Who gets fired first: Mike Norvell or Billy Napier

Who is “Open to Work!” on LinkedIn first

• Total voters

CarolinaKing

The Carolina Blueprint
Daps
Reppin
NC
I think Norvell last longer, but that’s just because Napier won’t make it to the Georgia game. Norvell probably gone at the end of the season…the ACC is BAD.

broller

Veteran
Daps
At least the recruiters can hire some great coordinators and that can mask their deficiencies as play callers (i.e. Ed Orgeron in 2019 w/ Brady/Aranda).

There should be some workaround for the inverse too.

A recruiting coordinator or something.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Definitely Billy Napier, but the fact that this is even a remotely possible conversation about Norvell says a lot. If they look as helpless as they've looked the first two games, then I wouldn't be surprised if he only makes it into next season after making serious staff changes.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
I think Norvell last longer, but that’s just because Napier won’t make it to the Georgia game. Norvell probably gone at the end of the season…the ACC is BAD.
He was up for the Bama job (no matter how much Bama nikkas on here try to deny it, he was on the shortlist). If he ain't leave for that gig, who else is gonna want him after a season like this? It'll be Schiano to Tennessee or Stoops to A&M levels of outrage from their fan base

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I have to admit that this thread is hilarious and worthy of an upvote. Mr. Scared money don't make money is my bet to be the first one to :camby:. No way he hangs around in Gatorville.

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
A lot of the fan bases of the historical" blue bloods" of college football are just gonna have to get used to the new landscape of college sports. With the Portal and NIL you can go worst to first or vice-versa in 1-2 season's. It's going to touch them all at one point or another. Saban, for as great as he is saw the writing on the wall and got the hell on. No need to stick around and screw up his legacy. The long sustained runs of dominance are increasingly going to be a thing of the past. And the annoying fan bases of some of these schools are going to make it even worse. These schools have a large fanbase of ppl who barely graduated high school and don't even understand the nuances of things that are happening in real time. They think it's a birthright to be playing for a title every year. Unless some major rules changing happens this will be a new normal.
But this is just my opinion on how I see it right now. I could be completely wrong about all of it.

FS4LFE

Veteran
Daps
A lot of the fan bases of the historical" blue bloods" of college football are just gonna have to get used to the new landscape of college sports. With the Portal and NIL you can go worst to first or vice-versa in 1-2 season's. It's going to touch them all at one point or another. Saban, for as great as he is saw the writing on the wall and got the hell on. No need to stick around and screw up his legacy. The long sustained runs of dominance are increasingly going to be a thing of the past. And the annoying fan bases of some of these schools are going to make it even worse. These schools have a large fanbase of ppl who barely graduated high school and don't even understand the nuances of things that are happening in real time. They think it's a birthright to be playing for a title every year. Unless some major rules changing happens this will be a new normal.
But this is just my opinion on how I see it right now. I could be completely wrong about all of it.
The thing is as a Gator fan, most of the fan base isnt expecting to compete for the playoffs every year. At this point we would take winning 7-9 games a year.

Yeah CFB is more unpredictable with the transfer portal and NIL but making a bowl game and not being a joke of a program should be realistic every single year.

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
Yeah, I wanted Nape to work because he's all about the recruiting game and wanting to properly build this up but he's in over his head rn. Maybe we can scrape out a decent 7-5 season with our schedule but :yeshrug:
I was shocked they actually let him back after last year. 5 wins is unacceptable

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Napier may not make it past the Tennessee game.

Norvell will be gone by November.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Billy Napier won as soon as he signed the contract, whether the team, was successful or not.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Their fans are growing weary of the portal/hired guns approach that Norvell seems to be forced in to bc he "doesn't recruit well at the HS level."

Hired guns approach can work well (last season) but it can also lead to seasons like this where the players really don't give a fukk about and mail it in.

Norvell is starting to remind me of a less horny Mel Tucker (pause)...where he essentially rode one player to a great season with accompanying extension, but can't actually coach worth a damn and gets exposed.
Just looked at Norvell's buyout and considering that I think he is safe for another 2-3 years. I think they have a conglomerate of issues brewing. Their previous recruiting classes have been more bust than boom. They have a pretty good class so far this year based on recruiting rankings, but how likely are they to hold on to them if the season continues as it has? Also NIL is likely to be even more of a clusterfukk next off season than it was this previous year. That DL that is giving up 220 ypg rushing held them hostage to get paid, I'm pretty sure that ain't getting renewed next year. Unless someone breaks out they probably aren't going to want to pay anyone big money. They will also have to go big game hunting in the portal again. I'm pretty sure that culture in the locker room is turning to shyt and paying more mercenaries to come in likely won't help.

Norvell likely needs to turn it up in regards to HS recruiting and that likely will require upgrading some of his assistant coaches with guys that can recruit. While they can't afford to fire him they can afford to fire his assistants and that will likely be the bandaid this off-season.

Last edited: