• Total voters

SubZeroDegrees

50 shots in the blender.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nawlins
Napier.

Novell went undefeated last year, got an extension in the offseason and can blame this season on bad QB play/players getting drafted.

Napier is a clown who should have been fired after last year. Team has shown no progression in three years. He has no excuses.

He brought the QB in just for this season :mjlol:

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
How the hell you gonna hate recruiting when that's half the job? :dead:

A lot of them do :manny:

Think about it - you've got to kiss 17/18 year old kid's ass and make them feel like the most important part of the world. Some of these guys just want to deal with the Xs and Os of the sport and not get involved with all of that.

On the other hand, you have guys that are natural born salesman that excel in recruiting but are shyt on game day(Mario Cristobal, come on down)

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
A lot of them do :manny:

Think about it - you've got to kiss 17/18 year old kid's ass and make them feel like the most important part of the world. Some of these guys just want to deal with the Xs and Os of the sport and not get involved with all of that.

On the other hand, you have guys that are natural born salesman that excel in recruiting but are shyt on game day(Mario Cristobal, come on down)
At least the recruiters can hire some great coordinators and that can mask their deficiencies as play callers (i.e. Ed Orgeron in 2019 w/ Brady/Aranda).

There should be some workaround for the inverse too.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
At least the recruiters can hire some great coordinators and that can mask their deficiencies as play callers (i.e. Ed Orgeron in 2019 w/ Brady/Aranda).

There should be some workaround for the inverse too.
I always laugh when LSU fans shyt on Kelly and ask for Coach O back. Go look at that 2019 LSU team, I could've coached them to the natty :pachaha:

That team was fukkin loaded

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Napier.

Novell went undefeated last year, got an extension in the offseason and can blame this season on bad QB play/players getting drafted.

Napier is a clown who should have been fired after last year. Team has shown no progression in three years. He has no excuses.
nikka went 3-5 and had a loss to Jacksonville St and got an extension. Not like the FSU Admin is a competent bunch themselves. And again, DJ an easy target but he’s not the reason a “full of NFL picks” d-line is getting bulldozed off the ball. Linebackers are completely loss. Skill players dropping the ball. BC & GT not even scared and going man cause their receivers can’t get separation. Their problems are way larger than just the QB.

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
I always laugh when LSU fans shyt on Kelly and ask for Coach O back. Go look at that 2019 LSU team, I could've coached them to the natty :pachaha:

That team was fukkin loaded
Coach O gave LSU their first losing season since 1998. Nineteen-ninety-freaking-eight. Brian Kelly's got his issues but Coach O is a damn garbageman. I was shocked they ever hired him to begin with. Going from a coach that won a national championship to one who was only ever successful as an interim at USC was crazy.

number21

Strive for rulership not equality, black man.
Daps
Reppin
North Miami
I'm still trying to figure out Florida moved on from Dan Mullen. Dude led them to three straight NY6 bowls, was clearly the best coach they had since Meyer was there and they bushed him after one bad season.
Dan rubbed the boosters the wrong way, adding his lack of fire with recruiting, having eyes for the NFL, and not wanting to fire his buddy in Todd Grantham before it was too late. They were eager to let him walk.

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
Dan rubbed the boosters the wrong way, adding his lack of fire with recruiting, having eyes for the NFL, and not wanting to fire his buddy in Todd Grantham before it was too late. They were eager to let him walk.
They hopped out of the frying pan and into the fire. I just checked and his classes actually rank higher than Napier's so far :dead:.

They downgraded in every way possible.

number21

Daps
Reppin
North Miami
Apparently Mullen hated/hates recruiting. That's a really big problem in college. He was a pretty decent game day coach though.
Honestly a great offensive coach imo. He just checked out once the NFL wasn't calling his name and not wanting to deal with how high level recruiting is required at FL, and he couldn't just get by with his guys like it's Miss State.

number21

Daps
Reppin
North Miami
They hopped out of the frying pan and into the fire. I just checked and his classes actually rank higher than Napier's so far :dead:.

They downgraded in every way possible.
Yeah, I wanted Nape to work because he's all about the recruiting game and wanting to properly build this up but he's in over his head rn. Maybe we can scrape out a decent 7-5 season with our schedule but :yeshrug: