Who is the best passer in NBA history?

Best Dime Dropper

• Total voters

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Why include Magic if you’re going to interject you’re astute analysis?

:why:

I gave my opinion on all the options.

Kidd, then Stockton, then Magic

What separates Kidd & Stockton from everyone else is that they don't need you to be open in order for them to find you. They know how to put the ball exactly where it has to be, and you meet it there for the easy score. That's a completely different tier than finding the open man that no one sees.

Good analysis.

White chocolate Jason Williams

Could have made the list, but there are levels to this passing thing.

I mean.... He retired at 31 in the prime of his career(Last season was 2nd in the MVP Voting after winning the MVP 3 of the last 4 years) having 8 straight seasons with double digit in assists could've had 15 straight if he kept on playing.... Any other answer other than Magic is wrong.

"not as good passing in the half court as some of the other guys mentioned above" OP you should watch some more Magic Johnson, What are you basing this on? you think Magic was just a fast break passer?. Probably one of the dumbest takes i've seen and I say this as a Celtics fan.

I've watched plenty of Magic. He's an elite passer no doubt, but he's not running away with the assist crown like the poll indicates.

Clown shyt in the description of Magic. He changed the way the game was coached.
If you were over a certain height, they wouldn't let you handle the ball before him. High school and college teams. He and George Gervin ushered in the era of big guards in the NBA

When the Dream Team got to play basketball, euros who thought they were used to passing bigs, got a master class in the art of passing.

Impact on culture has nothing to do with this basketball discussion.

Manu Ginobili deserves honorable mention.

No he doesn't :childplease:

How is Nash not an option.

He's a P&R savant but he's not in this conversation.

No mention of Larry Legend or Jason Williams?

There's a difference between making great passes, and being an elite passer. Larry and chocolate fall into the former. And I'd actually put chocolate over Larry in that regard.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Gotta go with Bron. Bron passes the ball when the game's on the line, that's what really matters. MJ could never.

Of course I'm not trying to derail your thread as a punishment for leaving Harden off your list while including Jokic OP.
full

Mj is better than bron at brown's natural sir.

Mj averaged a triple double playing point guard. While bron shirked his natural position as a leader to lose.

Stop the cap.

Learn the facts.

A fact can not be disputed.
You cap can be disputed and proven wrong.
Plus mj has passed for more game winners in the finals to win titles.
than bron as well.

Art Barr

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Ol try to move the goal posts and epic fail.

To even do a proper discovery.

You could have searched this community and found you were wrong.

As i been bodying this community with this fact for a quarter century.

Mj is the best passer and point guard in nba history.

Deal with it.

mj = goat

stop the cap.

as your cap is not a fact.
When a fact can not be disputed.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Michael Jordan said that playing point guard could extend his career: "I'm not getting as banged up as I used to"
Michael Jordan averaged 30-9-7 in 24 games as the Bulls' starting point guard during the 1989 season.
SHANE GARRY ACEDERAOCT 8, 2023 6:45 AM EDT
1980S
CHICAGO BULLS
START CONVERSATION
Michael Jordan nearly ended up becoming a point guard for the Chicago Bulls. During the 1988-89 season, Jordan had gotten so frustrated with the lack of production from his supporting cast that he took it upon himself to become the team's point guard to create better scoring opportunities for his teammates while also being in control of his offensive performance.

After a meeting with head coach Doug Collins, Jordan officially took over the point guard duties, and surprisingly, it yielded good results for both Mike and the Bulls.

"How many easy baskets do you see Horace Grant and Scottie Pippen get every day now?" said Bulls head coach Doug Collins. "That's all created by the greatness of Michael Jordan with the ball. Opponents don't know where the ball is coming from now."

Jordan then added that playing point guard could extend his playing career because it didn't feel as bruising.

"I'm not getting banged up as I used to be," he added

Because of this, the Bulls and Jordan talked about permanently moving to point guard. But fate had it differently.

Scroll to Continue
Recommended Articles
Former Chicago Bulls forward Scottie Pippen; Los Angeles Lakers legend big man Shaquille O'Neal
OFF THE COURT
How Shaq destroyed Scottie Pippen on Instagram: "See what happens when Michael Jordan ain't protecting you"
OCT 4, 2023 9:00 AM EDT
Chicago Bulls guard Michael Jordan (45) talks with forward Scottie Pippen (33) after a timeout from the game against the Boston Celtics at Chicago Stadium
OLD SCHOOL
"Don't you ever…stack the team against me again" - John Starks recalls Scottie Pippen vs. Michael Jordan charity game
OCT 7, 2023 8:15 AM EDT
The Los Angeles Lakers forward LeBron James, the late Lakers legend Kobe Bryant, and Houston Rockets center Dwight Howard
LATEST NEWS
Dwight Howard on the differences between Kobe Bryant and LeBron James: “Kobe was more so like a silent killer”
MAY 8, 2024 2:02 PM EDT

Jordan's success as the Bulls' point guard
During that late-season stretch in 1989, Jordan played 24 games as the Chicago starting point guard. He averaged 30.4 points, 9.2 rebounds, 10.7 assists, and 2.5 steals per game while shooting .498 from the floor. He had an 11-game stretch where he recorded 10 triples doubles. The result was so good that MJ talked about the possibility of permanently playing point guard for the Bulls.

"I'm waiting until the end of the season actually to see how much we prosper from it," MJ said. It's still kind of early, and if we win 50 games and do better than we did last year will consider it. I think it does a lot to take some of the burden of me playing the point guard position. If Chicago wants me to be the leader on the floor, I can do it better from the point guard position. But also it depends on what we can do in the draft too," he added.

The Bulls finished that season with a 47-35 record, and they ended up as the 6th seed in the East. Chicago lost to Detroit in the Conference Finals; it was the second straight year they were eliminated in the playoffs by the Bad Boys.

Michael returned to his natural spot the following season
The following season, however, Mr. Air returned to his natural two-guard position, with veteran John Paxson taking over the point guard duties. The Bulls also drafted BJ Armstrong 18th overall in the 1989 draft, giving them a second point guard on the team. At that point, Bulls GM Jerry Krause said that while MJ's move to point guard was over, it helped Jordan and the team get better.

ADVERTISEMENTSCROLL TO CONTINUE WITH CONTENT
"The move has definitely helped us in many, many ways. It's gotten Michael into more of a leadership position, which we talked about with him for a long time. It's hard to lead when you're a (shooting) guard. When you're the (point) guard, leadership is easier." said Krause.

With Jordan blossoming as a leader, the Bulls would go on to win their first-ever NBA championship in 1991, and he would lead them to five more titles during the 90's decade. Meanwhile, MJ also won four out of his five NBA awards during that decade. So, while MJ missed out on possibly extending his career by playing point guard, he ended up becoming basketball's GOAT

Y'ALL...
Easy as hell to table the fukk up.

I just bodied. Every wack voters in this poll..
plus,...
whole thread of huff goofie ass posters.

Imma eat.
Got tha table on mek.

Art Barr = tha goat

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

You motherfukkers will never spew a fake false narrative against the goat.

All that ho ass vitroil.

Can be disproven..
With video evidence.

To make your fake cap based vitroil. Exposed into ignorance.

Like how dare you goofies.

Art Barr