who remembers the X-men game for the Sega Genesis?

R.U.L.E.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Maven/MPire Records
Mutant apocalypse on SNES was much better than both. Only thing it was missing was 2 player co op. Also having to use “street fighter” motions on the d-pad to use mutant powers was a bit annoying.

That Sentinal level was something else man with.

I also remember if you chose “easy” difficulty the game stopped after the Apocalypse level. Magneto would say some shyt about having to turn up the difficulty and the game would end :russ:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
There were only 2 things cheap about the first game, the part where you had to reset the genesis, and another many people don’t mention. One of the last levels had this part where you are fighting on a space ship that takes off. If you are hit there you would fly off the ship and die. You had to use nightcrawler and save up his mutant power because while you are in that dimension zone you won’t fall off.

The second game was just cheap all around. It was much harder than the first game even though you could use your powers more. The only thing that was better were the graphics.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Don't sleep on this one as well
XmenSNES_boxart.JPG

I’ve never seen this. I have the emulator on switch. Is it playable there

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
Thank goodness for emulators. I played this at a friend's house when I was a kid and never got a chance to play again until much later.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I didn't play these cuz I'm not that old but I put this on my batocera and I thought it was trash compared to the SNES one, but maybe I just had to be there

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Mutant apocalypse on SNES was much better than both. Only thing it was missing was 2 player co op. Also having to use “street fighter” motions on the d-pad to use mutant powers was a bit annoying.

That Sentinal level was something else man with.

I also remember if you chose “easy” difficulty the game stopped after the Apocalypse level. Magneto would say some shyt about having to turn up the difficulty and the game would end :russ:

Yep, this was the one I was talking about. I think it's a way better game just hard as fukk

R.U.L.E.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Maven/MPire Records
Yep, this was the one I was talking about. I think it's a way better game just hard as fukk

Snes one had better graphics and music. Magneto being the last boss was also a nice twist for the game being called “mutant Apocalypse.”

I think it also had a different ending depending on who you used to beat Magnus with.

this and X-men Children of the Atom (fighting game) are my top 2 X-men games of all time