Who Smells Like Champagne Now? 2016-2017 Cleveland Cavaliers Season Thread

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Brehs...it hurts to say this but there is a large possibility the Cavs won't win the chip this year. Don't get me wrong they definitely can and should squad talent wise, but playing defense isn't something you can just turn on and up to playoff caliber like a light switch. Defense has to be an identity to win a chip:wow:....I'm still cavs til the lights go out, but I gotta be realistic.....unless I see a major identity change in the next few weeks I have my reservations about the post season. Hopefully the next few weeks show change.

I'm with you. This horrific defense of the last couple months has got me very skeptical.

is this your first season watching a lebron team?

Not one bit worried

Lol defence is all effort
These dudes just wanna stay healthy and start the playoff

Not worried

Game 1 in the playoffs...Watch how hard these nikkas play

they coasting..

if they were to meet denver again they would whip on denver bad.. but since its a team they should have won easy..they played like it didnt matter.

Nah, ya'all are clueless about this. NBA team defense in 2017 is far too complex to be all about effort.

This is reminding me of 2014, only worse. At least then they had a scheme, they just didn't have the guards to execute it and they needed one more healthy big. This year, they've got shytty defenders at multiple positions AND they ain't got no scheme.

I just want 1 game before the end of the season where they just lock down defensively for the majority of a game and just demolish an opponent.

I need to see 1 dominant defensive game before the playoffs start.

Nah, they're further behind than you think. They need to string together multiple "decent" defensive games before they even get to that "lock-down" level.

Dayco23

World Champion
Daps
Reppin
Ohio
C7m6DF1XkAAxKBJ.jpg

from Lloyds final thoughts after Denver :yeshrug:

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
I'm with you. This horrific defense of the last couple months has got me very skeptical.

Nah, ya'all are clueless about this. NBA team defense in 2017 is far too complex to be all about effort.

This is reminding me of 2014, only worse. At least then they had a scheme, they just didn't have the guards to execute it and they needed one more healthy big. This year, they've got shytty defenders at multiple positions AND they ain't got no scheme.

Nah, they're further behind than you think. They need to string together multiple "decent" defensive games before they even get to that "lock-down" level.
funny lebron himself said it was about effort...

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Of course, that's what he's going to say at this point. If what I say is true, what to you expect him to say - rip on Lue's schemes and concede defeat?

Are you telling me that either the Cavs are going to suddenly become an elite defensive team the moment the playoffs start, or they just happen to have a lot of players who don't give a shyt about winning?

Are you telling me that teams like 2010 Boston and Los Angeles, or 2011 Chicago and Dallas, or 2014 Indiana, or 2015 Golden State, played so well on D because they had a lot of effort guys, and other coaches just couldn't get that same effort out of them?

Edub

Veteran
Daps
C7m6DF1XkAAxKBJ.jpg

from Lloyds final thoughts after Denver :yeshrug:

Fear the Sword Brehs I hope you're right.....I hope it is just effort, but that's being awfully confident (and maybe a bit arrogant) to think you can just raise the bar just like that....I hope they can cuz I wanna kick it again this summer .....but in all my BBall experience it usually is a D intensity level that has to become habit or practice with the ENTIRE SQUAD.....I hope y'all right for real :wow:
Of course, that's what he's going to say at this point. If what I say is true, what to you expect him to say - rip on Lue's schemes and concede defeat?

Are you telling me that either the Cavs are going to suddenly become an elite defensive team the moment the playoffs start, or they just happen to have a lot of players who don't give a shyt about winning?

Are you telling me that teams like 2010 Boston and Los Angeles, or 2011 Chicago and Dallas, or 2014 Indiana, or 2015 Golden State, played so well on D because they had a lot of effort guys, and other coaches just couldn't get that same effort out of them?

See my issue isn't that the cavs can't play better d, of course they can they won the chip last year with the same team basically playing great D.....my issue is that teams like Boston, San An, GS Houston and even ATL, Toronto and Was. are gonna demand the cavs show their true defensive identity ....and if they don't have one established that could be a problem....a big problem.:mjcry:

I still honestly think they'll be alright....but it would help if they showed their grit at this point. All I'm sayin:manny:.

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
Fear the Sword Brehs I hope you're right.....I hope it is just effort, but that's being awfully confident (and maybe a bit arrogant) to think you can just raise the bar just like that....I hope they can cuz I wanna kick it again this summer .....but in all my BBall experience it usually is a D intensity level that has to become habit or practice with the ENTIRE SQUAD.....I hope y'all right for real :wow:

See my issue isn't that the cavs can't play better d, of course they can they won the chip last year with the same team basically playing great D.....my issue is that teams like Boston, San An, GS Houston and even ATL, Toronto and Was. are gonna demand the cavs show their true defensive identity ....and if they don't have one established that could be a problem....a big problem.:mjcry:

I still honestly think they'll be alright....but it would help if they showed their grit at this point. All I'm sayin:manny:.

for some games they... definitely effort..

for however.. they allow too many open 3's

Edub

Veteran
Daps
for some games they... definitely effort..

for however.. they allow too many open 3's

Exactly, and perimeter defense is the biggest sign of the teams defensive identity...how well do they close out, how well do they fight through screens and over picks or is there communication to pick up men off of screens....if they got all that together they playing the best case of possum i've ever seen.