Who had the bigger/hottest prime between these rappers,late 90's Dmx,early 2000 Nelly,early 2000 Eminem,prime wayne,prime 50 cent, other(s):poll

Who had the bigger/hotter prime between these rappers

• late 90's Dmx

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • early 2000 Nelly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • early 2000 Eminem

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • prime wayne

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • 03 50 cent

Votes: 45 60.8%
  • other(s)

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No i didn’t. I got what you saying. Em and Luda styles were totally different

I forgot to separate the em explanation

They both had the cartoonish videos, the comedic approach to their lyricism, versatile flows. They both led their albums with the fun, light hearted single.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They both had the cartoonish videos, the comedic approach to their lyricism, versatile flows. They both led their albums with the fun, light hearted single.

I get how one could see that. All of Ludacris’s music was lighthearted even his R$B and club joints. One reason why people these days slight him. Missy and Busta also had cartoonish videos and took the same approach way before Em. Same parallels different methods.

Em pop comedic approach was more for shock value and to get people talking and upset.

Ludas was pushing for more genuine fun.

If anything Luda I’ll say Luda was waaaaay more similar to Busta even til this day.

Rapping wise they both are masters of rapping multiple syllables (Eminem wasn’t doing that much back then like he is now) they both switched tones and put emphasis on punches. They both could smoothen it out on R&B joints and not come off corny or forced unlike Em. Busta and Lida even had the same energy at times. Crazy I’m just now realizing this though

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I get how one could see that. All of Ludacris’s music was lighthearted even his R$B and club joints. One reason why people these days slight him. Missy and Busta also had cartoonish videos and took the same approach way before Em. Same parallels different methods.

Em pop comedic approach was more for shock value and to get people talking and upset.

Ludas was pushing for more genuine fun.

If anything Luda I’ll say Luda was waaaaay more similar to Busta even til this day.

Rapping wise they both are masters of rapping multiple syllables (Eminem wasn’t doing that much back then like he is now) they both switched tones and put emphasis on punches. They both could smoothen it out on R&B joints and not come off corny or forced unlike Em. Busta and Lida even had the same energy at times. Crazy I’m just now realizing this though

I've got Luda, Busta, Eminem, and Missy in a similar lane. Only real factors separating them is levels of lyricism, controversy, and the R&B element.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've got Luda, Busta, Eminem, and Missy in a similar lane. Only real factors separating them is levels of lyricism, controversy, and the R&B element.

Makes sense and understandable

Your factors are the reason I don’t have them grouped together. But I get it

PHamm

Superstar
Daps
No question Nelly was huge, but to me the difference was it was a slow progression to his stardom (at least near Philly.) I remember Country Grammar being all on Power 99 but never seeing a video for it or talked about on MTV. So I actually assumed back then he was a Philly artist lol (I know how stupid that sounds now.)

Then they did the video for Country Grammar which came out in august, and he kept getting bigger and bigger until the Ride with Me single took off, which by then he became a crossover star... Hot in Here and Dilemma came out next album with Nellyville and just solidified his stardom
The Country Grammar video came out in the spring. It was way before august

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
Justify this take
no true "god" of rap would allow themselves to be photographed like this. kool g rap would NEVER,

:scusthov:

eminem_001.jpg

greatone

Pro
Supporter
Daps
It's Eminem. His album sales during that period is ridiculous. He have 2 albums that went diamond during that period and the 1st album sold 7M.

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
I was too young to know 92/93 snoop (born 87), and all of those examples were artist that got tremendous hype and was popular. But I have never seen before or since, anyone like late 02/03 50 cent. His story, the cosign, the music, the beef with JaRule, his image, it was the perfect storm for that time to create a huge star.

I came in here to say DMX but before I get into that 92-94 Snoop had an all time run. If Snoop died in 94 or ended up doing a bid and nothing after doggy style was released he would be the GOAT just off The Cronic and Doggystyle