Who Owns The Coli?

Stick Up Kid

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Reppin
Newark NJ
there are a couple posters who got stuck with them who i think deserve to be re-evaluated

you are not one of them
full

:dahell:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
I don't mind.

History as far as what? How the site started, shyt like that?

Fred.

yea and the names u dropped....I kinda pieced it together somewhat something happened with another forum and people came over here or that was the birth?

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
yea and the names u dropped....I kinda pieced it together somewhat something happened with another forum and people came over here or that was the birth?

Most of us were on SOHH, another forum. That forum had been around since the 90's.

Sometime around 2011/2012, an outside company bought SOHH in hopes of turning it into a social media site.

It failed miserably, but the forum was still extremely active. But since the site didn't turn out how the investors wanted, they stopped updating the site.

Eventually, during All-Star weekend if I remember correctly, the site crashed due to the traffic.

Two posters, Brooklynzson and BK, brainstormed on creating a new site. It would be sports/hip-hop/entertainment....if you notice The Coli, The Rafters, The Locker Room, The Arcadium, The Gym, Event Staff, The Sky Box, etc....most of the sub-forums have sports themed names.

Eventually BK (cook) who was white got into some kinda issues with people in The Locker Room. Not sure what, it was before I was a mod.

Anyway, cook was obviously the one running the site day-to-day, doing admin shyt, etc. because since he left the site has kinda been left to rot. Brooklynzson will go 2-3 months at a time, without even logging in. And he never responds to PMs from mods.

So now here we are.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
infosec 😮
also my headcanon was that 4klan pwning us and the associated downtime was part of the reason we moved but i looked it up and that was back in '08 :mjlol: all the years are blending together at this point :flabbynsick:

Site bounced back and went on for another 4 years after that.

Fred.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Eventually BK (cook) who was white got into some kinda issues with people in The Locker Room. Not sure what, it was before I was a mod.

Anyway, cook was obviously the one running the site day-to-day, doing admin shyt, etc. because since he left the site has kinda been left to rot. Brooklynzson will go 2-3 months at a time, without even logging in. And he never responds to PMs from mods.

So now here we are.

Fred.

:mjpls::snoop:

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America
Most of us were on SOHH, another forum. That forum had been around since the 90's.

Sometime around 2011/2012, an outside company bought SOHH in hopes of turning it into a social media site.

It failed miserably, but the forum was still extremely active. But since the site didn't turn out how the investors wanted, they stopped updating the site.

Eventually, during All-Star weekend if I remember correctly, the site crashed due to the traffic.

Two posters, Brooklynzson and BK, brainstormed on creating a new site. It would be sports/hip-hop/entertainment....if you notice The Coli, The Rafters, The Locker Room, The Arcadium, The Gym, Event Staff, The Sky Box, etc....most of the sub-forums have sports themed names.

So now here we are.

Fred.
So what’s the plan going forward? shyt been smooth lately since that update so we all know it’s only a matter of time before something pop up.