who was more skillfull overall Prime Floyd or Prime Roy?

TheFireCar

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
F5BCEAEE-2F46-4371-A98A-D7A4398E23E9.jpeg

roy-7777.png

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
This is gonna be a shytshow, but i'll bite:

Floyd was always more skillful than Roy because he had better fundamentals. Roy had better athleticism which allowed him to be much more entertaining and be able to do the amazing shyt he could do in the ring. We saw what happened when that athleticism took a nosedive

Thats all I got :hubie:

Daps
Roy had more skill

Floyd better career

Floyd close in skill

But roy threw triple hooks and punches from crazy angles

Plus his body punches was crazy too

Roy also had faster hands and feet

Tflasha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Roy had more skill

Floyd better career

Floyd close in skill

But roy threw triple hooks and punches from crazy angles

Plus his body punches was crazy too

Roy also had faster hands and feet
:gucci:How did roy have better "skill" if those skills did not protect him from being knocked out later in his career:mjlol:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
In their primes? Floyd doesn't compare. There's nothing like Roy Jones. What he did to James Toney? Come on, man. Floyd almost got beat by fukking Castillo..lol. But definitely Mayweather held up better when they aged but that's because he didn't out on 25lbs to go to heavyweight and then came back down in his mid 30s.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
This is gonna be a shytshow, but i'll bite:

Floyd was always more skillful than Roy because he had better fundamentals. Roy had better athleticism which allowed him to be much more entertaining and be able to do the amazing shyt he could do in the ring. We saw what happened when that athleticism took a nosedive

Thats all I got :hubie:
fukk entertainment. He was superior to every boxer that put on gloves in the 90s. Wasn't even close. Floyd used to get criticized tons over having brittle hands. Roy Jones was the p4p king. Floyd started to matter as the best in 07 when he beat De La Hoya.

Last edited:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
:gucci:How did roy have better "skill" if those skills did not protect him from being knocked out later in his career:mjlol:
What this gotta do with prime? Because no one could hit the guy clean...he was so unstoppable they wanted him to fight fukking 250lb Lennox Lewis..lol

You out Floyd and Roy in their primes in the same weight division, Floyd gets absolutely eradicated. Not fast enough and his defense has never dealt with a Roy Jones. Those jabs to the body? He's fast enough to land on Roy or skilled enough..he can't set traps on him and Roy's combinations would have him legitimately running for his life. But the same thing would happen if Roy faced Andre Ward at 168..GGG? He would lit up and knocked down over and over again. Canelo? He would get punished, humiliated, and would quit.

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
fukk entertainment. He was superior to every boxer that put on gloves in the 90s. Wasn't even close. Floyd used to get criticized tons over having brittle hands. Roy Jones was the p4p king. Floyd started to matter as the best in 07 when he beat De La Hoya.

This thread is about boxing skills not athleticism or popularity.

KingOFKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hate threads like this. I hate when people mention athleticism and RJJ. RJJ was extremely skilled, you can’t do the things he did in the ring without having an incredible amount of skill and IQ. You have to have solid fundamentals to do what RJJ did, at your core. He wasn’t just doing random moves out of “athleticism”.

It’s like saying Jordan and Kobe were just athletic.