who was more skillfull overall Prime Floyd or Prime Roy?

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
roy's skill, the way he fought... it all worked because of his physical gifts. how many times have you heard someone say you would never teach a young fighter to emulate roy jones? it's because for 99% of the population, emulating roy's speed and reaction time is impossible. that's why he could set traps no one else was capable of (you're proving my point for me); it wasn't physically possible for everyone else, and i dont consider that skill. that's god.

that's why he could throw leaping hooks instead of jabs (an entire discussion in itself), and dodge barrages of punches with his feet planted in one place. and that's why he started getting k'dtfo when his physical gifts left him.

you're implying that i'm saying roy wasn't skilled. he was. i'm saying his skills were amplified to nearly inhuman levels because he was a genetic freak of nature. i'm also asking: how can it be attributed solely to skill if the skills only work at the peak of his powers? roy's ability to effectively use his skill appeared to vanish overnight.

the 25lbs of muscle... there are other things to consider there. but i dont want to have that convo.

I think you make great points bro, but let me see if I can get you to see this from a different perspective.

An athlete like Roy could have all of the physical gifts & tools in the world at his disposal. But if that athlete isn't a master of the fundamentals and have the IQ to put it together, then you don't have an athlete like Roy. His boxing IQ is off the charts which people seem to forget or don't know because they get too caught up in his physical gifts. His ring smarts always were overshadowed because of his godly attributes on full display in the ring. Roy processed things much faster then most boxers which allowed him to do things most boxers could never do.

It wasn't till Roy damaged his body moving down in weight which significantly lowered his punch resistance & aged him more, we saw the "human" version of him

scorpino

Love Yourz
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Came in here to say Roy but then I remembered this

j9JVkcb.gif

I know this wasn’t his prime but still

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
Floyd easy to me.
Roy was a superb athlete, great reflexes but prime Floyd lasted for so long because his boxing mind was superb. Defense was superb. Counter punching was second to none, great footwork, great ring generalship. Floyd was a monster.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Roy had out of this world athletic ability but he’s wasnt more skillful than Floyd. Skills is why when the natural athletic ability faded ones career kept going.

:mjlol:

Roy was 49-1 before getting knocked out. At 49 fights Floyd was fighting Andre Berto and Connor McGregor..

:scust:

Imagine if Roy was fighting UFC fighters for fights after 50..

Floyd was smarter not to fight the hard fights late in his career..