who had the best acting performances on the wire [ other than Elba...too obvious]

HollywoodP

#LongLive24 #TMC America's Team, Lakeshow, & ASU
Daps
Reppin
The Valley Of The Sun 602🌵480🌵623🌵520
My vote goes to Omar. The lengths he had to go for that character are pretty astounding...he was a convincing gay dude when he's straight in real life. He has a baltimore accent the entire series and he's from BK. He was legitimately one of the most intriguing and quotable character throughout the show and he was on all 5 seasons.

SteelCitySoldier

TSC Fantasy Football Champion 2016
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles C.A.
Omar and Bubbles were the best two acted characters on this show and the third ain't even close. Those two were so complex and went through so many changes on the show it was crazy. You got all types of scenes that included them...for the most part everyone was seen in one or two different lights while with this character you saw them from four or five different perspectives.

Third would probably have to be DeAngelo for me because he was sort of in the same plight. He didn't want to be a part of that shyt but he had little choice. Struggled with the rights and wrongs... that nikka makes me think of that Malice verse from Not You

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
i say bubbles because of the range he displayed...went from crackhead, to recovery/rehab and then clean. that's a hard transformation to pull off and he did a great job.

the actors who played the straight gangster roles like marlo, avon, wee-bay, etc. did a good job, but the characters were too one-dimensional and lacked depth. omar, michael, D, cutty, bodie and stringer showed great depth and emotion while still having that edge.

14 years later and the wire is still considered one of the best shows ever. the story and complexity of the characters was so ahead of its time:wow:

SteelCitySoldier

Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles C.A.
i say bubbles because of the range he displayed...went from crackhead, to recovery/rehab and then clean. that's a hard transformation to pull off and he did a great job.

the actors who played the straight gangster roles like marlo, avon, wee-bay, etc. did a good job, but the characters were too one-dimensional and lacked depth. omar, michael, D, cutty, bodie and stringer showed great depth and emotion while still having that edge.

14 years later and the wire is still considered one of the best shows ever. the story and complexity of the characters was so ahead of its time:wow:

If this shyt was on today it would be one of the highest rated shows ever IMO

SteelCitySoldier

Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles C.A.
Slim Charles.

I actually know that nikka. He worked wit me at a grocery store called Shoppers Food Warehouse in D.C. nikka had no experience whatsoever and went to a casting call and they put him on. nikka was the same laid back ass nikka in real life as he was on the show, didn't change a muthafukin thing. Barkyard used to wreck shyt back in the day too and I ain't even a nikka who like gogo