Who are the Yoruba people?

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
i have no idea what you talking about... sounds like a twitter feminist. When comments popup like "hip hop is dead, we still have afrobeat" , the artists don't even speak english, so i'm left listening to another language with same beat. :yeshrug: In your mind, i just pissed on an Yoruba elder head. your retarded, fully.
You wanna know what's crazy everyone itt understands where I'm coming from but your head is so far up your own ass you can barely catch a whiff of your stank ass scent

Busted_Toes

Veteran
Daps
You wanna know what's crazy everyone itt understands where I'm coming from but your head is so far up your own ass you can barely catch a whiff of your stank ass scent
not really, they hate me because i post half naked women. I'd be more liked, if i posted trannies or half naked men. thecoli.com

Busted_Toes

Veteran
Daps
on top of being ignorant you're also a degenerate, you must be so proud of yourself
i already accept i'm a degenerate and me and my therapist are working on that. but not ignorant, you just butt-hurt because i pointed out the music you listen to repetitive as fukk.

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Don't forget the Edo/Bini people as well.

If Nigeria split up today and became 4 or 5 different countries, where would the Edo go? Melt in with a greater Yoruba republic or do its own thing independently?

Im fascinated by how places like Benin (the country) and large parts of Western Nigeria are Yoruba but they have never tried to reunite. I know Benin used to be Dahomey until the 70s but it seems like Fon, Yoruba, Edo groups all share a common history whereas Igbo territory is more independent both politically and culturally.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
i already accept i'm a degenerate and me and my therapist are working on that. but not ignorant, you just butt-hurt because i pointed out the music you listen to repetitive as fukk.
you clearly are an ignorant fukk because you keep using that as some sort of gotcha or red herring, again let me reiterate you thinking the music is repetitive that IS NOT my problem, my problem IS your immediate disregard for people making music in their own native language and somehow thinking it was inferior as opposed to using English which I showed in the first page of this thread.

Maybe you can't speak another language that's why it keeps going over head but those that speak their own native language in their house understand 10 fold where I'm coming from

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If Nigeria split up today and became 4 or 5 different countries, where would the Edo go? Melt in with a greater Yoruba republic or do its own thing independently?

Im fascinated by how places like Benin (the country) and large parts of Western Nigeria are Yoruba but they have never tried to reunite. I know Benin used to be Dahomey until the 70s but it seems like Fon, Yoruba, Edo groups all share a common history whereas Igbo territory is more independent both politically and culturally.
Edo could stand on their own. Interesting fact is that Onitsha which is a city that many people connect with the Igbo is actually a city that was founded by the Edo. Lagos roots also is originally connected with the Edo.

Busted_Toes

Veteran
Daps
you clearly are an ignorant fukk because you keep using that as some sort of gotcha or red herring, again let me reiterate you thinking the music is repetitive that IS NOT my problem, my problem IS your immediate disregard for people making music in their own native language and somehow thinking it was inferior as opposed to using English which I showed in the first page of this thread.

Maybe you can't speak another language that's why it keeps going over head but those that speak their own native language in their house understand 10 fold where I'm coming from
Nikka, if i make a thread Afrobeats sound the same.. you reply posting videos to oppose my argument.. then i point out they speaking a different language, so the only thing i can judge is the beat and guess what... THE BEAT SOUNDS THE FUKKIN SAME. Fast forward a couple months... this translates to "YOU ARE DISRESPECTFUL TO YORUBA CULTURE", i swear to Most High you a fukkin idiot.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
Nikka, if i make a thread Afrobeats sound the same.. you reply posting videos to oppose my argument.. then i point out they speaking a different language, so the only thing i can judge is the beat and guess what... THE BEAT SOUNDS THE FUKKIN SAME. Fast forward a couple months... this translates to "YOU ARE DISRESPECTFUL TO YORUBA CULTURE", i swear to Most High you a fukkin idiot.
You are the poster child for this policy
51707036.0.jpg

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Edo could stand on their own. Interesting fact is that Onitsha which is a city that many people connect with the Igbo is actually a city that was founded by the Edo. Lagos roots also is originally connected with the Edo.

Yea thats what I was reading that in the medieval times most of the trade and wars between the kingdoms ran westward from Benin City reaching all the way up to Ghana and Accra. I dont remember where I heard it but I was told that Igboland/Old Calabar didnt even really have relations with the Western Nigerian countries until the Hausa and Europeans came along, that they were more insular. Is that true?

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

Yes. In some ways, the Benin Empire laid a lot of the foundations of present-day Southern Nigeria. If the Edo desired to spread their language like the Hausa-speaking Sokoto Caliphate, I theorize there would be a lot more unity in the South.

Anyway, I am Igbo but my town’s folklore says it was founded by people fleeing Benin’s rule. It was certainly under the cultural influence of Benin, anyway.