Who Smells Like Champagne Now? 2016-2017 Cleveland Cavaliers Season Thread

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
Yeah like I said earlier Shumpert and Delly are too much alike.

Delly can run an offense, shoot 3s, and defend at a high level.

Shumpert can ideally guard 1-4 in stretches..He really needs to have a good season. I trust Delly over him.

Cavs 4 biggest weaknesses overall are/were:

1.) Bench Scoring
2.) Team athleticism
3.) LeBron's back-up (long term)
4.) Rim Protection

LeBron sadly had to be all 4 in order to win it all. Hopefully the Cavs have a plan to take care of all 4.

Felder should help with scoring and athleticism. They shouldn't count on RJ being able to do what he did over a full season at his age and they don't don't really have money to get a real back-up center.

They can't trade their 2017 first either so I don't get what they are offering for the TPE.

i would put your number 4 to number 1..

because they have good weapons now..several line up variations...

i dont know how much they trust the other russian dude.. but he will need to step up BIG time.

delly's defense will be missed.. but Shumpert is actually quite better at it..and i also prefer mcrae over delly when it comes to offense.. i think he will see time as off ball guard..

but delly had more heart than all of them combined

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho
i would put your number 4 to number 1..

because they have good weapons now..several line up variations...

i dont know how much they trust the other russian dude.. but he will need to step up BIG time.

delly's defense will be missed.. but Shumpert is actually quite better at it..and i also prefer mcrae over delly when it comes to offense.. i think he will see time as off ball guard..

but delly had more heart than all of them combined

Bench production was their biggest flaw last season.

It's the reason why LeBron was forced to be on the court with them in order to generate offense.

If they let McRae and Felder learn on the fly that should change drastically because both know how to score.

We don't know what we'd get from them on defense tho.

That's why I'm against not matching Delly.

G-Zeus

Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
Bench production was their biggest flaw last season.

It's the reason why LeBron was forced to be on the court with them in order to generate offense.

If they let McRae and Felder learn on the fly that should change drastically because both know how to score.

We don't know what we'd get from them on defense tho.

That's why I'm against not matching Delly.
felder will be a big liability.. i can garantee that.. WAAYYYY too small..even curry will try to post him up...

but if you can get the points back...and maintain the score while the starters rest... than the offense will be the defense.

they should trade Mo williams.... i mean.. its cool he came back and yall can thank him.. but he is dead weight.

Dayco23

World Champion
Daps
Reppin
Ohio
I have a feeling McLemore is going to be a Cav come training camp

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
they need to match that delly offer. Most people don't realize that Delly + Lebron ran smoother than Kyrie + lebron. It really was a stockton to malone dynamic with them.

G-Zeus

Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
they need to match that delly offer. Most people don't realize that Delly + Lebron ran smoother than Kyrie + lebron. It really was a stockton to malone dynamic with them.
it would cost them like 30 mil a year to match.. and you gotta pay JR.. at least 10 mil a year...and he will STILL leave money on the table..

his resurgence as a two way player and what he did to klay will have many contenders ready to fork that 3/50 deal...

HoopLife

Superstar
Daps
What do you guys think about Kofus and McLemore? Kofus is owed 25 million over the next 3 years which would be a fantastic contract to have honestly. Kings have to many Centers on that team.

Mario Chalmers would be a nice risk to take since he could heal until Dec/Jan. He has good chemistry with Bron and he could be had for cheap if we can't resign Delly.

I feel Shump is always injured and is regressing at a dramatic pace. He's on a great contract so hopefully we trade him before he loses all value. He's better than Bazemore to me honestly and you guys how overpaid he's become this year.

Hopefully we find creative ways to tweak the roster but one thing is for sure is that Indiana is our biggest threat especially if they get Rudy Gay.

Kings team sources have indicated over the past week that Kosta Koufos, Ben McLemore and Rudy Gay are available for trade, and separately that the Kings are losing interest in retaining free agent Rajon Rondo.

This is more or less a cleanup report from over the past week as nothing specific nor new has developed that we’re aware of. We’ve seen rumblings of a deal in Indy for Gay, but the sense among sources is that once a few more dominoes fall in free agency that we might see some trade action.

Clearly the Kings have a logjam up front so Koufos, whose $25 million over the next three years (including player option) is very cap friendly in this new environment. Rudy Gay is similarly situated with $27 million on the books for the next two years (including player option). McLemore is a shot in the dark for a team that thinks they can scrape off the remnants of the Pete D’Alessandro and George Karl era of Kings basketball. Altogether the Kings have a nice hand they can deal and the fog of free agency is the perfect time to strike.

Kings dangling Koufos, McLemore and Gay; losing interest in Rondo

Last edited:

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho
Former Cavalier players/draft picks in Free Agency so far:

Delly 4 years $38 million
Deng 4 years $72 million
Mozgov 4 years $64 million
Leuer 4 years $42 million

Ironically that totals up to $216 million :ohhh:

Still out there

Allen Crabbe
Dwight Powell
Dion Waiters

:deadmanny:

KRiLL (+)

Yo! Ho! Ho!
Daps
Reppin
Straw Hat Pirates
What do you guys think about Kofus and McLemore? Kofus is owed 25 million over the next 3 years which would be a fantastic contract to have honestly. Kings have to many Centers on that team.

Mario Chalmers would be a nice risk to take since he could heal until Dec/Jan. He has good chemistry with Bron and he could be had for cheap if we can't resign Delly.

I feel Shump is always injured and is regressing at a dramatic pace. He's on a great contract so hopefully we trade him before he loses all value. He's better than Bazemore to me honestly and you guys how overpaid he's become this year.

Hopefully we find creative ways to tweak the roster but one thing is for sure is that Indiana is our biggest threat especially if they get Rudy Gay.

Kings dangling Koufos, McLemore and Gay; losing interest in Rondo
I'd take Koufos, McLemore over Shump in a heart beat... :wow: how them contacts match up tho? :lupe:

if Bron get his hands on Ben he gon turn that boy into a monSTAR... :wow: he got ALL the tools to be a great two way player it's just the Kings are a terrible organization for him...

Koufos is a Buckeye, nuff said...
2sZXUL8.png

Last edited:

KRiLL (+)

Yo! Ho! Ho!
Daps
Reppin
Straw Hat Pirates
am i the only one that's not that impressed about KD going to the Warriors? :patrice: i mean i understand it's KD and all but they gotta give up Andrew Bogut & Festus Ezeli who are their BEST dirty screener and size up front... we'd eat these nikkas alive again in the Finals...:laff: plus KD always fold when against Bron, i think it's like 14-2 and Curry is always "hurt & injured" against us... :mjlol: at the massive circle jerk going on here...