Whoa: Black Mizzou Football Players Have Boycotted Over Campus Racism (Updated:President Resigns)

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
I'm giving them respect for standing by their players. The players started the change and the coaches supported them. That's a good thing
We can quibble later. Lets just appreciate that the coaching staff wasnt on the wrong side of history.

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm giving them respect for standing by their players. The players started the change and the coaches supported them. That's a good thing
Yes let's give the coaches all the credit. When it was the players and the players only. Cause you know they have no choice if no players are playing :snoop::snoop::snoop::snoop:

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Very glad to see these brothers taking a stand.....the only way to get change is through action and these guys realize at these schools they have POWER. White people are the ones who turned CFB into a billion dollar business and it doesn't work without the athletes. Its all good when they just say "yes sir" and follow the rules but what they have to go through now...I feel for them. But I hope they stay strong :blessed:

KingsnBucs1987

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indianapolis
Whitey is so fukking stupid. Exactly what do they think will happen to their athletic program if the school pulled every football scholarship and fired all the coaches? Im sure that would play well for all those future (mostly black) recruits.
Pretty much.

Have your fans want a self - induced death penalty brehs.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Straight stomach turning breh. But if we want these kids to go to HBCU's and play then we need to get all the alumni to start donating to the sports programs like the FBS alumni do

Them kids not gone choose a schools with no jumbotron or with outdated strength equipment over a school with advanced equipment just because its got a bunch of black people there

These kids are 17 and 18, their thought process about those kinds of things aren't as developed as they should be at that age

Great points. But really we need black folks to support HBCUs period. Even these white universities have people who never even attended schools donate to them and leave money to them in their will.

We have to understand this is like supporting a black owned business. You don't have to work at a black owned business to support a black owned business.

In the past black folks of all walks of life (college educated and non college educated) donated to HBCUs because no matter if they went to the schools or not they knew the importance of them. Hell you had black people who dropped out of school in 5th grade donate to the united negro college fund (which is an arm of the HBCUs).

Just like in the past black folks donated to the NAACP. Even though they might not have had legal console from the NAACP or gotten any help from them.

I will give you one example before I go. There is a story of an old lady back in the day who died in Mississippi. The lady husband died and left a life insurance policy worth a nice amount of money. Well when she dies she leaves a will to Jackson State giving them money.

Now this lady and her husband never finished elementary school. But she believed so much in Jackson state and HBCUs that she felt it was her duty to leave some money for Jackson state in her will.

This is the support I am talking about and would help just as much if not more than black athletes attending them or alumni boosting donations.

I say this as a person that never attended an HBCU but cut a check every year to donate to Jackson State and Langston University.

Last edited: