Who was a better player: Brandon Roy or Carmelo?

When Healthy, In There Prime, Who Would You Want?

• Brandon Roy

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • Carmelo Anthony

Votes: 56 70.9%

• Total voters
Daps
Reppin
Oakland CA
they had a heated debate out in the barbershop earlier today in Inglewood, and a random ass argument got started about who was better.. (There was a story about the Lakers being interested in Roy)

but who was better? :blink:

take away all the empty stats Carmelo produces, and I'd take B-Roy who was better all around..

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
Brandon Roy easily. He was a winner, Melo isn't.

Roy is the first SG that I've seen Kobe struggle to guard.

I expect people to pick Melo tho. Since he is the bigger name.

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
no joke prime B-Roy was the 3rd best SG after Bean and was neck and neck close to Wade, but I gotta go with Melo on this one because he has had the longer career and Roy's injuries fukked up a great career it would have been, but back in 08-09 easily Roy was better than Melo no doubt. I thought Roy would have passed up both Bean and Wade especially after that Rockets series performance he had in 09 even though the Blazers lost, but injuries completely fukked up his career

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
:wtf:

What has he won? I swear bath salts wouldn't have me seeing crazier shyt than I see on the Coli on a daily basis.
By the way he plays. He never took plays off. Melo consistently does especially the defensive end. Being a winner doesn't necessary means that you win rings. Battier is a winner and he never won shyt, but he plays winning basketball. Roy was of that cloth.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
no joke prime B-Roy was the 3rd best SG after Bean and was neck and neck close to Wade, but I gotta go with Melo on this one because he has had the longer career and Roy's injuries fukked up a great career it would have been, but back in 08-09 easily Roy was better than Melo no doubt. I thought Roy would have passed up both Bean and Wade especially after that Rockets series performance he had in 09 even though the Blazers lost, but injuries completely fukked up his career

See, that made me rethink my stance a bit, we didn't see dude hit his prime, he could've been a top 5 player right now if he stayed healthy. Still a beast though, could facilitate a bit and pretty efficient with his scoring, but Melo matches that efficiency and combines it with his ability to score anywhere on the floor and his post game makes him one of the few players that gives you team the ability to play inside/out when need be. B Roy's defense could put him over the edge tho, but when Melo keys in he's a decent defender too, and a pretty good rebounder too.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
See, that made me rethink my stance a bit, we didn't see dude hit his prime, he could've been a top 5 player right now if he stayed healthy. Still a beast though, could facilitate a bit and pretty efficient with his scoring, but Melo matches that efficiency and combines it with his ability to score anywhere on the floor and his post game makes him one of the few players that gives you team the ability to play inside/out when need be. B Roy's defense could put him over the edge tho, but when Melo keys in he's a decent defender too, and a pretty good rebounder too.
Roy was a better closer than Melo. Playmaking/passing is not even close. Roy has a significant edge over Melo. Add the fact that Roy never took plays off and he showed heart every second on the floor. This is easily Roy.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
^^^
As far as being the better closer goes, you could go either way, they were both top 5 imo, and I don't dispute Roy being the better playmaker either. I can't say Melo don't have heart, dude tries on the defensive end but lacks focus sometimes. he's a pretty consistent man on man defender, it's his team defense that's shaky, but I think it's because he's been under 2 coaches who don't really seem to have any defensive philosophy whatsoever.