Who is George Santos? He claims to have degrees from Baruch & NYU but nobody knows him. Update: He’s officially been ousted from congress

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
This isn't new. Maryland just elected a governor who had a book about his childhood in Baltimore City. He was from the suburbs. :yeshrug: I think the vetting process and lack of consequences for lying is the problem.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Her husband a cac I couldn’t do it :francis:
full

her policies were way better.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
This isn't new. Maryland just elected a governor who had a book about his childhood in Baltimore City. He was from the suburbs. :yeshrug: I think the vetting process and lack of consequences for lying is the problem.
Bmore city and suburbs is the same shyt m..YEEEEERRRRRPPP!!!!!

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Huh?

I did say incumbency is an advantage, which means the majority of congress members don’t give a fukk About their constituents. That also means you have to run a competent campaign to win. The man he ran against and the DNC NY State party failed because they didnt do the good job of pointing out this guy is a charlatan. Why? Idk, but something is wrong when a man can Super beast lie his way to a seat and the opposing candidate and party did a piss poor job. shyt, that kind of proves Robert Zimmerman didn’t care enough to point out a complete fraud like this character during the campaign.
No one disagrees with the idea that people should have exposed him as a fraud long ago.

Amazing he made it through a 2020 primary, 2020 general, and 2022 uncontested in the primary and winning the general without this coming out.

Either way they ran a bad campaign after turning a dem +14 district to a dem +4 district.

And I’d also argue he was just a bad candidate if the only way he could win was his opponent being a fraud

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Right she was a big proponent of defund the police yet she had 24/7 security guards for her home in park slope…. ochie Wally or one mic :unimpressed:

her neighborhood hired a private security guard and defunding the police would lead to actually addressing and fixing societal issues.

what defund the police actually entails.

nmambSa.jpg

B2uum2k.png

fx8ui7afsgc51.jpg

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Yes we know this but she never addressed that aspect while having private security of her own that’s the issue

she did not hire private security, the neighborhood of 100+ residents did. even if she did "hire" private security, a high-profile NYC mayoral candidate having security isn't unprecedented.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
she did not hire private security, the neighborhood of 100+ residents did. even if she did "hire" private security, a high-profile NYC mayoral candidate having security isn't unprecedented.
I get what you’re saying and I’m sympathetic to goals of the defund movement.

But optics wise, it does come across as hypocritical by arguing that an enhanced street presence of armed police is detrimental, while at the same time living in a neighborhood that pays for an additional armed presence.

That something I hope she addressed because the easy takeaway is an armed policing deterrent is positive unless you’re poor. :huhldup:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

He said he was from "Baltimore", it wasn't like he gave a false address or anything. And it was covered widely during the campaign to the point of being way overblown. I personally don't like him very much but I don't see how that was comparable at all.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
If anything, folks should be scared because this feels like a litmus test

Like the GOP and various others are poking and proding to see what kind of candidate is unassailable in terms of the things that "the left" virtue signals over

Then you plop something like him out wherever you can and watch the margins decrease bit by bit until you can do a sort of relay race hand off to whoever replaces them

This doesn't make any sense. Thinking that "the left" just avoids criticizing Republicans of whatever identity is silly. Look at how much Ted Cruz, Herschel Walker, Ben Carson, etc. get from the left. This guy was an open Trumper who bragged about attending the January 6 rally, he wasn't going to dodge criticism just because he was vaguely tanned. The party just straight dropped the ball on the race cause they thought they'd win anyway.