Who had the bigger/hottest prime between these rappers,late 90's Dmx,early 2000 Nelly,early 2000 Eminem,prime wayne,prime 50 cent, other(s):poll

Who had the bigger/hotter prime between these rappers

• late 90's Dmx

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • early 2000 Nelly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • early 2000 Eminem

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • prime wayne

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • 03 50 cent

Votes: 45 60.8%
  • other(s)

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
This is strictly about relevancy,popularity contest, nothing more

In my opinion I think 50 had the bigger prime. It was unprecedented and on molten lava status

Your thoughts

Sire366

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Phila
I was too young to know 92/93 snoop (born 87), and all of those examples were artist that got tremendous hype and was popular. But I have never seen before or since, anyone like late 02/03 50 cent. His story, the cosign, the music, the beef with JaRule, his image, it was the perfect storm for that time to create a huge star.

dfresh

Pro
Daps
50 cent no question.

Nelly is a distance second though. Northerns really underestimate the midwest and down south markets(see louisiana rappers album sales compared to all their peers). Also went diamond and performed at the super bowl twice which a lot of people seem to forget.

KnickstapeCity

:mjpls:
Daps
Reppin
New York
:wow:Low key, Em. Breh was on fire in the early 2000s. And that’s an understatement if we’re being honest.

Then 50, then Wayne.

Sire366

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Phila
50 cent no question.

Nelly is a distance second though. Northerns really underestimate the midwest and down south markets(see louisiana rappers album sales compared to all their peers). Also performed at the super bowl twice which a lot of people seem to forget.
No question Nelly was huge, but to me the difference was it was a slow progression to his stardom (at least near Philly.) I remember Country Grammar being all on Power 99 but never seeing a video for it or talked about on MTV. So I actually assumed back then he was a Philly artist lol (I know how stupid that sounds now.)

Then they did the video for Country Grammar which came out in august, and he kept getting bigger and bigger until the Ride with Me single took off, which by then he became a crossover star... Hot in Here and Dilemma came out next album with Nellyville and just solidified his stardom

Daps
Justify this take

What’s to justify? He got to play by his own rules. No black rappers in those days could have 0 presence in black clubs and expect to get a release date much less do numbers. He lived on pop radio where most black rappers could never dream
Of being on as much as him and his stuff still got force fed on black radio

Not Rolling

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What’s to justify? He got to play by his own rules. No black rappers in those days could have 0 presence in black clubs and expect to get a release date much less do numbers. He lived on pop radio where most black rappers could never dream
Of being on as much as him and his stuff still got force fed on black radio

Not Rolling

Those weren't his own rules. On the same token, he could've been laughed out of Hip Hop because of how he looked and the music he made. He and Nelly kind of existed in the same sphere: both got heavy play on Pop radio, MTV, in addition to Black radio. Nelly's was nearly doing Eminem numbers as a brand new artist without doing 2 million in the opening week.