Who else got a Roku?

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Is there any channel that will stream UFC ppvs? How's that JustinTV channel?
Yeah, or even regular TV. Like, what can Roku do for me?
I copped on because of this site. I got plex, but I can't find live TV via that

And, my cable company is now trottleing my speeds somewhat cuz now everything has hiccups/stutters :damn:

Xbox Live works fine, torrent downloads work fine. But streaming anything is becoming a bytch :damn:
I just upgraded, but it hasn't kicked in yet (speeds/limits)
Fios didn't do this shyt, fukka COX... well, Cox is cheaper at the moment, but I see why

porque

Boricua Guerrero
Daps
Reppin
Philly #ByrdGang #TPC
don't think you can do any of those streaming sites

my mom has the Roku and I know there is the hacked channel that runs thru Plex but I don't really know what it streams

porque

Boricua Guerrero
Daps
Reppin
Philly #ByrdGang #TPC
Roku announces new $50 Apple TV, Chromecast competitor ‘Streaming Stick’

Roku's answer to Google Chromecast, and when we saw it demoed last week, we asked Roku why you should buy it instead of Google's offering, which is $15 cheaper. Their answer? Simple—even though Roku's stick also works with an Android or iOS app, some people still just want a remote. You can also stream with this Roku from your phone or tablet, and you can send pictures to your TV screen too. Moreover, you have access to a lot more content on Roku—the PBS and Showtime app are just two examples.

Last edited:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Step 1 : Get Roku 3

Step 2: Get Plex

Step 3 : Name movies and tv shows to match Plex naming convention

Step 4 : Set Roku for Direct Play

Step 5 : Stream wirelessly to your living room :blessed:

Step 6 : Get Roku for bedroom and other random room your girl set up shop in that you were going to turn into an office :shaq2::aicmon::manny::blessed:

To anyone having problems with Plex and Roku streaming, I would log into Plex, go to settings, go to player, and mess with the local quality settings.

RoCKetSity256

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NorthW62d Hat Boys
Step 1 : Get Roku 3

Step 2: Get Plex

Step 3 : Name movies and tv shows to match Plex naming convention

Step 4 : Set Roku for Direct Play

Step 5 : Stream wirelessly to your living room :blessed:

Step 6 : Get Roku for bedroom and other random room your girl set up shop in that you were going to turn into an office :shaq2::aicmon::manny::blessed:

To anyone having problems with Plex and Roku streaming, I would log into Plex, go to settings, go to player, and mess with the local quality settings.
Name what movies? Ones on my computer already? I dont wanna download just to stream to my tv. Im ready to throw cable in the bushes but what kinda content will i be getting?

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Name what movies? Ones on my computer already? I dont wanna download just to stream to my tv. Im ready to throw cable in the bushes but what kinda content will i be getting?

My post was just about streaming Movies and TV shows you downloaded from your computer to your Roku.

As far as channels go, Roku has a lot of them, you can go to their site to see what channels they have...

Be sure though, that your ISP does not impose some sort of bandwidith limit, because streaming channels from Roku will count against it. I got a friend who ditched cable and went with Roku, but now his ISP is trying to charge him about as much as his cable was for going over his bandwidth limit.