Whoa: Black Mizzou Football Players Have Boycotted Over Campus Racism (Updated:President Resigns)

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
They went to back to back SECCG's. That means A LOT to ppl around here. A LOT.

You also have to question if a :mjpls: Mizzou would actually have an inverse effect.... attract recruits who are on the Richie Incognito's and Riley Coopers tip who may feel they can't be themselves at these other schools.....and more importantly boosters who wouldn't have spent money if it was a more "diverse" program.

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
yep, these dudes don't get it, how much cojones it takes to do this. You have old mizzou players saying this has been going on for awhile but they just smiled and tap danced .

but these dudes took a stand and said no mas, it could affect their scholarships, could affect their job opportunities in the future whether professional football or a white collar job but they have cojones.

No, I get it. And like I said I'm all for them doing this. My point is simply this: Use your power to evoke real change and not just superficial things. Seems to me one man resigning won't change the system. But by all means keep arguing a different point as if I'm somehow dissing the players or downplaying their courage in doing this.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
No, I get it. And like I said I'm all for them doing this. My point is simply this: Use your power to evoke real change and not just superficial things. Seems to me one man resigning won't change the system. But by all means keep arguing a different point as if I'm somehow dissing the players or downplaying their courage in doing this.

have you read their demands breh?
its not only getting the president to resign and it is a star

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Main reason why I had to get off a Bama forum last year, them cacs had me heated when the Ferguson shyt went down. :snoop:
I think there was a mass exodus of black users from many forums during Ferguson.

So many people revealed themselves as brazen racists.

I know of many who left those racist boards
Trust me, I've been a member on "certain" forums before. I know the deal, when stuff gets real.

:mjpls:

Daps
What I hear come out of some of these Southern colleges is literally mind boggling in terms of racism :mindblown:

Give these kids some credit here. What they are doing takes huge courage, they are putting conscience ahead of their roles as athletes. Let's see how long the university will go without their best football players on the field. I would guess not very long, they will probably act quick.

Mizzou's players are going to hurt the school where it hurts most, its pockets.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
I respect the HELL out of these players.

But if they're serious about holding out until all of those demands are met, they aren't playing football again for Mizzou.

That said, it's great to see a group of marginalized people take advantage of the immense power they wield.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mizzou player says team not united over boycott

A Missouri Tigers player said Sunday night that the entire team is not united over the decision to stop practicing until grad student Jonathan Butler ends his hunger strike.

"As much as we want to say everyone is united, half the team and coaches -- black and white -- are pissed," the player, who wished to remain anonymous, told ESPN. "If we were 9-0, this wouldn't be happening."

The player, who is white, spoke on the condition of anonymity. Coaches told the team not to talk to the media because they thought the situation "would blow over eventually."

"Not everyone agrees with the decision [to stop all football activities]," the player said. "Most people are pissed, including the black guys [on the team]."

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:wow:

CTVuivXU8AEmku4.jpg