• Other

Votes: 4 8.0%

• Total voters

Beautiful Bobby Eatin

SWEEEEEEEEEETNESS!
Daps
Reppin
Terra Belle, Georgia
It just makes sense for Comcast/NBCU to buy them. WWE & NBC are like a couple that's been together forever, you might as well put a ring on it.
Id fully believe this pre Peacock launch but Peacock has been such a failure i can see them being weary of making another purchase of that size. I do believe theyll want to retain the streaming rights but overseeing a massive company like that? Idk

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Not that I could foresee this happening anytime soon by any means, but if the ratings/streaming #s were to start to dwindle so much that it doesn't make financial sense to keep WWE on the air, then WWE is effectively over if they are owned by a media company.

If they are independently owned, they could still go out there and run a severely scaled-back operation, basically a house show circuit, until they get their feet on the ground again and build back up.

If owned by a media company, unless someone comes in with an offer too good to be true to buy WWE from them, they'll do nothing with it but host the library on their app until it's no longer is cost-effective, or they'll just pull a Warner Discovery and do a tax write off and you'll never see WWE again.

But like I said, I don't foresee this unprofitable ratings decline happening anytime soon, plus they have a pretty strong streaming presence that can help offset it some. But streaming isn't nearly as profitable as linear TV.
Everything is slowly moving to streaming now. Pretty soon all sports will be on some streaming platform, and WWE has always been fortunate to be ahead of the curve. Remember how the majority of people said the network was a bad investment? Now it's actually been a saving grace for them. The truth is that ratings for everything on broadcast/cable tv are getting smaller and smaller. Getting 5mil viewers for anything outside of the NFL is considered amazing, when just a decade ago that would be grounds for cancellation. The easy layup would be to sell it to NBCU because of history and current presence on the network, but we know Vince never wants to do the easy thing.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Id fully believe this pre Peacock launch but Peacock has been such a failure i can see them being weary of making another purchase of that size. I do believe theyll want to retain the streaming rights but overseeing a massive company like that? Idk
WWE is actually the reason why Peacock has survived. I'll admit I'm a bit of a soap opera fan, and Days Of Our Lives was dying on NBC, they moved it to Peacock and was able to give the entire cast raises. If it weren't for the WWE Peacock would've most likely died. As for overseeing the WWE, that's why they would retain HHH, Stephanie, and Nick since they know the day to day like the back of their hands. Comcast would just need financial reports regularly.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Neckbeards saying this is like WCW all over again must not know what was happening with WCW. WCW was losing a fortune weekly and had no way out of its sinking ship, whereas WWE has somebody ready to pay billions for the company. :mjlol:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
nd Days Of Our Lives was dying on NBC, they moved it to Peacock and was able to give the entire cast raises

Yup and I remember when they did old heads were livid, but then they started to like it as they could watch whenever they'd want , No pre-emptions. Full closing credits.

As well as time goes on they will add old seasons

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Yup and I remember when they did old heads were livid, but then they started to like it as they could watch whenever they'd want , No pre-emptions. Full closing credits.

As well as time goes on they will add old seasons
Now the old heads that watch General Hospital want them to put it on Hulu permanently, so they don't have to worry about pre-emptions or wait until the afternoon to watch. :russ: