Who The Fxck Is "Pookie And Ray Ray"?

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
I’m 40 years old and I’m assuming your around that age or close to it. You know damn well chicks your age ain’t lusting after no Lil Baby types
:heh:

And I’m sure Childish Gambino has no trouble getting women

Nah I'm 27

Idk if alot of women like lil baby like that

But they love dababy, roddy, nba Youngboy, durk, von when he was alive

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Where you from means absolutely nothing. Since we talking about look a likes you know damn well a Nas look a like getting way more women than a Wayne look a like. And Nas looks and carries himself just like the average black man
Nobody brought up where anybody is from. Nas carries himself like a street dude who's made it to maturity.

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
Nah I'm 27

Idk if alot of women like lil baby like that

But they love dababy, roddy, nba Youngboy, durk, von when he was alive
All those dudes are conventionally handsome and fit the ‘in’ aesthetic.

One thing that I think is genuinely challenging for young brehs is the money. Drip these days is terribly expensive. Fashion 10-20 years ago was a lot cheaper comparatively.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Nobody brought up where anybody is from. Nas carries himself like a street dude who's made it to maturity.
Actually you did by saying Meth and Nas were from the hood. But to me Nas carries himself just like the average black man. A lot of us came up in negative environments and made it past that

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Actually you did by saying Meth and Nas were from the hood. But to me Nas carries himself just like the average black man. A lot of us came up in negative environments and made it past that
Okay then your opinion or an "average" black man is obviously different from mine. Nas and Method Man are not it. Just as many black men did not have to live the project/"worst radius in the city" life. The fact that you believe this, means many female counterparts do also, and lends to the overall point.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Okay then your opinion or an "average" black man is obviously different from mine. Nas and Method Man are not it. Just as many black men did not have to live the project/"worst radius in the city" life. The fact that you believe this, means many female counterparts do also, and lends to the overall point.
Just becuz a black man didn’t grow up in the projects or worst neighborhoods doesn’t exempt them from coming up in a negative environment. Folks on here tout PG County all the time which is the wealthiest black majority county in the country. But it also has the second worse school system in the state after Baltimore City. Our kids face negativity. It is what it is. And any of us over come that. My original point was that most black women don’t want the stereotypical criminal type that many on here believe they do. Most black women just want an honest hardworking black man who is about his shyt

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Just becuz a black man didn’t grow up in the projects or worst neighborhoods doesn’t exempt them from coming up in a negative environment. Folks on here tout PG County all the time which is the wealthiest black majority county in the country. But it also has the second worse school system in the state after Baltimore City. Our kids face negativity. It is what it is. And any of us over come that. My original point was that most black women don’t want the stereotypical criminal type that many on here believe they do. Most black women just want an honest hardworking black man who is about his shyt
Aight breh

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Also I had an aunt named pookie and a best friend in elementary school named Ray Ray lol it’s just a black nickname I thought

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Agreed but an random opinion I have, I honestly think a good looking square eats better than a ugly/dusty street nikka. Not every street nikka looks like Pac or prime 50 Cent. If they was both regular people Michael B Jordan probably has more success and better quality of women than one of the members of MOP for example.

Just had to get that off my feathers :hubie:
It's not always the looks, tho.It's the lifestyle & ultra masculine energy."Pookie & Ray Ray's "nothing but a term born out poverty.Synonymous with street niccaz.All under the same umbrella.It's the prevailing culture in our community.Been promoted & glamorized for the last 30-40 yrs.As a collective, we don't really have a strong body.Scarce resources.We lay prostrate on the floor when it comes to generational wealth.Which gave birth to a warped value system.AKA, style over substance.Knowing how to dress.Having swag.Being a tough guy.Etc etc..On top of that, I think a lot of women in our community suffer from codependency under a "strong black woman!!" facade.The black woman has been shown nothing but disrespect & a lack of love.Just like black men, but they're women, so it's going to affect them differently in some areas.I think some of them feel more in control with broken men.Not just black women, but women in general.That's how they get caught up in entanglements.Addicted to tinkering around with & trying to fix men who need repair.Perfect example of that is Jada & Will Smith.Will's the ultimate "Handsome square", but Jada continually goes absent.At times, disrespectful.He's not broken enough to activate her "Mother Goddess Healing Powers".Maybe Tupac was.August Alsina? You bet! Once you got them open like that, it magnifies the touch.Couple of back breaking session in the bedroom to close the deal..You got em:yeshrug:

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state
i kno a ray ray
a pookie
a mookie
a t-bone
a junebug
a eddie kane
a deandre
a poochie
a otis
a willie
a nino
a t-dog
a mimi
a tiger
a black
a blackie
a mish
a jelani
a jobani
a simba
a al-p
a X
a jaz
a cheeks
a basima
a rone
a rome
a mase
a 40
a relly
a rah rah
a A
a B
a C
a D
a E
a G
a H
a J
a K
a L
a O
a P
a T
a V
a Z

never knew a man man or lil duke or cory

i could prob keep goin tho, thread was really interesting to see what names people wer familiar with

reminded me of a old sohh thread for 5 mins

Never knew a nikka named pookie
Knew one named Ray

man-man
Twin
Poppa are the most common hood names

I’ve actually never encountered anyone nicknamed Ray Ray growing up.

A couple of Pookie’s tho.:ehh:

I’ve been black my whole life and know a couple of Ray Rays( watch them nikkas, they all with the shyts:ufdup:) but I’ve never met a motherfukker name pookie:patrice:

T-bone sounds like a name made up by a cac who’s never met a black person in real life:mjlol: Almost as bad as T-dog from the walking dead:russ:

Also Cory said he got into T-bones whip at the beginning but at the end T-bone got out the car :patrice: