who was more skillfull overall Prime Floyd or Prime Roy?

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Pac in his prime you could argue. The Pac that fought Floyd.... not HALF the fighter a prime Roy was.

Roy wins easily vs Floyd, better power, better reflex/agility, more dynamic offense. Sure maybe Floyd would survive on defense and smart boxing, but not to the degree that he outpoints Roy.
I think Floyd against a Roy Jones...I think he gets decimated in like 4 rounds. Never fought anyone with those angles or that speed...he would eat power hooks trying the shoulder roll.

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
I think Floyd against a Roy Jones...I think he gets decimated in like 4 rounds. Never fought anyone with those angles or that speed...he would eat power hooks trying the shoulder roll.

Who did Roy destroy in 4 rounds? Pound for pound, it is going to be competitive.

Don't understand how someone can see Jones go the distance with contenders, but think he'd destroy Floyd in 4 rounds if weight wasn't an issue.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Who did Roy destroy in 4 rounds? Pound for pound, it is going to be competitive.

Don't understand how someone can see Jones go the distance with contenders, but think he'd destroy Floyd in 4 rounds if weight wasn't an issue.
Floyd should be a bicycle more than the Castillo fight and he gets dropped several times. And Floyd has never anyone with the ability of Roy Jones..he hasn't faced anyone with Roy's abilities, speed, power. No one he ever faced could compare and couldn't compare..Sugar Ray Leonard can't even compare to that. Pretty Boy would leap right into a hilariously fast Roy hook counter.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In their primes? Floyd doesn't compare. There's nothing like Roy Jones. What he did to James Toney? Come on, man. Floyd almost got beat by fukking Castillo..lol. But definitely Mayweather held up better when they aged but that's because he didn't out on 25lbs to go to heavyweight and then came back down in his mid 30s.

mayweather held up better as he aged because he was fundamentally a better boxer than roy. the same way b-hop couldn't touch roy when they were younger, but held up better in the long run.

there was nothing like roy because roy was a once-a-generation athletic freak of nature. he could also box his ass off, which is what made him such a monster.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
mayweather held up better as he aged because he was fundamentally a better boxer than roy. the same way b-hop couldn't touch roy when they were younger, but held up better in the long run.

there was nothing like roy because roy was a once-a-generation athletic freak of nature. he could also box his ass off, which is what made him such a monster.
In their primes, all of those fundamentals you applaud and love for older Floyd? It gets wiped off the map by Roy Jones in the prime. Roy's creativity in that ring is unlike anything ever seen in boxing history. Jordan-esque. At their best, Floyd is no to Roy Jones. Castillo proved that for all of us to see.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In their primes, all of those fundamentals you applaud and love for older Floyd? It gets wiped off the map by Roy Jones in the prime. Roy's creativity in that ring is unlike anything ever seen in boxing history. Jordan-esque. At their best, Floyd is no to Roy Jones. Castillo proved that for all of us to see.

you’re arguing that Roy was better in his prime. I’m not disagreeing, and I’m more a Roy fan than Floyd. I’m just saying it had to do with athleticism, first and foremost.

in terms of technical skill, Floyd is superior. not sure how there’s much room to debate that one.

and bringing up Castillo… so what? everyone struggles against someone or some style. And Floyd clearly beat him the second time around.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
you’re arguing that Roy was better in his prime. I’m not disagreeing, and I’m more a Roy fan than Floyd. I’m just saying it had to do with athleticism, first and foremost.

in terms of technical skill, Floyd is superior. not sure how there’s much room to debate that one.

and bringing up Castillo… so what? everyone struggles against someone or some style. And Floyd clearly beat him the second time around.
That's a undercutting statement and it's weak..that's the kind of thing someone jealous or inferior would say. Asian type of thinking. Roy Jones is clearly a phenomenon in boxing.

In their primes? It's definitely not clear. Roy looked better winning than Floyd.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's a undercutting statement and it's weak..that's the kind of thing someone jealous or inferior would say. Asian type of thinking. Roy Jones is clearly a phenomenon in boxing.

In their primes? It's definitely not clear. Roy looked better winning than Floyd.

wtf are you talking about? :gucci:

i'm good. carry on.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Prime for prime, Roy was superior....that's what we had to talk about. Good deal..

:gucci:

the question was "who was more skillful overall in their prime". not who was better in their prime.

floyd was more skilled IN MY OPINION.

roy was more gifted, more dominant and better overall, IN MY OPINION.

meanwhile you making up your own debates and talking about asians and beta males and a bunch of other crazy shyt... what we doing breh?

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
:gucci:

the question was "who was more skillful overall in their prime". not who was better in their prime.

floyd was more skilled IN MY OPINION.

roy was more gifted, more dominant and better overall, IN MY OPINION.

meanwhile you making up your own debates and talking about asians and beta males and a bunch of other crazy shyt... what we doing breh?
Skill for skill, how can you think Fkoyd was on Roy's level? Insane defense, counter puncher, power in both hands, throws a better hook...sets hilarious traps that no one else is capable of...

I just don't get how Floyd is more skilled in his prime than Roy Jones. He held up better? Hell yeah..after Roy put on 25 lbs of muscle at 34.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Skill for skill, how can you think Fkoyd was on Roy's level? Insane defense, counter puncher, power in both hands, throws a better hook...sets hilarious traps that no one else is capable of...

I just don't get how Floyd is more skilled in his prime than Roy Jones. He held up better? Hell yeah..after Roy put on 25 lbs of muscle at 34.

roy's skill, the way he fought... it all worked because of his physical gifts. how many times have you heard someone say you would never teach a young fighter to emulate roy jones? it's because for 99% of the population, emulating roy's speed and reaction time is impossible. that's why he could set traps no one else was capable of (you're proving my point for me); it wasn't physically possible for everyone else, and i dont consider that skill. that's god.

that's why he could throw leaping hooks instead of jabs (an entire discussion in itself), and dodge barrages of punches with his feet planted in one place. and that's why he started getting k'dtfo when his physical gifts left him.

you're implying that i'm saying roy wasn't skilled. he was. i'm saying his skills were amplified to nearly inhuman levels because he was a genetic freak of nature. i'm also asking: how can it be attributed solely to skill if the skills only work at the peak of his powers? roy's ability to effectively use his skill appeared to vanish overnight.

the 25lbs of muscle... there are other things to consider there. but i dont want to have that convo.

alpo

Dade County carol city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carol city
All because Floyd lifestyle and no losing is why y’all hate :snoop:

alpo

Dade County carol city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carol city

:dahell: Um yeah?:wtf:

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
Roy was more skillful, and it's not even close. Roy Jones Jr is the greatest boxer of all time.