Wolfpac

Don't Turn Your Back....
Supporter
Daps
wrestling-referee-beating-a-dead-horse-jx6i3fgmp7b6rtz3.webp

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
WWE has done a bunch of documentary films/series/episodes over the years on the fall of WCW. WTF are they gonna cover in this Vice doc that hasn't already been covered a billion times before in the past?
My hope is that it's not a WWE propagandized doc, but probably not given who is behind it.

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
Isn’t Bischoff the obvious answer :lolbron:
Absolutely. He might have been responsible for the highs (not my opinion as I think the next original/good wrestling idea Bischoff has would be the first one) but he likes to wash his hands of enabling Hogan and all the other stupid shyt that happened.

Bischoff is as dumb as Russo and engages in arguably more double-talk than Dave. The fact that he likes to pretend he is some kind of wrestling genius is bizarre. He wanted to be a real tv executive not a carny wrangler so he kept trying to shoehorn television norms into wrestling in the most perfunctory ways.

To get an idea of how creatively bankrupt he is and really hammer home the fact that he wasn't the carny wrangler as much as he became one of carnys id highly recommend The Lapsed Fans' coverage of Hogan’s TNA run.

Last edited:

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
Ted Turner allowed open rebellion in his company thinking he was too much of a man for anything to happen. His people loathed professional wrestling and he kinda just sat there like “yeah but I do so deal with it”. This made them hate it even more. They always wanted WCW off the air whether it was good or bad television. The bad certainly didn’t help.

Once the AOL Time Warner merger occurred there was no hope at all because there was no longer any voices in favor but if Turner had instilled sometype of understanding culture before hand I think their could have been something salvaged in terms of that company

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
Maybe it's just me but it's interesting that WCW and ECW got dismantled around the same time period but most people always look back on ECW with fondness and delight and we still scream "E-C-DUB!" to this very day yet when most people look back at WCW its out of sadness and confusion especially during the last couple of chaotic years... I never heard a "DUB-C-DUB!" chant a day in my life.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Maybe it's just me but it's interesting that WCW and ECW got dismantled around the same time period but most people always look back on ECW with fondness and delight and we still scream "E-C-DUB!" to this very day yet when most people look back at WCW its out of sadness and confusion especially during the last couple of chaotic years... I never heard a "DUB-C-DUB!" chant a day in my life.
That's because when ECW ended, it was still beloved, when WCW ended, people were mostly hate-watching. The last days of WCW was so bad it cancelled out the goodwill the good years had brought. People still loved watching ECW in it's final days.