robocop-id-buy-that-for-a-dollar.gif
Spectacular use :salute:

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I don't think it's Disney because if it is, Cokeboy will be back on the out whenever the sale goes through. One of the reasons he came back is because he wanted a position to stay within the company. Disney wouldn't let him loom over the company after they bought it.

I'd guess it would be a major network like NBC/Universal, FOX or Paramount/CBS. I could see NBC/Universal and FOX letting Cokeboy stick around due to their relationships. I don't know about Paramount/CBS, but I figured they'd have the bread to buy WWE.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No, but their shareholders might disagree

Exactly.

As a publicly owned company, the number one mission is to provide value to shareholders. Everything else, like putting out a quality product, is really just a byproduct of that.

So, if they get a good enough offer, it'd be one hell of a violation if they didn't take it, regardless of what that means for the long term future, or what type of product they can produce.

RhymesWell

All Star
Daps
I agree. Hunter, Steph, even Shane and his wife, and any extended family should just buy Vince out and keep it in the family. Unless it's someone wrestling related involved like The Rock or someone with money. But definitely not owned by a network. They already messed up by shutting the network down and moving everything to peacock, so this would be worse. The company makes plenty of money consistently. It's not like they'll be experiencing a loss with it. Should definitely stay with Hunter and Steph. They already know the business, corporations won't care.

I think Vince is trying to do them like his father did him. You want the company? Buy it from me. People forget he had to buy it from his dad, it wasn’t just given to him.

AKM-95

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Parts Unknown
NBC universal should buy it especially how bad USA network reputation has fallen but I can see Endeavor buying WWE they already own UFC and have been rumored to be interested.

Crude

Superstar
Daps
Sounds like the beginning of the end for the WWE.

That’s what doomed WCW Ted Turner bought it and quickly lost interest as revenue starting to dwindle.

Raw Sauce

Superstar
Daps
The Saudis for an absurd price just as a flex
jeque-cash-money.gif

The only thing stopping them from buying up more stuff is a lot of people can be shamed out of selling to them. Vince McMahon doesn't even know the meaning of the word shame so it'll be them.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Sounds like the beginning of the end for the WWE.

That’s what doomed WCW Ted Turner bought it and quickly lost interest as revenue starting to dwindle.
Not that I could foresee this happening anytime soon by any means, but if the ratings/streaming #s were to start to dwindle so much that it doesn't make financial sense to keep WWE on the air, then WWE is effectively over if they are owned by a media company.

If they are independently owned, they could still go out there and run a severely scaled-back operation, basically a house show circuit, until they get their feet on the ground again and build back up.

If owned by a media company, unless someone comes in with an offer too good to be true to buy WWE from them, they'll do nothing with it but host the library on their app until it's no longer is cost-effective, or they'll just pull a Warner Discovery and do a tax write off and you'll never see WWE again.

But like I said, I don't foresee this unprofitable ratings decline happening anytime soon, plus they have a pretty strong streaming presence that can help offset it some. But streaming isn't nearly as profitable as linear TV.