Who gets fired first: Mike Norvell or Billy Napier

Who is “Open to Work!” on LinkedIn first

• Total voters
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Just looked at Norvell's buyout and considering that I think he is safe for another 2-3 years. I think they have a conglomerate of issues brewing. Their previous recruiting classes have been more bust than boom. They have a pretty good class so far this year based on recruiting rankings, but how likely are they to hold on to them if the season continues as it has? Also NIL is likely to be even more of a clusterfukk next off season than it was this previous year. That DL that is giving up 220 ypg rushing held them hostage to get paid, I'm pretty sure that ain't getting renewed next year. Unless someone breaks out they probably aren't going to want to pay anyone big money. They will also have to go big game hunting in the portal again. I'm pretty sure that culture in the locker room is turning to shyt and paying more mercenaries to come in likely won't help.

Norvell likely needs to turn it up in regards to HS recruiting and that likely will require upgrading some of his assistant coaches with guys that can recruit. While they can't afford to for him they can afford to fire his assistants and that will likely be the bandaid this off-season.
Off topic, but I hope y'all make a statement this Saturday

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Both are clowns and should be fired. FSU are idiots for not hiring Deion.
Serious question: what makes Deion a more attractive HC than what they got? They both are shyt recruiters but at least Mike attempts to go after HS guys. And there are some money guys in their collective who will NEVER be on board with him being HC there. Y'all keep skipping over these parts. Again, Taggart and Sanders are cool af like that. Hell no he ain't coming there after how they did his mans.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Norvell likely needs to turn it up in regards to HS recruiting and that likely will require upgrading some of his assistant coaches with guys that can recruit. While they can't afford to for him they can afford to fire his assistants and that will likely be the bandaid this off-season.
This...and there's one in particular who they need to fire but they for some reason or whatever, treat him like he's Mickey Andrews. Odell ain't brought in a big time recruit since Eddie Goldman. That was a decade ago.

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, I wanted Nape to work because he's all about the recruiting game and wanting to properly build this up but he's in over his head rn. Maybe we can scrape out a decent 7-5 season with our schedule but :yeshrug:
If he goes 7-5 with THAT schedule, they'd have to be 5-2 at worst going to the UGA game, which is a wild improvement considering how that Canes game went. They'd have a fighting chance against LSU and FSU only because of their head coaches.

SubZeroDegrees

50 shots in the blender.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nawlins
Coach O gave LSU their first losing season since 1998. Nineteen-ninety-freaking-eight. Brian Kelly's got his issues but Coach O is a damn garbageman. I was shocked they ever hired him to begin with. Going from a coach that won a national championship to one who was only ever successful as an interim at USC was crazy.

He was the fallback after Jimbo Fisher shunned them. LSU Boosters love coaches with Louisiana connections, and they wanted Napier. Thankfully the AD is the best in college sports and didn't listen to them.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Firing Norvell after two really good seasons would be insane, I don't see that happening. He simply has to understand next season will determine a lot, which means they have to hit recruiting and transfer portals hard to make sure this doesn't happen again.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Napier seat hot..he gotta move away from Mertz to show he really trying to fix this shyt.

This week perfect to start him against Samford

Last edited:

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama

There's a good chance Florida goes 1-11. Napier is definitely gone.

FSU just gave Norvell a huge extension so they are stuck with him for awhile.