Who is the all-time WORST fictional Father figure?

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I think we can all agree, there are 2 types of ether most characters do not bounce back from: Losing the love of their lives, and being disowned by their pops.

After seeing last nights episode of GoT and how Tywin disowned Jamie - and pretty much blamed him for getting kidnapped and losing a hand - it got me thinking about the worst father/son relationships

I know we've talk extensively about Goku, so that very well may be a choice for some of you, but I wonder how many low life ass fathers we have out there
The fictional character of "Courtdog" is known to be a pretty bad dad

Thoughts

Banned
Daps
Why? :stopitslime: (Can't wait to hear this explanation)

D'Angelo wasn't "trapped", he was aware of his CHOICE to continue dealing, he walking around holier than thou, but it was him who actually destroyed the Barksdale organization sparking the Wire investigation with McNulty in episode after he beat his murder charge because he was scared to fight.

He detested his uncle and his Barksdale name, yet used BOTH to impregnate Donette, then after they had a kid, he would ignore her calls, not help out with his kid and got depressed and counter-productive in his kid's life. Now while we could blame this on his "feeling trapped", he chased after a stripper and abandoned his kid for the stripper and used his earnings to cop another house for her, and "trickin'" on her in numerous episodes.

Not once did he say "I have to get my son out of this life", yet he blamed his aunt and mother for "trappin" him in it.

He was coward and knew it and deserved to die, he knew that too...depressed about a 15 year old boy being murdered but content with abandoning your own seed.

:usure::mjlol:

Rest in piss softy ...Bodie stayed on that Starscream swag too low key.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
D'Angelo wasn't "trapped", he was aware of his CHOICE to continue dealing, he walking around holier than thou, but it was him who actually destroyed the Barksdale organization sparking the Wire investigation with McNulty in episode after he beat his murder charge because he was scared to fight.

He detested his uncle and his Barksdale name, yet used BOTH to impregnate Donette, then after they had a kid, he would ignore her calls, not help out with his kid and got depressed and counter-productive in his kid's life. Now while we could blame this on his "feeling trapped", he chased after a stripper and abandoned his kid for the stripper and used his earnings to cop another house for her, and "trickin'" on her in numerous episodes.

Not once did he say "I have to get my son out of this life", yet he blamed his aunt and mother for "trappin" him in it.

He was coward and knew it and deserved to die, he knew that too...depressed about a 15 year old boy being murdered but content with abandoning your own seed.

U missed the whole point of the D'angelo character and it really feels like you didn't watch the show but read a synopsis online, if you watched the first two seasons, you watched them superficially and did not understand what the writers wanted to demonstrate with the character, which is odd because it was very explicit and none of that is in your description you posted...oh well.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

:dead:

Bodie was Starscreamin'? I just thought he was the only one who though D'Angelo was weak. Like when D'Angelo claimed one of WeeBay's kills and Bodie was lookin' like :comeon:

Thoughts

Banned
Daps
U missed the whole point of the D'angelo character and it really feels like you didn't watch the show but read a synopsis online, if you watched the first two seasons, you watched them superficially and did not understand what the writers wanted to demonstrate with the character, which is odd because it was very explicit and none of that is in your description you posted...oh well.

I wonder do people actually take the time to realize there may be a possibility of them sounding stupid as hell and destroying their credibility as a poster with their replies. You're trying to hard, and that's a clear indicator that you feel outclassed in this debate.

...oh, and your response shows you lack independent thought. The focus wasn't fatherhood, but the perpetual cycle of males who lack positive role models, which in an interview, they wanted to show that with the Namond and his friends story arc. Namond was variant of D'Angelo's character if he had a positive role model in his life, like Bunny.

They explained that in one of the many interviews.

Daps
Reppin
St louis
Frank Gallagher. Shameless.

this!
wat6rr.jpg

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
:rudy:...junior was livin',

I-I-I-I- am -m-m--m-mad at you daaaad and I'm d-d-d-d-rivin' off in the w-w-w-w-hip you bought m-m-me.

Whole family was ungrateful, stepped on Walt his whole life...he bossed up and they got scared.
I think you missed the point of the entire show :dwillhuh: But whatever still one of the WOAT father figures on TV :yeshrug: cancer in human form.

Thoughts

Banned
Daps
I think you missed the point of the entire show :dwillhuh:

No, because it was explained on the after show too ...Walter got walked on his whole life until he imploded, he was the OTHER Walter from jump and it took him dying to realize he spent most his life NOT living. The drug game gave him a rush, and he was good at it, too smart for his own good.

Even in the end Walter proved to be stronger than ANYONE in his past...he died because HE WANTED IT after realizing he was truly a bad person.

While Gilligan defines the term "breaking bad" as "to raise hell",[28] it apparently means more than that. According to Lily Rothman, it is an old phrase which "connotes more violence than 'raising hell' does.... [T]he words possess a wide variety of nuances: to 'break bad' can mean to 'go wild,' to 'defy authority' and break the law, to be verbally 'combative, belligerent, or threatening' or, followed by the preposition 'on,' to 'completely dominate or humiliate.'"[29]

As the series progressed, Gilligan and the writing staff of Breaking Bad made Walter increasingly unsympathetic.[25] Gilligan said during the run of the series: "He's going from being a protagonist to an antagonist. We want to make people question who they're pulling for, and why."[26] Cranston said by the fourth season: "I think Walt's figured out it's better to be a pursuer than the pursued. He's well on his way to badass."[27]