankings & they would have more than black money coming in.

So you're telling me most student athletes of color (football players) are taking academics into consideration when thinking football in college?

:sas1:

Last edited:

hoodheronova

All Star
Daps
So you're telling me most student athletes of color (football players) are taking academics into consideration when thinking football in college?

you talking two different issues. This thread is about cism in college institutions. Take your issue about athletes attending HBCUs and make your own thread

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL

No fact is they have a stronger chance of getting to the league. While there they atleast expect to get treated with respect not only because they human but also factor in the cash they bringing the school.

Don start victim blaming breh:snoop:
"Bu bu if he just did what the officer said":francis:

Superstar
Daps
you talking two different issues. This thread is about cism in college institutions. Take your issue about athletes attending HBCUs and make your own thread

No, the underlying theme of the point I'm making is why attend an institution you know is 90% European? Let alone racist then have a fit when you discover what you already know to be true......?

We have our own institutions (some of which are dying because of the lack of revenue) that could use top talent on the football field. Hell, they would still go to the league and become even bigger assets as alumni and prospective boosters down the road

But we always choose Duke "blue eye devil"

No fact is they have a stronger chance of getting to the league. While there they atleast expect to get treated with respect not only because they human but also factor in the cash they bringing the school.

Don start victim blaming breh:snoop:
"Bu bu if he just did what the officer said":francis:

So you've got a better chance of going to the league if you attend a D1 PWI?

How many NFL players have come from grambling?????????

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No, the underlying theme of the point I'm making is why attend an institution you know is 90% European? Let alone racist then have a fit when you discover what you already know to be true......?

We have our own institutions (some of which are dying because of the lack of revenue) that could use top talent on the football field. Hell, they would still go to the league and become even bigger assets as alumni and prospective boosters down the road

But we always choose Duke "blue eye devil"

So you've got a better chance of going to the league if you attend a D1 PWI?

How many NFL players have come from grambling?????????
Over the last 15 years I don't think many pros have come from HBCU's

As somebody else stated this ain't the thread for that debate tho.

Daps
Sooooo why didn't any of the brothers consider an HBCU? Surely they ( or their guardians) had to know (Missouri) institutional cism and overt/covert cism existed at an illustrious PWI like this :jbhmm:

I'm all for the brehs standing up but got damn... That's like make the concoious decision to hit a KKK orientation in Missouri and complaining about cism...

Howard, Norfolk, Hampton, A&T, gramb, Bowie State, Central, Bennett (S/o to my ladies down Bennett), Morgan, and so many others could use some of these talented brehs..

But they always choose Duke

Probably because Mizzou presented a better opportunity towards them realizing their goals of playing professionally and likely offered scholarships they may not have seen at HBCUs. They were likely recruited by Mizzou.

Your repeated attempts at blaming the victims here adds NOTHING to the conversation. It just serves to deflect from the issue at hand.

Superstar
Daps
Probably because Mizzou presented a better opportunity towards them realizing their goals of playing professionally and likely offered scholarships they may not have seen at HBCUs. They were likely recruited by Mizzou.

Your repeated attempts at blaming the victims here adds NOTHING to the conversation. It just serves to deflect from the issue at hand.

1. Salute to the brehs for standing up against that fukk shyt

2. The focus is the mindset. They are by no means victims. I'm just tired of so many of our brehs having this come to Jesus moment in 2015. "CACs are racist" "Omg, how could they be racist" and always wanting their approvals, apologies, and acceptance.

fukk them and their institutions. fukk them, fukk them, fukk them.. I can't say it enough. Stop wanting their God damn affection

3. I'll make a new thread. My goal isn't to derail this one.

kevin arnold

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought they were already supposed to have these diversity programs in place, because of what happened in 2010 when they put cotton down in front of the student union.

Good they're sitting out this time though

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Them white folks are pissed on the Missouri message boards. They want all scholarships yanked immediately.
Cuz our Young Men won't take the field to entertain them:mjpls:

...once you affect revenue, then the pendulum swings: Supply and Demand:sas1:

It's beautiful to have 90s Babies AWAKE that Ovastand their Power:blessed:

Last edited:

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
Wow amazing what these kids are doing. More power to them, while the clippers folded like little hoes these kids are out here trying to make a change.
Clips were in the playoffs vs a hated rival. Mizzou just lost to Vandy and wont even get an invite from the Tampax Bowl:childplease:

Im sure Tobe woulda boycotted a playoff gm :comeon: After the owner was suspended for life from the league and we knew he was gonna be forced to sell