Who rapped better overall, Dot or Drake?

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Neither one of these nikkas was THAT impressive bar wise in this battle and they didn't know enough about eachother to do the personal angle. I still feel the hardest bars came from Family Matters tho.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:banderas:Kenny did his thing and was more versatile. I did like Drake talking shyt tho.

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
It was even for me until Drake said "rapping like you tryna set the slaves free" it honestly didn't matter what Drake said after that. I look at him as a clown. And it's not like I held him in very high regard before but I was able to give him his props. He had some shyt and kendrick had some shyt. But after that Kendrick took over and nothing Drake said mattered

I pick shyt up
Daps
Reppin
Vixens, Mascara's, Mary-Ann's
I try to empathize with you 'cause I know that you ain't been through nothin'
Crave entitlement, but wanna be liked so bad that it's puzzlin'
No dominance, let's recap moments when you didn't fit in
No secret handshakes with your friend
No cultural cachet to binge, just disrespectin' your mother
Identity's on the fence, don't know which family will love ya
The skin that you livin' in is compromised in personas
Can't channel your masculine even when standin' next to a woman

God, ah, my confession is yours, but
Who am I if I don't go to war?
There's opportunity when livin' with loss
I discover myself when I fall short
Raise my hands to a fallen sky, I fantasize
Me jumpin' planets immortalized, I correspond
Three angels watchin' me all the time
Put my children to sleep with a prayer then close my eyes
Definition of peace
Tell me who gon' stop me? I come from love
Estelle cover my heart, then open me up
Remember when picked up a pen, lyrics that I can trust
Timid soul, stare in the mirror, askin' where I was from
Often, I know this type of power is gon' cost
But I live in circadian rhythms of a shooting star
The mannerisms of Raphael, I can heal and give you art
But the industry's cooked as I pick the carcass apart

Yeah lol

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Euphoria is the best rap performance in this imo

This,bars wise I would say it was about equal depending on your preference.

Both appeared to be on equal footing lyrically. Kendrick simply executed better,stepping on Family Matters like he did pretty much sealed it.

And "the Heart" by Drake just sounded like a waving of the flag,too non chalant. Plus he embarrassed himself with saying Kendrick got molested and being wrong.

I think he was trying to match the datkness of Meet The Grahams which was a grave mistake:mjlol:.Shouldve stuck with wittiness and humor.

But as I said,after Family matters got stepped on,it was an uphill battle regardless for Drake.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
I try to empathize with you 'cause I know that you ain't been through nothin'
Crave entitlement, but wanna be liked so bad that it's puzzlin'
No dominance, let's recap moments when you didn't fit in
No secret handshakes with your friend
No cultural cachet to binge, just disrespectin' your mother
Identity's on the fence, don't know which family will love ya
The skin that you livin' in is compromised in personas
Can't channel your masculine even when standin' next to a woman

God, ah, my confession is yours, but
Who am I if I don't go to war?
There's opportunity when livin' with loss
I discover myself when I fall short
Raise my hands to a fallen sky, I fantasize
Me jumpin' planets immortalized, I correspond
Three angels watchin' me all the time
Put my children to sleep with a prayer then close my eyes
Definition of peace
Tell me who gon' stop me? I come from love
Estelle cover my heart, then open me up
Remember when picked up a pen, lyrics that I can trust
Timid soul, stare in the mirror, askin' where I was from
Often, I know this type of power is gon' cost
But I live in circadian rhythms of a shooting star
The mannerisms of Raphael, I can heal and give you art
But the industry's cooked as I pick the carcass apart

Yeah lol
Nasty.

• Dap
Reactions: 904

Baracka Flocka Flame

Coast to Coast
Daps
Reppin
LA & NJ
It was even for me until Drake said "rapping like you tryna set the slaves free" it honestly didn't matter what Drake said after that. I look at him as a clown. And it's not like I held him in very high regard before but I was able to give him his props. He had some shyt and kendrick had some shyt. But after that Kendrick took over and nothing Drake said mattered
"You just acting like an activist it's make believe..." Many people understood the line. It wasn't to clown the slaves but to state that Kendrick performance like he is a big civil rights activist but doesn't have anything to say when shyt actually goes down. Sonya Massey killed by a Race Warrior Officer and Joe Biden is release statements before "Hip hop's Savior". "Is he Oochie Wally Wally or is he One Mic"

pawdalaw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Fayetteville
"You just acting like an activist it's make believe..." Many people understood the line. It wasn't to clown the slaves but to state that Kendrick performance like he is a big civil rights activist but doesn't have anything to say when shyt actually goes down. Sonya Massey killed by a Race Warrior Officer and Joe Biden is release statements before "Hip hop's Savior". "Is he Oochie Wally Wally or is he One Mic"
Stfu! even Wayne got checked when he crossed the line. One of the main differences between us and yall is that we know where that line is at all times... Can't believe you trying to explain that shyt away... you gotsta be one of them 👱‍♂️

Last edited:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Stfu! even Wayne got checked when he crossed the line. One of the main differences between us and yall is that we know where that line is at all times... Can't believe you trying to explain that shyt away... you gotsta be one of them 👱‍♂️
I mean that was the point of the line. nikka was basically clowning him for being a hypocrite. U can just follow the lines right after and see what he meant. Like I said before. Son got shytted on for his Mike Brown comments and stopped speaking on those type of issues in interviews all together lol.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
kenny, overall.

But Drake sing songy shyt on the last verse of Family Matters was some SSS-Rank shyt.

Song I replay the most from the back and forth is 6:16 in LA

pawdalaw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Fayetteville
I mean that was the point of the line. nikka was basically clowning him for being a hypocrite. U can just follow the lines right after and see what he meant. Like I said before. Son got shytted on for his Mike Brown comments and stopped speaking on those type of issues in interviews all together lol.
What was he supposed to do, March with BLM or something?:gucci:

Does that bring who he presents himself to be into question?:jbhmm:

Who of the 2 seems to be struggling with identity issues? :sas2:

Baracka Flocka Flame

Coast to Coast
Daps
Reppin
LA & NJ
You can't tell me anything. I've always been critical of Kenny. Despite his massive influence, he only gives us crumbs like 'we gon' be alright,' all while wearing a Jesus throne crown. And you all eat it up like it's something special. At the end of the day, he's just rapping songs. It's nothing like 'Fight the Power.' Wayne was out of line, and Drake was right to call out Kendrick on his contrived 'Black People's Savior' image. And you've bought into it. I've been verified as FBA on here for years and have been on this site even longer than you, my brother.

bOqedfO.jpeg

Last edited:

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps
You can't tell me anything. I've always been critical of Kenny. Despite his massive influence, he only gives us crumbs like 'we gon' be alright,' all while wearing a Jesus throne crown. And you all eat it up like it's something special. At the end of the day, he's just rapping songs. It's nothing like 'Fight the Power.' Wayne was out of line, and Drake was right to call out Kendrick on his contrived 'Black People's Savior' image. And you've bought into it. I've been verified as FBA on here for years and have been on this site even longer than you, my brother.

Yes because he's an artist:dahell: he never claimed to be anything other than that.
He provides social commentary through his music that's it, and references the fact he isn't "woke" or "socially conscience" in his music several times.

Other people put this "Savior" tag on him, he literally got a song on his last album telling people he isn't their savior.

Last edited: