Who Smells Like Champagne Now? 2016-2017 Cleveland Cavaliers Season Thread

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Frye doesn't have the foot speed and
Yeah I know he pretty much got ran off the court last year. It's funny how their bench is deep and serviceable against everybody else in the league (at least when LeBron is on the floor with them)

Derrick didn't play because of inexperience.
I'm sure that's Lue's reasoning, just felt like he needed to do something different. Expecting/hoping/praying Deron and Kyle would eventually click seemed like wishful thinking.

I kind of wonder what Bogut would've been able to give them defensively. :ld:

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho
Yeah I know he pretty much got ran off the court last year. It's funny how their bench is deep and serviceable against everybody else in the league (at least when LeBron is on the floor with them)

I'm sure that's Lue's reasoning, just felt like he needed to do something different. Expecting/hoping/praying Deron and Kyle would eventually click seemed like wishful thinking.

I kind of wonder what Bogut would've been able to give them defensively. :ld:

Lue is a baby in this game and he's taking this L hard.

I personally think this is all for the best because it should bring humility and focus to a group that sorely needs it.

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Lue is a baby in this game and he's taking this L hard.

I personally think this is all for the best because it should bring humility and focus to a group that sorely needs it.

It's weird, because they really only have to "figure out" how to beat one team and I don't think they have the personnel to do it. Lue definitely has to get them playing defense next year and figure out how to keep things afloat when LeBron is on the bench. He's entering his 15 year and he's played at around 100 games in 8 of them+ 3 Olympics:picard:.

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
It's weird, because they really only have to "figure out" how to beat one team and I don't think they have the personnel to do it. Lue definitely has to get them playing defense next year and figure out how to keep things afloat when LeBron is on the bench. He's entering his 15 year and he's played at around 100 games in 8 of them+ 3 Olympics:picard:.

They've got the personnel to do it.

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
They've got the personnel to do it.

They have to play perfect against this team and 36 year old Kyle Korver can't lead your team in bench minutes, but you might be right... if they don't fall apart down the stretch in game 3 probably headed back to the Q for game 6 right now.
alonzo-mourning-heat-upset-then-realization.gif

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
They have to play perfect against this team and 36 year old Kyle Korver can't lead your team in bench minutes, but you might be right... if they don't fall apart down the stretch in game 3 probably headed back to the Q for game 6 right now.
alonzo-mourning-heat-upset-then-realization.gif

Ain't about being perfect. Lue is not getting the most out of the talent on this roster.

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:patrice: in what way?

1.) He didn't game plan well for Game 1s this year or last year. Punting games is a bad formula.

2.) He doesn't trust players without playoff experience.

3.) Questionable line ups and rotations.

4.) Cavs have never looked fluid with LeBron riding the bench. He's obviously an all time great. But Lue often benches 2 of their best three players at once and still doesn't know how to get the best out of Love against bench line ups.

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
1.) He didn't game plan well for Game 1s this year or last year. Punting games is a bad formula.

2.) He doesn't trust players without playoff experience.

3.) Questionable line ups and rotations.

4.) Cavs have never looked fluid with LeBron riding the bench. He's obviously an all time great. But Lue often benches 2 of their best three players at once and still doesn't know how to get the best out of Love against bench line ups.

Good point, I don't remember too many Kyrie/Love or LeBron/Love minutes this postseason. Kyrie especially seemed to struggle on the floor by himself, didn't seem to know how to get shots for other people although Tristan "Stone hands" Thompson doesn't help.:scust:

Fortunate Lee

Superstar
Daps
Too bad brehs..they battled but that 30-8 run was just too much.

One thing..they have to take the reg season more seriously next year..startin a finals series at home is a major advantage.

Missed freethows.. :francis: